Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Phillip, What's the seat and seat belt set up currently in this car? OEM Recaros still in place? Cage? 4 or 6 points harness or did you revert back to the original 3 point seat belts now that it's a 90% street car?

Edit: maybe the 90% street car comment was an old one. I see you're really amping up the track times.
sparco QRT series carbon seats. Competition mortorsports roll bar. I have to look up the harness names. 5 point harness setup. Still have oem seat belts for street driving.

Drivers seat has a sparco seat slider mount. Very useful! Passenger is fixed mount for weight savings.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Been looking at the super tasty archetype racing parts. Specifically a front splitter and rear diffuser. Might not put the verus rear diffuser on.

hmmmmm….

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My personal recommendation is AJ Hartman or Verus front (not sure if they've done a larger rear diffuser yet). I've seen quite a few AR parts come off cars over the last 2 years (some broke, some switched for parts developed in an actual wind tunnel (AJ/Verus).

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
My personal recommendation is AJ Hartman or Verus front (not sure if they've done a larger rear diffuser yet). I've seen quite a few AR parts come off cars over the last 2 years (some broke, some switched for parts developed in an actual wind tunnel (AJ/Verus).
I wholeheartedly agree. AJ's stuff has data to back it up and is used on many cars, including my own. I have also seen issues with AR stuff, both fitment and it's ability to stand up to harsh conditions. AJ is also quite quick to respond and can customize things to meet class rules if that's a constraint you're working with.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I wholeheartedly agree. AJ's stuff has data to back it up and is used on many cars, including my own. I have also seen issues with AR stuff, both fitment and it's ability to stand up to harsh conditions. AJ is also quite quick to respond and can customize things to meet class rules if that's a constraint you're working with.
intersting. I need to do some research. I’ve run the archetype racing stuff on our lotus race cars for two seasons. They have taken some damage over a bunch of different levels of incidents, and held up moderately well.

haven’t heard of AJ Hartman stuff except a couple times on the forums. I have the verus rear diffuser, it doesn’t require any modifications to install. But I want a front splitter to properly pair up as well.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
intersting. I need to do some research. I’ve run the archetype racing stuff on our lotus race cars for two seasons. They have taken some damage over a bunch of different levels of incidents, and held up moderately well.

haven’t heard of AJ Hartman stuff except a couple times on the forums. I have the verus rear diffuser, it doesn’t require any modifications to install. But I want a front splitter to properly pair up as well.
I like how AJ races his own stuff and like SHane said, he works with you to customize as needed. His stuff is proven and is priced fairly. For example, the rear diffuser is $2,500 and develops just under 300lbs of down force on an S550 at 150 mph - this data is verified in a wind tunnel.

https://ajhartmanaero.com/modular-diffusor/

The AR equivalent is down over 50 lbs and costs 2x as much. Unsure if it's actually been tested in a wind tunnel

https://archetyperacing.com/products/corsair-rear-diffuser

I also know that AJ's stuff is typically lighter - I know a few folks who took off their front splitter and replaced with AJ's and saved a good 10lbs or so.

The AR stuff is pretty nice to look at and you can tell a ton of time goes into the design - but looking at the costs and performance (and lack of wind tunnel time), you can tell they're meant for a slightly different crowd than hardcore track users who like data.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Thanks for the input. I’ll be doing some reading on these parts.

Currently waiting for the headers to get back from ceramic coating.

All the requested painted parts are now back at the speed shop.

almost ready to get my car over their for surgery.

f2b2c0f7-a9fc-4152-9ec0-f85a1249628a.jpeg
758de2df-6b8a-4301-b272-8ae641613952.jpeg

Last edited: