OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Do you remember which dealer was 5k over msrp? I am sure they would take msrp if they haven't sold that allocation yet. These cars are expensive enough, anymore, and I might as well buy a Viper.
If that Alberta dealership still has a 2020 R for sale it would be because of an ADM of some sort.

Having grown up and knowing many of these dealerships in the West and with only ~10 R's coming into Canada for the 2020 MY getting an R model for MSRP is very difficult and personally don't see an MSRP deal happening.
Sponsored

nefyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP
Since there seems to be a number of Canadians posting in the past few days, I'll share what I have found in my search for 1 of the 2020 Canadian R's, and I'll add what I've read on here:

Province - Dealer - none, sold, available - info from **note

ON - Parkway Ford - none - Sales Manager
ON - Kennedy Ford - none - General Manager
ON - Fraser Ford - sold - Sales Manager
ON - Campbell Ford - sold - Sales Manager
ON - Summit Ford - none - Sales Manager
ON - Cambrian Ford - none - Sales Manager
ON - Markville Ford - available - Sales Manager **they still have a 2019 R with 30k ADM..
ON - Donway Ford - sold - Salesperson **not convinced they even had one based on conversation..

ON - remaining dealers I received no response from
MB - no response
SK - no response
QC - I had received one available response from a dealer in QC, unfortunately I have misplaced that.

AB - Freedom Ford - available - Salesperson **advised they had a 'few' available, not convinced they even have one..
AB - Northstar Ford - sold - Sales Manager
AB - Sherwood Ford - sold - Sales Manager

BC - Cam Clark - sold - LastV8

All told, if this information is correct; this would account for 9 of the R's.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
If that Alberta dealership still has a 2020 R for sale it would be because of an ADM of some sort.

Having grown up and knowing many of these dealerships in the West and with only ~10 R's coming into Canada for the 2020 MY getting an R model for MSRP is very difficult and personally don't see an MSRP deal happening.
Is it really legit they are making only 10 for Canada? But from the looks of it, no customers are buying, just phat GMs.

Since there seems to be a number of Canadians posting in the past few days, I'll share what I have found in my search for 1 of the 2020 Canadian R's, and I'll add what I've read on here:

Province - Dealer - none, sold, available - info from **note

ON - Parkway Ford - none - Sales Manager
ON - Kennedy Ford - none - General Manager
ON - Fraser Ford - sold - Sales Manager
ON - Campbell Ford - sold - Sales Manager
ON - Summit Ford - none - Sales Manager
ON - Cambrian Ford - none - Sales Manager
ON - Markville Ford - available - Sales Manager **they still have a 2019 R with 30k ADM..
ON - Donway Ford - sold - Salesperson **not convinced they even had one based on conversation..

ON - remaining dealers I received no response from
MB - no response
SK - no response
QC - I had received one available response from a dealer in QC, unfortunately I have misplaced that.

AB - Freedom Ford - available - Salesperson **advised they had a 'few' available, not convinced they even have one..
AB - Northstar Ford - sold - Sales Manager
AB - Sherwood Ford - sold - Sales Manager

BC - Cam Clark - sold - LastV8

All told, if this information is correct; this would account for 9 of the R's.
Damn, I have to say... it is kind of nice seeing my "name" on such a prestigious list :) To note, Cam Clark did offer me the car at MSRP (and technically a $250.00 as they are going halfers on the car cover with me, I would not have gotten it otherwise.).

MB and Sask I am pretty sure do not have one. There is only one dealer in MB (Birchwood) and, well, I'll let you draw your own conclusions on the sale staff.

What about East Coast? QC is the furthest on the list.

As said there was another BC dealer I called that had an allocation, but wanted 25 or 30 ADM. OOOOOK.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Is it really legit they are making only 10 for Canada? But from the looks of it, no customers are buying, just phat GMs.

Damn, I have to say... it is kind of nice seeing my "name" on such a prestigious list :) To note, Cam Clark did offer me the car at MSRP (and technically a $250.00 as they are going halfers on the car cover with me, I would not have gotten it otherwise.).

MB and Sask I am pretty sure do not have one. There is only one dealer in MB (Birchwood) and, well, I'll let you draw your own conclusions on the sale staff.

What about East Coast? QC is the furthest on the list.

As said there was another BC dealer I called that had an allocation, but wanted 25 or 30 ADM. OOOOOK.
Not sure if you are complaining about Ford of Canada (Oakville) only getting 10 R model allocations and then go onto say that the Canadian market has no more interest in this car anyways?

If you assumptions are correct that the Canadian market place has no interest in the ongoing R model why would they then build more than 10 cars for the 2020 MY?

Had the FRAP had produced a reasonable more volume than 10 R's for the Canadian market place in 2020 I will suggest that they all would have been sold in short order all subject to final pricing.

History has shown that Canada gets ~10% of the U.S. production volumes when it comes to HP Mustangs and not sure why only 10 cars for the 2020 MY but that is a question for Oakville to answer.

With respect to the sales staff at Birchwood Ford not sure who you have been dealing with but can tell you that this dealership has treated me very well over the last few years just as one of the Ford dealerships in B.C. has also treated me very well over the years.

Not sure who you have been dealing with over the last year or so but I have been able to purchase a 2016, 2017 and 2018 R model from dealerships up in Canada and had a terrific experience with each one of them.

With respect to Cam Clark Ford in Richmond it is a well known fact that their business model over the last many years has always been predicated on MSRP pricing and happy that you were able to hook up with them for your upcoming 2020 R.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you are complaining about Ford of Canada (Oakville) only getting 10 R model allocations and then go onto say that the Canadian market has no more interest in this car anyways?

If you assumptions are correct that the Canadian market place has no interest in the ongoing R model why would they then build more than 10 cars for the 2020 MY?

Had the FRAP had produced a reasonable more volume than 10 R's for the Canadian market place in 2020 I will suggest that they all would have been sold in short order all subject to final pricing.

History has shown that Canada gets ~10% of the U.S. production volumes when it comes to HP Mustangs and not sure why only 10 cars for the 2020 MY but that is a question for Oakville to answer.

With respect to the sales staff at Birchwood Ford not sure who you have been dealing with but can tell you that this dealership has treated me very well over the last few years just as one of the Ford dealerships in B.C. has also treated me very well over the years.

Not sure who you have been dealing with over the last year or so but I have been able to purchase a 2016, 2017 and 2018 R model from dealerships up in Canada and had a terrific experience with each one of them.

With respect to Cam Clark Ford in Richmond it is a well known fact that their business model over the last many years has always been predicated on MSRP pricing and happy that you were able to hook up with them for your upcoming 2020 R.
Yes, I get how that seems a bit conflicting - In some regards there have been a few things along the way that has gotten me disgruntled. Honestly, if there really is only 10 R models for 2020, that would be great and a honor. I do think the demand for the GT350(R)s are down now that a majority of the attention and desire is for the GT500. The 2020 pricing was a hard pill to swallow considering I felt the car was quite costly to begin with previously. Luckily, in a way, since 2019 A/C, a descent stereo have been included standard, so by-passing the Electronics Package (which is a $4000 CAD upgrade vs the $2000 USD price) is for me a no-brainer. I guess in conclusion there it is a bit of love/hate, double-edge sword that there is only 10 Rs presumably this year. I am happy and excited to be acquiring one.

Cam Clark has been great, but not flawless. The original GM I talked to that forwarded me proof of allocation left shortly after. Not the biggest of deals, but it was recently that my salesperson also left (no one told me - I keep a eye on their website). I made a call and gave them time to find and sort through my file. I now have a veteran salesperson handling things and they have been very communicative and great. (though, no VIN# or build date as of yet :/ )

Birchwood, well I left that in the eye-of-the-beholder. I didn't like the high-pressure sales and the lack of (admitted) knowledge of changes to the car from year to year, in particular from 2018 to 2019. Changes to the upcoming 2019 model (being 2018, end of summer at the time) are paramount of why I waited; and I made the right choice indeed (to wait). I won't extrapolate further - no point. You had a good experience, I myself had a bad one... which is why I am OK with buying out of town with a dealer that has an allocation.

Sponsored

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Based on a lead from Harry I bought my 2019 R from Birchwood for MSRP. Very good buying experience.
Hah! So you were the bastard! I tease, but I did figure it was an out of province buyer (their 2x 2018s were purchased by AB buyers).

nefyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP
What about East Coast? QC is the furthest on the list
I was in the process of contacting BC and QC dealers when an allocation came through for me, so I stopped searching. Which is why I've misplaced the QC information. I had been entering contact information and responses into a file.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yes, I get how that seems a bit conflicting - In some regards there have been a few things along the way that has gotten me disgruntled. Honestly, if there really is only 10 R models for 2020, that would be great and a honor. I do think the demand for the GT350(R)s are down now that a majority of the attention and desire is for the GT500. The 2020 pricing was a hard pill to swallow considering I felt the car was quite costly to begin with previously. Luckily, in a way, since 2019 A/C, a descent stereo have been included standard, so by-passing the Electronics Package (which is a $4000 CAD upgrade vs the $2000 USD price) is for me a no-brainer. I guess in conclusion there it is a bit of love/hate, double-edge sword that there is only 10 Rs presumably this year. I am happy and excited to be acquiring one.

Cam Clark has been great, but not flawless. The original GM I talked to that forwarded me proof of allocation left shortly after. Not the biggest of deals, but it was recently that my salesperson also left (no one told me - I keep a eye on their website). I made a call and gave them time to find and sort through my file. I now have a veteran salesperson handling things and they have been very communicative and great. (though, no VIN# or build date as of yet :/ )

Birchwood, well I left that in the eye-of-the-beholder. I didn't like the high-pressure sales and the lack of (admitted) knowledge of changes to the car from year to year, in particular from 2018 to 2019. Changes to the upcoming 2019 model (being 2018, end of summer at the time) are paramount of why I waited; and I made the right choice indeed (to wait). I won't extrapolate further - no point. You had a good experience, I myself had a bad one... which is why I am OK with buying out of town with a dealer that has an allocation.
Agreed that if there will only be 10 R's produced for Canada in 2020 I would certainly consider that being terrific as well and the chances of yours being a unique combination should be pretty good?

Do you know if Canada is being allocated any 2020 R's coming with the HEP option?

Yes, these 2020 R's are expensive and have gone up in cost since I bought my first 2016 R with the MSRP being $82,324 on that car but then again I always purchased Base R's therefore a little less cost than an Electronics Package car and bought that car in B.C. back in 2016.

I purchased my 2017 and 2018 Base R's from Birchwood Ford and had a terrific experience in both cases with the MSRP on the 2017 being $87,203 and the 2018 being $86,838.

Could be wrong but suggest that the 2020 R's will be right around $100K all depending how the car is optioned.

Cam Clark has a good reputation and suggest that you will be good to go with them.

Have you also confirmed your R model order with FP in Dearborn?

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Agreed that if there will only be 10 R's produced for Canada in 2020 I would certainly consider that being terrific as well and the chances of yours being a unique combination should be pretty good?

Do you know if Canada is being allocated any 2020 R's coming with the HEP option?

Yes, these 2020 R's are expensive and have gone up in cost since I bought my first 2016 R with the MSRP being $82,324 on that car but then again I always purchased Base R's therefore a little less cost than an Electronics Package car and bought that car in B.C. back in 2016.

I purchased my 2017 and 2018 Base R's from Birchwood Ford and had a terrific experience in both cases with the MSRP on the 2017 being $87,203 and the 2018 being $86,838.

Could be wrong but suggest that the 2020 R's will be right around $100K all depending how the car is optioned.

Cam Clark has a good reputation and suggest that you will be good to go with them.

Wait - you are from Canada?

Sponsored

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Aye - I can't really complain there, which swayed my purchase to own a rarer car in buying the 350R vs a 500, though there is more reasons than that. I haven't heard of anyone going for the HEP and that was announced not too long after I sent in my deposit w chosen options (Iconic Silver, Blacker OTT Stripes, Blacked Out Roof, CF Dash, and Car Cover... ~97K before taxes, which is 15K up on the 2016! Neither electronics package but then I admit, I still get AC and a stereo).
I have thought to change (or see if I could) go to the HEP - but I figure between that and the Iconic Silver should be just as rare and really, the Silver is just my colour for sures :)

I know in 2018 Birchwood had two allocations, one must have been gone (you?) and the other they ordered a Ruby Red which sat for 2 months... I couldn't (myself) stand the color... it was the only color that did actually turn me off, myself.

Cam Clark, you, other than the speed bump with the sale rep we're back on track (they have had my deposit since end of Nov). Sadly, no word further on build date or VIN#. "Have you also confirmed your R model order with FP in Dearborn?" Ummm, should I? I didn't know that was a "thing". I have a order code, if that is what you are talking about?

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was in the process of contacting BC and QC dealers when an allocation came through for me, so I stopped searching. Which is why I've misplaced the QC information. I had been entering contact information and responses into a file.
Where did you snag from? :) Add to the list bro! :D

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Aye - I can't really complain there, which swayed my purchase to own a rarer car in buying the 350R vs a 500, though there is more reasons than that. I haven't heard of anyone going for the HEP and that was announced not too long after I sent in my deposit w chosen options (Iconic Silver, Blacker OTT Stripes, Blacked Out Roof, CF Dash, and Car Cover... ~97K before taxes, which is 15K up on the 2016! Neither electronics package but then I admit, I still get AC and a stereo).
I have thought to change (or see if I could) go to the HEP - but I figure between that and the Iconic Silver should be just as rare and really, the Silver is just my colour for sures :)

I know in 2018 Birchwood had two allocations, one must have been gone (you?) and the other they ordered a Ruby Red which sat for 2 months... I couldn't (myself) stand the color... it was the only color that did actually turn me off, myself.

Cam Clark, you, other than the speed bump with the sale rep we're back on track (they have had my deposit since end of Nov). Sadly, no word further on build date or VIN#. "Have you also confirmed your R model order with FP in Dearborn?" Ummm, should I? I didn't know that was a "thing". I have a order code, if that is what you are talking about?
Call FP with your Order # and Dealer Code # after which time they should be able to confirm and locate your order and provide you with the present status of your car.

nefyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP
Where did you snag from? :) Add to the list bro! :D
Sorry, my intent wasn't to post who ordered from where, but to detail where the information was acquired so that one could decide for themselves if they thought it was valid information. Hence, LastV8 reported that Cam Clark had sold their allocation ;)

I would accept that most of the Sales Manager responses that I received are correct. I had two managers advise they had one, only to pass me off to salesperson and attempt to sell a 2019 instead. They are listed as none.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Fortunately I have a confirmed order with a scheduled build date for the week of March 30th with my VIN ending in "551210".

With respect to the 2020 Canadian R model allocations it is still my understanding that there will only be 10 cars produced for this last model year and that no additional R model allocations will be given out because of the HEP option launch earlier this year.

Having said that I do not know if any one of the 10 R model lottery allocations which was drawn for the for ~42 SVT dealerships in Canada could now be changed over to the HEP option?

It is still my understanding that the 2020MY will be the last year for the GT350/R but have been wrong before when it comes to some of these issues.

Lastly, I came across a 2020 GT350 allocation that has been ordered with the HEP and is located in Eastern Canada and can be bought for MSRP for anyone interested.
Sponsored