Sponsored

2020 GT350R & GT500 CFTP Cars Available In Western Canada

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Earlier today I had a call from a Ford dealership in Western Canada that I know quite well and have a very good relationship with after which time they said that they have allocations for a 2020 GT350R and a 2020 GT500 CFTP optioned car.

Both cars will be scheduled for production in the Spring of 2020 and can be custom ordered to your liking.

Don't want go get into the pricing for either these cars therefore will leave that up to the interested purchasing parties and the dealership but will suggest that reasonable ADM's will come into play for both of these rare Shelby's.

Anyone interested can PM me with their contact information after which time I will respond back as soon as I can.

:)
Sponsored

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Earlier today I had a call from a Ford dealership in Western Canada that I know quite well and have a very good relationship with after which time they said that they have allocations for a 2020 GT350R and a 2020 GT500 CFTP optioned car.

Both cars will be scheduled for production in the Spring of 2020 and can be custom ordered to your liking.

Don't want go get into the pricing for either these cars therefore will leave that up to the interested purchasing parties and the dealership but will suggest that reasonable ADM's will come into play for both of these rare Shelby's.

Anyone interested can PM me with their contact information after which time I will respond back as soon as I can.

:)
After some further discussions with various individuals up in the Great White North it is my understanding that only 10 GT350R Models will be built for the entire Canadian market for the 2020 MY with all 10 of these cars already having been allocated on a lottery system.

Depending on who you talk to in Canada Ford has between 30 and 40 SVT/FP dealerships therefore only 1 in 3 or 4 dealerships will get an R Model this year.

In addition I have been able to determine that the dealership in question for their 2020 R Model will have an ADM of $5000 which in my humble opinion is quite reason based on the very limited number of R's being built for this MY along with my understanding that this is the last year for the GT350/R's as we presently know them.

For those of you in the U.S. who already have secured a 2020 R Model down here congratulations on securing what I believe will be a very rare model for the U.S. as well!!

:wink:

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, 5K ADM is stupid (considering they are charging 7K more for the car from Ford... )... but, eh, I'll call them if you got a lead. PM deets plz.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
@PP0001 do you have any leads for either car?
I can reach out to a couple of contacts that I have when they open up tomorrow but with it being this late in the game it may be a challenge to say the least.

What part of Canada are you domiciled in?

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I can reach out to a couple of contacts that I have when they open up tomorrow but with it being this late in the game it may be a challenge to say the least.

What part of Canada are you domiciled in?
Toronto. I am more interested in the R so I can order one in Twister Orange :) It doesn't matter where the dealer is located for me. I am open to a CFTP if the ADM isn't unreasonable. The MSRP for it is already high enough./

Last edited:
OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Toronto. I am more interested in the R so I can order one in Twister Orange :) It doesn't matter where the dealer is located for me. I am open to a CFTP if the ADM isn't unreasonable. The MSRP for it is already high enough./
Understood but the contacts that I have are all in Western Canada and suggest that they may be closed tomorrow due to Family Day but will do my best once they open up.

Just to be clear are you interested in an R model or a GT500 with the CFTP option?

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cam Clark Ford in BC has a GT500 allocation last I chatted with them. I grabbed their R allocation and is on order. There was another BC dealer that had an R allocation but the CUCKS wanted 20 or 30K over? One Dealer wanted 5K over. Sask and MB don't have R allocations. I didn't make calls further West.

The one dealer (and this is going back to Nov '19 mind you) in Sask had GT500 allocations left.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Understood but the contacts that I have are all in Western Canada and suggest that they may be closed tomorrow due to Family Day but will do my best once they open up.

Just to be clear are you interested in an R model or a GT500 with the CFTP option?
I am interested in both the R and GT500 CFTP

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Cam Clark Ford in BC has a GT500 allocation last I chatted with them. I grabbed their R allocation and is on order. There was another BC dealer that had an R allocation but the CUCKS wanted 20 or 30K over? One Dealer wanted 5K over. Sask and MB don't have R allocations. I didn't make calls further West.

The one dealer (and this is going back to Nov '19 mind you) in Sask had GT500 allocations left.
Do you remember which dealer was 5k over msrp? I am sure they would take msrp if they haven't sold that allocation yet. These cars are expensive enough, anymore, and I might as well buy a Viper.

Sponsored

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you remember which dealer was 5k over msrp? I am sure they would take msrp if they haven't sold that allocation yet. These cars are expensive enough, anymore, and I might as well buy a Viper.
I can't now. It wasn't Sherwood, they had sold their. I'll see if I still have the email. Yeah, that is EXACTLY what I thought as well, Ford INCREASED the price of the car 6550 CAD from 2019 to 2020, get FUCKED on ADM. TBH, the whole thing is a turn off. I would have foregone buying a GT350R altogether if I wasn't sucked into the Iconic Silver. One YouTuber put it best, I have never in my life (before) had to kiss ass to buy a 6 figure car...

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I can't now. It wasn't Sherwood, they had sold their. I'll see if I still have the email. Yeah, that is EXACTLY what I thought as well, Ford INCREASED the price of the car 6550 CAD from 2019 to 2020, get FUCKED on ADM. TBH, the whole thing is a turn off. I would have foregone buying a GT350R altogether if I wasn't sucked into the Iconic Silver. One YouTuber put it best, I have never in my life (before) had to kiss ass to buy a 6 figure car...
Yeah haha. Agreed. These cars are really expensive in Canada. There was a dealer here selling a 2019R for MSRP, so there is no way I would ever pay any sort of ADM for a GT305R. There is a dealer in Toronto that has a brand new 2017 at 10,000s off MSRP. I wouldn't buy that.

If I can't find what I want, I intend on picking up a 2014 Viper TA. I already own a 6th gen Mustang so I don't really need two and my GT will probably out handle and out break the R. I just love the engine in the R.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah haha. Agreed. These cars are really expensive in Canada. There was a dealer here selling a 2019R for MSRP, so there is no way I would ever pay any sort of ADM for a GT305R. There is a dealer in Toronto that has a brand new 2017 at 10,000s off MSRP. I wouldn't buy that.

If I can't find what I want, I intend on picking up a 2014 Viper TA. I already own a 6th gen Mustang so I don't really need two and my GT will probably out handle and out break the R. I just love the engine in the R.
I assume you are in Canada? Last summer there was a 2019 GT350R that arrived in Calgary... 2700 off MSRP. I debated on it (color - Velocity Blue was good, but the options weren't what I would have picked... and spending this kind of money I want what I damn well want!). Anyways, that was literally gone/sold in 24 hours... sooo snooze ya'loose.

2020 is rummoured to be a pretty tight year for production numbers to Canada, dirty rumour is only 10 - but I don't think the demand is there for it anyways! THIS IS a stupid expensive car. A wonderful one, but stupid expensive. Compared to the ZL1 1LE which I can buy with a 5K discount AND get a 5 year loan at .99%!!!? VS the 2020 350R I am buying that is a swing of some serious money. That is 90K over 5 years or 110K UPFRONT. So... I am fan boying over the car I have grown to love but I tellz ya, this car better treat me well! (Also to note, the exchange rate is better when you crunch numbers on the Chevy cars vs the Ford...). I 'll add that I would not hate on anyone for going ZL1 1LE and it'd be the car I'd choose for price vs performance in a 1LE vs 350R vs GT500 (CFTP) decision.

Alas, I can't seem to find the Alberta Dealer I talked to... I know it wasn't Sherwood as they said their Allocation was gone and there was no chance of obtaining another. Must of deleted the emails and such when I secured mine w the BC dealer...

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I assume you are in Canada? Last summer there was a 2019 GT350R that arrived in Calgary... 2700 off MSRP. I debated on it (color - Velocity Blue was good, but the options weren't what I would have picked... and spending this kind of money I want what I damn well want!). Anyways, that was literally gone/sold in 24 hours... sooo snooze ya'loose.

2020 is rummoured to be a pretty tight year for production numbers to Canada, dirty rumour is only 10 - but I don't think the demand is there for it anyways! THIS IS a stupid expensive car. A wonderful one, but stupid expensive. Compared to the ZL1 1LE which I can buy with a 5K discount AND get a 5 year loan at .99%!!!? VS the 2020 350R I am buying that is a swing of some serious money. That is 90K over 5 years or 110K UPFRONT. So... I am fan boying over the car I have grown to love but I tellz ya, this car better treat me well! (Also to note, the exchange rate is better when you crunch numbers on the Chevy cars vs the Ford...). I 'll add that I would not hate on anyone for going ZL1 1LE and it'd be the car I'd choose for price vs performance in a 1LE vs 350R vs GT500 (CFTP) decision.

Alas, I can't seem to find the Alberta Dealer I talked to... I know it wasn't Sherwood as they said their Allocation was gone and there was no chance of obtaining another. Must of deleted the emails and such when I secured mine w the BC dealer...
Yup, I live in Toronto and if I get one it would be a DD that is tracked. I saw Sherwood had two GT350Rs. There is a 2019 in gray at MSRP at Parkway Ford in Ontario but, like you, if it is not the exact colour I want, forget it!

I thought of the ZL1 1LE too but for not too much more over a GT350R price, I can get a TA and have a completely different driving experience with a bodystyle I always loved.

You will love the GT350R and silver will look sharp on it!. If I get a R, it would have to be twister orange. If they would have offered the R in comp orange in 16, I would have bought one and traded in my GT.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I live in Toronto and if I get one it would be a DD that is tracked. I saw Sherwood had two GT350Rs. There is a 2019 in gray at MSRP at Parkway Ford in Ontario but, like you, if it is not the exact colour I want, forget it!

I thought of the ZL1 1LE too but for not too much more over a GT350R price, I can get a TA and have a completely different driving experience with a bodystyle I always loved.

You will love the GT350R and silver will look sharp on it!. If I get a R, it would have to be twister orange. If they would have offered the R in comp orange in 16, I would have bought one and traded in my GT.
Ditto :) DD n TRACKING aswell :) The ones you saw at Sherwood, were they 2020s? And, I agree with with you ALL the way on getting the colour + options you *want*. Like, 6 figures (after tax, for us Canucks) so this WILL be likely the most expensive purchase I ever make in my life, unelss I do scratch up for a 1967 GT500 (my fav car) OR I actually trade up to a GT3 RS, but then, NO manual.

Silver I think is going to be Awesome! Twister Orange I actually considered, VERY Boss 302 colours, which swayed my choice there. Avalanche Grey has my heart, Velocity Blue is amazing and Ford Performance Blue w White Stripes is ALSO a gorgeous beast! I guess, it is hard to go wrong.

I Like the ZL1 1LE, and honestly I probably would have maybe gone that way IF matte black or their Silver was till an options (literally dropped when I went to enquire as colour options). I'd go black, and it looks mean... I just couldn't or wouldn't want to be called "batman" lol. It is a great car though, again no hate. BUT, when I thought and thought and thought about - purchasing ONE or the other... and "seeing" myself in the 1LE I just summarized that I think the GT350R is a much more special car and I'd be happier with it (albeit going a tad slower... eh FI is a different or should be class anyways)... :)
Sponsored