Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I sent you a PM with what the company told me. Pretty much forwarded your post, and was told by the guy who responded that he had never heard that, but who messaged you was the founder of the company
That’s an odd one for sure. I don’t really want to guinea pig the setup. Not sure if I really desire the auto blip right now. Every track day I’m out, I am more and more confident with the heel toe. I don’t even think about it anymore.

I’ll maybe reach out again and see what’s up. Wouldn’t hurt to use it, can only make me faster I think.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
That’s an odd one for sure. I don’t really want to guinea pig the setup. Not sure if I really desire the auto blip right now. Every track day I’m out, I am more and more confident with the heel toe. I don’t even think about it anymore.

I’ll maybe reach out again and see what’s up. Wouldn’t hurt to use it, can only make me faster I think.
Same here, I got the same "we'll refund you if it doesn't work"

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Personally, I’d skip the CCBs and out on the brembos from the GT4 mustang - very similar weights and much better performance and pad selection.
Hmmm... I'm new to this thread, so sorry if I'm a bit behind. Where did the idea that a Brembo Racing rotor set is even remotely as lightweight as the CCB's come from? Looking at the front brakes, the Brembo Racing catalog shows 380x34 friction rings with a 65mm annulus (what you'd want for a heavy fast car like this) at around 22.5 pounds for the ring (note that to use a 380mm ring you'd need new calipers). Put in a hat and some screws and you're around 24 pounds. The finished CCB 394x36 rotors on my car are 13.6 pounds. Not even close. The rears are closer - CCB's are about 6 pounds lighter than stock, but up front, the weight difference is considerable.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hmmm... I'm new to this thread, so sorry if I'm a bit behind. Where did the idea that a Brembo Racing rotor set is even remotely as lightweight as the CCB's come from? Looking at the front brakes, the Brembo Racing catalog shows 380x34 friction rings with a 65mm annulus (what you'd want for a heavy fast car like this) at around 22.5 pounds for the ring (note that to use a 380mm ring you'd need new calipers). Put in a hat and some screws and you're around 24 pounds. The finished CCB 394x36 rotors on my car are 13.6 pounds. Not even close. The rears are closer - CCB's are about 6 pounds lighter than stock, but up front, the weight difference is considerable.
Sorry - was thinking he would replace the entire system - calipers included. From what I've been told by folks connected to the program, the setup on the GT4 mustang will rival the weight of the consumer CCB system from RB (I don't have specific weights--I'm years off from making this $$$ commitment) while offering much bigger/better pads, better stopping power, and more proven performance. That's what I was basing my recommendation on.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Sorry - was thinking he would replace the entire system - calipers included. From what I've been told by folks connected to the program, the setup on the GT4 mustang will rival the weight of the consumer CCB system from RB (I don't have specific weights--I'm years off from making this $$$ commitment) while offering much bigger/better pads, better stopping power, and more proven performance. That's what I was basing my recommendation on.
Is there a site that shows the gt4 brake setup in entirety? Curious to do some research on them.

For the weight savings alone, the RB kit is amazing.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Thanks for chiming in, it’s great to see someone running the RB kit. Seems like your experience has been positive since installed. Just read through your entire thread regarding your install of the front and rear kits.

My number one question/issue would be longevity. I race every week. And I push the car very hard. I think I would need to be very careful if I went this route, as in, checking temperatures regularly and getting a good understanding of how long I could run the car before the heat builds up to high.

What’s the heat threshold for the RB rotors and the RB specific pads?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Is there a site that shows the gt4 brake setup in entirety? Curious to do some research on them.

For the weight savings alone, the RB kit is amazing.
Not that I've seen. Reach out to Dean at Kohr Motorsports. He has all the details :)

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks for chiming in, it’s great to see someone running the RB kit. Seems like your experience has been positive since installed. Just read through your entire thread regarding your install of the front and rear kits.

My number one question/issue would be longevity. I race every week. And I push the car very hard. I think I would need to be very careful if I went this route, as in, checking temperatures regularly and getting a good understanding of how long I could run the car before the heat builds up to high.

What’s the heat threshold for the RB rotors and the RB specific pads?
My experience with CCB's has been exceptional. Pads last forever, rotors still good after 30 track days, and so on. That said, I'm an inspired amateur and I may not hammer the equipment as hard as you do.

For what you're doing, I'd be looking at the new type CCM rotors from RB and run them with XC40 or XC41 sintered pads. Pads are long lasting, fade free and high mu and bite. The investment isn't small, so give Warren a call at RB and have a chat with him about how you use the car.

The other iron brake alternative, the one I'd be looking at if I was going that direction, is one of the two Brembo Racing kits here: https://www.racetechnologies.com/products/brakekits/2018/ford/mustang-shelby-gt350?vehicle=11121

I had a corresponding Brembo Racing kit on my 2014 GT500 and I loved it. @Fabman has the same kit on his S197 race car now.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Struggling to decide on a backup setup of track wheels to go with my carbon wheels.

I’m looking at the

apex ET52 11”

apex ET56 11.5”

Any one of these Apex better than the others. I want a square setup so I can rotate.

Are the any other options on wheels that are close to the lightness of the carbons?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Struggling to decide on a backup setup of track wheels to go with my carbon wheels.

I’m looking at the

apex ET52 11”

apex ET56 11.5”

Any one of these Apex better than the others. I want a square setup so I can rotate.

Are the any other options on wheels that are close to the lightness of the carbons?
Signature wheels from @50 Deep
Forgeline wheels

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

I’m looking at the

apex ET52 11”

apex ET56 11.5”

If you thought the long thread on CCB brakes was fun, have a look at this one on carbon fiber rims:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...rbon-fiber-gt350r-wheels-vs-al-wheels.109837/

That's why I really like the carbon ceramic brakes. My front axle unsprung weight is about the same as having CF rims without the cost of the CF rims. I run OEM GT350 rear rims (all 30 pounds of them, and I've got four sets) square on my car. I get the increased stiffness of the heavy OEM rim without a weight penalty.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
@50 Deep

What kind of track wheel combos do you have for a 19” square setup for my car?

Thanks

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
@50 Deep

What kind of track wheel combos do you have for a 19” square setup for my car?

Thanks
Hey brother,

I can actually build any of our Monoblock wheels to work for you in a square setup. Meaning our Track Series, Monoblock Series, Reserved Series, Precision Series and Royal Series. This includes a square rotatable that requires extended front studs and wheel spacers. Or a non-rotatable that will bolt directly onto the car front and rear. Fitment will be fantastic, weight will be 20 lbs and the aesthetics will be unmatched.

We really try to build wheels that are functional on track and look killer on the street. Check out some of our build album and see what you like. Send me an email when you can as I will be able to respond faster.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qBHDLwf5bI6kFYRK2

Siempre,

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Hey brother,

I can actually build any of our Monoblock wheels to work for you in a square setup. Meaning our Track Series, Monoblock Series, Reserved Series, Precision Series and Royal Series. This includes a square rotatable that requires extended front studs and wheel spacers. Or a non-rotatable that will bolt directly onto the car front and rear. Fitment will be fantastic, weight will be 20 lbs and the aesthetics will be unmatched.

We really try to build wheels that are functional on track and look killer on the street. Check out some of our build album and see what you like. Send me an email when you can as I will be able to respond faster.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qBHDLwf5bI6kFYRK2

Siempre,
PM Sent