2020 GT350R Carbon Fiber wing paint defect

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Attaching a picture for view and you may have to zoom in on it to see it. My detailer made me aware of this paint defect when detailing the car. The picture isn’t great but the edge of the spoiler is much worse than this. I bought the car brand new from out of state. I spoke to the dealership this morning and they said this should be covered under warranty. My local dealership isn’t great to deal with but wanted to see if anyone has been through something like this before and what to expect or advice. Thanks!

58761886-A3E2-4DF2-9A78-EDC3CF9414AC.jpeg
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I had warranty work done on one of the cars, not a big deal, they prep then paint, then clear. Just make sure they paint with absolute black/shadow black. Paint code is G1

OP
OP
MadMax

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I had warranty work done on one of the cars, not a big deal, they prep then paint, then clear. Just make sure they paint with absolute black/shadow black. Paint code is G1
Thanks I’m waiting for weather to get better before taking it to them.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks I’m waiting for weather to get better before taking it to them.
When they remove the wing, inspect the holes in the decklid. If its anything like the 500, they don't repaint or use anything for anti corrosion. Exposed steel holes..... Have them treat the steel before reassembly.

Cobraking00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra
The R rear wing is notorious for having bad paint quality. Part of the problem is the carbon material the wing is made from. It’s not the traditional weave pattern that we all crave, it’s the carbon composite that is used on the radiator support. I had my R wing completely paint corrected. Color sanded and all.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The R rear wing is notorious for having bad paint quality. Part of the problem is the carbon material the wing is made from. It’s not the traditional weave pattern that we all crave, it’s the carbon composite that is used on the radiator support. I had my R wing completely paint corrected. Color sanded and all.
I don't think that is correct. OP - the paint in the surrounding area looks funky too.

OP
OP
MadMax

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I don't think that is correct. OP - the paint in the surrounding area looks funky too.
It’s really hard to see in the picture but basically the edge of it looks horrible. Yes I agree with what your saying as well there is another spot in the middle of the spoiler that has like a spec of paint missing. Just can’t understand how this stuff is missed from quality control which we all know is lacking.
Sponsored