Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
That hood would look killer if you painted and striped it to match.

I think in the rpm band you will be running on a road course, you won't have an issue with those 62s spooling or keeping you in the power band.
Would you foresee any under hood heat issues?

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
That hood would look killer if you painted and striped it to match.

I think in the rpm band you will be running on a road course, you won't have an issue with those 62s spooling or keeping you in the power band.
Would you foresee any under hood heat issues?

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Lol.

I think this is my third alternator at this point.

caused me to throw my accessory belt overheated. All is good just need to replace.
EC2BC07C-DF2C-4B07-B815-819B23853DD9.jpeg

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Ohh and add allot more coolant.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have they all broken in a similar manner ?

If so (but trying not to start a shit storm), is it a Voodoo / harmonics thing or is there something else at play ?

Either way, hope you get it sorted :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Have they all broken in a similar manner ?

If so (but trying not to start a shit storm), is it a Voodoo / harmonics thing or is there something else at play ?

Either way, hope you get it sorted :like:

WD :like:
ive had an outright failure on one.

The second one cracked similarly, although not as severe.

And I’ve also rattled my AC to death and sheared the mounting bolts off.

im gonna go with the vibrations from the engine.

there rarely isn’t a time that I sit in this car and it doesn’t go balls out and run very very hard. So it doesn’t gets many pleasure cruises.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Are you on solid motor mounts or something that's causing this level of failure? I've not seen this from other track cars or higher horsepower builds.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
ive had an outright failure on one.

The second one cracked similarly, although not as severe.

And I’ve also rattled my AC to death and sheared the mounting bolts off.

im gonna go with the vibrations from the engine.

there rarely isn’t a time that I sit in this car and it doesn’t go balls out and run very very hard. So it doesn’t gets many pleasure cruises.
Hmmm... many of the 30,000 or so Voodoos out there get the same treatment and don't have the problems you've been having. What I saw in this thread is failures in the A/C and alternator. The common denominator is the crankshaft dampener that the drive belts wrap around. What's a little weird is that you've had the problem on two different engines. I'd expect a long block to come with a new crank dampener, but maybe not. I agree that it's a vibration problem, but I don't think that it's a Voodoo problem, I think it's a defective part problem.

This post in this TMO thread might be interesting: https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/crankshaft-dampers.11909/post-219790

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Hmmm... many of the 30,000 or so Voodoos out there get the same treatment and don't have the problems you've been having. What I saw in this thread is failures in the A/C and alternator. The common denominator is the crankshaft dampener that the drive belts wrap around. What's a little weird is that you've had the problem on two different engines. I'd expect a long block to come with a new crank dampener, but maybe not. I agree that it's a vibration problem, but I don't think that it's a Voodoo problem, I think it's a defective part problem.

This post in this TMO thread might be interesting: https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/crankshaft-dampers.11909/post-219790
im not sure that's fair. the guy is pretty clear that the car never see's anything but hard use.

are you saying there most dudes ripping 30K miles of hard use on other cars with no problems?
🤨

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
im not sure that's fair. the guy is pretty clear that the car never see's anything but hard use.

are you saying there most dudes ripping 30K miles of hard use on other cars with no problems?
🤨
Well, not exactly... my actual point was that @Hangman77 shouldn't just dismiss the ongoing problems as "well, it's a Voodoo and they do that". One one hand, it could just be bad luck. On the other, if it's an actual problem, then If it doesn't get diagnosed and fixed, components powered by the FEAD will just keep on failing.

BTW, my 2016 GT350 has 30,000 miles on it with 38 track days and 10 autocross events. My Voodoo has been fine all along and, I'm sure to the disappointment of many, it's still fine.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Well, not exactly... my actual point was that @Hangman77 shouldn't just dismiss the ongoing problems as "well, it's a Voodoo and they do that". One one hand, it could just be bad luck. On the other, if it's an actual problem, then If it doesn't get diagnosed and fixed, components powered by the FEAD will just keep on failing.

BTW, my 2016 GT350 has 30,000 miles on it with 38 track days and 10 autocross events. My Voodoo has been fine all along and, I'm sure to the disappointment of many, it's still fine.

I really don’t think guys drive as hard as I do. Ive been to allot of track events and if I go to 10 trackdays and encounter 200 drivers. There’s probably 3 expert level drivers who are absolutely ripping it around the track. I mean ripping it, pushing the car to the absolute limits. I’m also pushing this car to the limiter every time on the correct sections. I have no mercy for my car, it either works or it breaks, im not trying to preserve parts.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I’ll add that what you all are seeing is simply what you are seeing in right front of you. It’s the same thing I am seeing. You can formulate whatever you want.

I don’t consider outside issues or causes to be anything but there own isolated incidents. My car and my setup with my driving style and all other factors, that is it’s own analysis. We can guess and use whatever data we want to fortunate opinions, but they are only opinions. So take them for what they are.

in my opinion, I drive the shit out of this car, I don’t consider what happens to the parts based on how hard I drive it, it’s annoying that it breaks somewhat often, but I have other cars to play with, and with the data that I have from this personal car, how to determine what could be the causes for these particular problem? My honest opinion is this car rattles shit to death. If I wanted to, I mean, I could copy one dudes post and attribute to my own issue, or even two or three guys on the internet and say, hey! That’s what’s happening to me! But I’d rather make my own opinion. If you agree or disagree id Love to hear anyones thoughts. That’s why this is posted publicly. I learn allot from certain forums, especially when I hear from experienced racers who have broken a shit ton of parts and tried tons of combos in the efforts to go as fast on four wheels as possible.

You may call yourself lucky, but my first thought when you have all those miles on your car racing and you said you haven’t had any problems is….you don’t drive anywhere as near as hard as I do on the track, or two, your full of it. lol. Not starting shit, more having fun and messing with the crowd.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Personally, I think this is just voodoo doing voodoo things. They rattle crap apart - it's just how they're designed. I've been through alternators, pick up tubes, starters, exhaust bolts, front cover bolts, shifter bolts, ground bolts, crank snouts, main caps, you name it. I've probably rattled it off/cracked it. Well, except headers ironically (but I know many who have broken those).