Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
He already mentioned he had the low mount Hellion kit.
thats correct.

I can also order the hellion kit minus the turbos. I’m still looking into turbos and what make sense for what I want. My local Builder has a good relationship with boost lab, so we can get custom turbos made up.

I will check into the air cooled type, seems like they have grease ports where you gotta maintain them on a regular interval.

appreciate any input that comes up. I’m not sold on any particular turbo company.

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
Ah gotcha, I must have missed the low mount deal. I'm a fan of anything OEM Garrett they make the best stuff IMO, everyone else trys to put fancy tricks on Garrett stuff but Garrett and Borgwarner are the OG in that space. If you want to run an oil cooled turbo you could always just set it up with its own dedicated oil reservoir tank and cooler that way it stays separate from the engine which I would think would be wise on a road racing setup.

At the end of the day though look at porsche, they used to run AIR COOLED flat turbo engines in all forms of racing and dominated regularly so there must be a way to make it work lol.

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
The comp oil-less turbos use a high temp heavy duty military grade grease which is readily available and you just hit them with a few pumps of grease at every 3000 mile oil change.

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
I've never ran them but they seem cool as hell hah

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Anyone have a recommended oil separator?

just go with the Ford performance? Or JLt?

any recommendations?

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350

any recommendations?
Below was my reply to a thread on the topic. Added benefits, UPR is a local business and they're a solid group.

Do yourself a favor and look for a deal on the UPR. Best build quality, OE quality components, excellent design, easy to maintain, and modular if you needs change over the years.

The following images are @madlag from another forum:

AGF0dhl.jpg

Simple to maintain, discreet install and finish.. I couldn't be happier with mine. UPR has been around

https://uprproducts.com/16-20-mustang-gt350-single-valve-oil-catch-can-with-css-plug-n-play/

R_The_Best_Catch_Can_vs_the_REST__24489.1587759508.jpg

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Below was my reply to a thread on the topic. Added benefits, UPR is a local business and they're a solid group.
Do you know whats really the difference between UPR and the JLT? A user mentioned something that with the JLT its too close to the PCM or something.

I considered a UPR but saw the price and went with the JLT lol

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Do you know whats really the difference between UPR and the JLT? A user mentioned something that with the JLT its too close to the PCM or something.

I considered a UPR but saw the price and went with the JLT lol
Stuff that stands out to me: capacity, billet check valve, filtration method, higher quality choices on the UPR (hoses/quick release fittings/billet adjustable bracket).

Regarding price, did you compare the passenger side from JLT vs the full solution with clean side separator (CSS) from UPR? Most shops show the whole thing, but you can order how you want from UPR.

JLT filtration:
oil-separator-fine-mesh-filter1.jpg

UPR Filtration marketing:
e_best_catch_can_vs_the_rest__24489-1587759508-jpg.jpg

Either one is fine, end of the day.. it's a catch can.

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

any recommendations?
I'm also working on getting all the parts to twin turbo my gt350 and will be using the b&l fab catchcan coolant resovoir combo

207TTGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Denny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350 2020 GMC 2500 AT4 Duramax
I run the comp oil-less on my twin set up. Pretty slick, as one post mentioned just re-grease with specialized grease every 3k miles.

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
The comp oil-less is a really cool idea glad someone did it. I have the ford performance catch cans just because of the OEM look and no warranty questions.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I run the comp oil-less on my twin set up. Pretty slick, as one post mentioned just re-grease with specialized grease every 3k miles.
who did your twin setup? Are you road racing the car at all?

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Borla Atak system and carbon fiber drive shaft should be here soon. Ill
Be doing both of those shortly.

I just tracked the car yesterday pretty hard. I need to get these caster camber plates in ASAP, this thing needs attack alignment bad. Stock alignment is just tearing my tires up.

71D6EAC2-6C7C-47EE-9A02-B69B0967E1CE.jpeg