Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Guys, anyone know how many heritage editions will be made? Sorta makes me wish I woulda waited on the R I got, although I do love the magnetic and black stripes. THe heritage is just really sweet looking.
they aren’t as rare as I thought originally.
I found an article clip somewhere.

hang on

20E78C74-AD43-431F-9027-3119E1F431FB.png

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
that’s a really cool story. And what kind of connects the dots for me is what you just said.

my dad and I were wondering how this small dealership, kind of off the beaten path had access to some nice allocations. They had couple gt500 cftp, and gt350’s. My dad was like how the heck do they get these allocations out here. I said the owner has connections or he has been around for a really long long time. So this makes sense that that dealership has a long standing reputation with Ford, and they got some serious allocations.
Your HEP R is 1 of 5 cars that were allocated to a Ford dealership located in the State of South Carolina.

Yes, this dealership just sold a Twister Orange CFTP GT500 and still have an Iconic Silver GT500 in their showroom and comes with Black stripes and Black roof and is a 4 seat car.

What is the chassis number for your car?

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Man I look forward to seeing the finished product even though we know our cars ar never finished lol.

I see you already got the Verus Diffuser. I would also check out https://www.archetyperacing.com for some of the best aero products on the market. He just released the Corsair diffuser that may have better gains than the Verus. And I dont know if you are adding a splitter but his splitters are nearly indestructible.
thanks for the update on that product. I’ll be checking them out later tonight.

never finished is so true. You can’t just be done, and drive the car forever. It’s a process that keeps going and going. You either love it, or quit lmao.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Your HEP R is 1 of 5 cars that were allocated to a Ford dealership located in the State of South Carolina.

Yes, this dealership just sold a Twister Orange CFTP GT500 and still have an Iconic Silver GT500 in their showroom and comes with Black stripes and Black roof and is a 4 seat car.

What is the chassis number for your car?
the orange gt500 was in the showroom when I was there. And when they wheeled my Shelby out of the showroom they brought the iconic silver with black stripes to replace my gt350r.

my Chassis number LR209

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Guys, anyone know how many heritage editions will be made? Sorta makes me wish I woulda waited on the R I got, although I do love the magnetic and black stripes. THe heritage is just really sweet looking.
I come up with 528 HEP GT350's and 280 HEP GT350R's which includes 1 PP HEP R.

Total for all R's for 2020 should be ~695 cars.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
I come up with 528 HEP GT350's and 280 HEP GT350R's which includes 1 PP HEP R.

Total for all R's for 2020 should be ~695 cars.
Awesome, ty.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
What’s the best lithium battery for this car. I want it lightest possible but not to the point where it has to be tendered every night? I still street this thing some.

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Hello, new to this forum. Joining because I’ve been reading posts from others about different setups and modifications to the Gt350. There have been several really good in depth reads. Anytime I see that type of info, I just dive in and keep reading more and more. I’m posting my build thread to get input from others on areas that can be beneficial to my setup. Hopefully I also show something to others that they can learn from and try as well.

Modding is expensive, we shall never forget this.

So to start 2021 with a bang. I’m going full on into my GT350R. I debated allot of different setups and directions to go with this. And like most any build this extensive, it’s subject to changes along the way and will most certainly take months and months of testing along the way to get the car “dialed” in. I’m still in allot of research phase. I’ve been in the mopar world for the past 3 years and haven’t been back to mustangs for a while. Half mile and 1/4 mile have been fun. But ever since my dad bought me the two day Ford performance driving school, I got the road race bug.

I am going to road race this car. Locally here in Palm beach they have the Palm beach Driving Club. This gets us on the track every week for 4 hours to run as hard as we want. It’s a 2 mile track and there are a bunch of Porches and other exotics to play with. I’m in the process of getting my competition license with SCCA, im in the very beginning stages of that. Will be lots of fun. Don’t know much about the types of classes etc, and also NASA has a cool Florida chapter that I want to check out. The car will have fun on the street as well. Although I already have a Hellcat running 1000 whp on street setup now and a terminator as well. So this GT350R won’t get tons of street mileage.

I want to keep weight as low as possible. So I will be measuring these parts along with the stock components to see where the gains and loss is at. Ultimately I hope to complete this build and at the least I want to remain back at stock weight.

As for power levels, I do not plan on high boosting the car for the track. For track I don’t see the need for more than 650-750 whp. I would like to get it around 650-700 to start and work up from there. The idea is a very solid powerband and turbos that bring the power on smooth. Tuning will be key, and I have a good Tuner who has done some other cars of mine.

So on to the build.

The Engine will be fully built by MPR racing engines in South Florida. Going full tilt. This is a brand new engine being built separately. My stock engine is still in my car. I’ll be driving it and racing it while I’m procuring parts for this build. I’ll keep my stock engine as a backup once I make the swap. Engine will be able to hold 1600-1800 crank HP. RPM good to 8800-9000. Although I don’t plan on setting it that high, maybe 8500.
FED371D1-A904-477E-AD4E-597BD5528FA3.jpeg
E98948A9-AAE8-40F1-B121-3F6531672D53.jpeg

Intake Manifold: Stock

Throttle Body: still researching, open to ideas from others.

Power Adder: Hellion Twin Turbo under mount kit. Looking at different turbo options, will be ordering in the next 2-3 weeks. My builder likes the PTE 62mm ball bearing turbos. I want something that can spool quick and work well with the RPM ranges of this car. I’m open to suggestions and am still researching this. Will be calling Hellion as well. This is primarily a road racer.

Clutch: I’m in between the Mcleoud Twin disc or the Mantic Triple disc. Will be calling Mantic to discuss road racing.

Trans: Stock tremec. We will see how it lasts.

Shifter: MGW short throw with stock knob.

Competition Motorsports Roll bar custom powder coated in Guardsman Blue.

Shelby 5 point racing harness

HANS device Ultralight carbon

Stilo ST5 2020 Carbon Helmet with integrated Ear Muffs and Mic. Racing electronics receiver, push to talk, Motorola, and roll bar mounted Antenna.

SRP Racing Pedals

Steeda Sub frame alignment kit
Steeda Vertical links
Steeda Road Race K member (around 25lb savings)
Steeda IRS support brace
Steeda Rear toe links
Steeda Rear adjustable camber arms.
Steeda Jacking rails

Tow Hook

Archangel Or Antigravity Lithium battery 15-20 lbs savings still deciding which one

Driveshaft: QA1 Carbon fiber shaft. Looking at some other options. Anyone have a review on this or other options. don’t want a finicky and vibrating ride. I’ve been down the driveshaft rabbit hole on my Hellcat trying to find something that didn’t shake. Should be some weight savings in a carbon shaft also.

Titanium Brake shields ordered

Cool Tech Brake Completion Kit ordered

Oil Separators driver and passenger

Head Cooling mod ordered

Auto Blip: not sure on this yet. I enjoy heel toe but if this can save seconds I might do it.

I’ll play with losing weight as the build progresses.

Possibly add carbon fiber hood and deck lid. Should be 20-30 lbs there.

Check on the front and rear bumper supports and see what they look like when the car is apart. Maybe 10-20 lbs?

Carbon ceramic rotors will get added once the stock rotors are toast. They are worth around 40 lbs.

Fuel system: Undecided

Radiator: C&R racing

Caliperfection Studs: ordered

Titanium Lugs: researching

Verus Engineering rear diffuser: ordered

I will add more or remove things as this build progresses. Estimated timeframe to completion is 3-5 months. The engine is ordered. And all the steeda stuff is ordered and few other items.

THE DAY I PICKED IT IP.
A0F154EE-916D-4154-BEF9-2638D312F6C4.jpeg
463CCA43-5133-4A09-9620-6EBEAACFD4F6.jpeg
1902D848-A76F-42A2-864D-E1B93B970564.jpeg

CERAMIC COATED AND WEARING STREET SHOES

0FEFA879-3B04-4286-B4BB-0E16CD2CEE43.png
7D8EE19D-5375-46A2-B029-75E115A5B271.jpeg
245F4FEE-5D6D-4AB6-978B-F457D7B3489C.jpeg
9EFC9ABA-0F07-404E-A023-211DE2EC0AD0.jpeg
DC739C85-D56E-4BC1-BE56-60756DC1BDF6.jpeg
B813A559-C142-4268-AE2A-EC33391B7781.jpeg
174BC1BB-7877-4253-9177-8E3073D022A0.jpeg
Wow. This is going to be amazing! Would you be able to provide a general range on the cost of doing something like this? I'm trying to compare this type of build to something like an HPE850 from Hennessy. That has to be around $25-30K but yours seems much cooler/better. Congrats

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Wow. This is going to be amazing! Would you be able to provide a general range on the cost of doing something like this? I'm trying to compare this type of build to something like an HPE850 from Hennessy. That has to be around $25-30K but yours seems much cooler/better. Congrats
I don’t plan on adding it all up anytime soon. Lol

it’s going to be allot. You can pretty much tally the costs on the entire list I have. Then you got labor. And tuning.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I don’t plan on adding it all up anytime soon. Lol

it’s going to be allot. You can pretty much tally the costs on the entire list I have. Then you got labor. And tuning.
The parts alone for the Motor will be at least $20k.

OP , you ever consider dropping off the car with fathouse for their custom TT ?

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
The parts alone for the Motor will be at least $20k.

OP , you ever consider dropping off the car with fathouse for their custom TT ?
I considered it. It wasn’t about the money as much as I wanted to do my own thing.

although fathouse has better piping, it’s still just piping. The hellion kit is simple stainless mig welded stuff that is far from pretty. It I’m going to ceramic coat parts and powder coat other stuff to clean it up. Turbos are turbos and valves are valves. The big thing that makes them unique is the motec tuning. I think that’s the best selling feature for them is the unique tuning.

i think their stuff is top notch, but I’m going to install allot of the parts with my dad in the garage. And the engine, k member, and turbo setup I’ll have my local builder do for me, I don’t have the time to invest in this part. My dad and I have done both of our Cobras that we own already, we did the engines and everything else. But with our current workload, just not worth the headache. The rest I’ll handle myself.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I don’t know if they are used much here but Tilton makes one hell of a triple carbon quad carbon clutch. It’s rebuildable. It’s not cheap but the gold gobs of torque. I drove a car that had one 10 years ago and OMG 😱 I want to say that particular clutch and flywheel only weighed 11 pounds and the car put down 1340 rwhp

https://tiltonracing.com/product-category/driveline/racing-clutches/carbon-racing-clutches/
I checked them out. Sent sales an email asking some questions. Thanks for the link.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Just ordered the Borla Atak catback

It sounded so damn good. Can’t wait to hear it in person.