2020 GT350R Front Splitter Part Number

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Can anyone confirm if the following Ford part numbers are correct for the front splitter on a 2020 GT350R, along with the attaching hardware?

Front Splitter Package: FR3Z-17D957-AC (Version Pack 51)
Screws: W710604S439 4.2 x 13mm (Quantity needed: 6)
Bolt: W708464S450B M6 x 15 mm (Quantity needed: 2)
Spoiler Clip Valence Rivet: W705297S417 (Quantity needed: 2)

I visited my dealer earlier today and there appears to be some confusion on what part numbers are actually correct for my car.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It should be the same as the 15-19 to include the 20. Get your wallet out....

Parts.ford.com

OP
OP
LR170Shelby350R

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Sur3n - that is really helpful information. My next question at some point was how to actually install it.

I believe the splitter part number changed for the 2019-2020 model years, at least that's what I've been told. I noticed your document is dated 2016, so it probably shows the 2016-2018 number.

This is one of the reasons I started this thread because I can't seem to verify this information.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Can anyone confirm if the following Ford part numbers are correct for the front splitter on a 2020 GT350R, along with the attaching hardware?

Front Splitter Package: FR3Z-17D957-AC (Version Pack 51)
Screws: W710604S439 4.2 x 13mm (Quantity needed: 6)
Bolt: W708464S450B M6 x 15 mm (Quantity needed: 2)
Spoiler Clip Valence Rivet: W705297S417 (Quantity needed: 2)

I visited my dealer earlier today and there appears to be some confusion on what part numbers are actually correct for my car.
Your dealer parts dept has access to a Ford data system that shows the actual "as-built" part numbers for all of the parts on the car when it left the factory. They should be able to clarify this fairly easily - the tricky bit is getting them inspired to do it. The normal replacement parts system often has errors in part numbers when there's been a running change over time.

Think of this special system, whose name I can't remember, as a double-blinded randomized controlled data set that actually has the evidence you need :wink:

Sponsored

OP
OP
LR170Shelby350R

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Your dealer parts dept has access to a Ford data system that shows the actual "as-built" part numbers for all of the parts on the car when it left the factory. They should be able to clarify this fairly easily - the tricky bit is getting them inspired to do it. The normal replacement parts system often has errors in part numbers when there's been a running change over time.

Think of this special system, whose name I can't remember, as a double-blinded randomized controlled data set that actually has the evidence you need :wink:
Thanks for the info. Now back to the dealer to get them to look up the information. Here's hoping...

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I'm curious, are you asking because you need a replacement, or because you're doing the install on a new car yourself? Asking because I have a new R myself that I need to put the splitter on. I could find out from my dealer because they had to order a replacement for me before delivery

OP
OP
LR170Shelby350R

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
I'm curious, are you asking because you need a replacement, or because you're doing the install on a new car yourself? Asking because I have a new R myself that I need to put the splitter on. I could find out from my dealer because they had to order a replacement for me before delivery
I'm needing to order a replacement for my R, including the attaching hardware. I also need to install it and I think (hoping) the instructions Sur3n shared has all the information I need. It is definitely detailed, but I've never installed one before.

If you could ask your dealer for the numbers, that would be a tremendous help. I'm really surprised how much confusion there is on this part, at least from the dealers I've spoken to.

Sur3n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Suren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This should help as well.

Sponsored

Sur3n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Suren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Probably nothing. That video was made before 2018s were even being made.

GT350HE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reggie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Bump.

Can anyone confirm the part number I identified for the front splitter kit for 2018+ model years?
20200615_185420-jpg.jpg

This should be it. Someone else had purchased this, I think there are 2 different part numbers and that number changed in 2018 or 2019, but believe they are the same piece. I have not installed this yet as I do not have my car yet, but the research I have done this should be it.

OP
OP
LR170Shelby350R

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
20200615_185420-jpg.jpg

This should be it. Someone else had purchased this, I think there are 2 different part numbers and that number changed in 2018 or 2019, but believe they are the same piece. I have not installed this yet as I do not have my car yet, but the research I have done this should be it.
Thank you very much! I'll relay that information to my dealer.

I also believe the number changed for the 2019 MY, and like you, I don't know what the difference is.

There is a "Front Splitter Package" part number, and the package would contain the splitter along with the attaching hardware. Maybe Ford changed something related to the attaching hardware, but the plastic splitter itself is unchanged? Not sure.

Which brings me to another thought - I wonder if the part number on the actual part in your picture is not the package number, meaning you can't just order the plastic piece by itself. So If I provide that number to the dealer, they may not be able to order or even identify it.

What do you think?

GT350HE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reggie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Thank you very much! I'll relay that information to my dealer.

I also believe the number changed for the 2019 MY, and like you, I don't know what the difference is.

There is a "Front Splitter Package" part number, and the package would contain the splitter along with the attaching hardware. Maybe Ford changed something related to the attaching hardware, but the plastic splitter itself is unchanged? Not sure.

Which brings me to another thought - I wonder if the part number on the actual part in your picture is not the package number, meaning you can't just order the plastic piece by itself. So If I provide that number to the dealer, they may not be able to order or even identify it.

What do you think?
Yea not sure if that part number includes hardware package or not. I do have the hardware, just not sure where or how the previous person ordered this, sorry bought it off a different forum so can't get you much more info.
Sponsored