Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I’m going to need clarification on this. Part of the selling point for the 350 had always been that it has a warranty for track use. If they changed their tune for the last year just because they could - it’s going to be the very last slimy thing that Ford will hit me with. I’ve stuck with it through some interesting times, quality issues and such. I hope this isn’t the case because I’ll flip this car right now and go Porsche, where they give a damn.
Yep, order placed here on 2022 c8 z06. Still may decide on gt3rs instead. The only reason I got my R new was bc I wanted a new car with new warranty for track use. Take that away and they lost a customer.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yep, order placed here on 2022 c8 z06. Still may decide on gt3rs instead. The only reason I got my R new was bc I wanted a new car with new warranty for track use. Take that away and they lost a customer.
It’s hard to say how Ford would handle a failed engine because of a track day. More than likely it would come down to the dealer, for every dealer that doesn’t care and just warranties it without issue. You have 3 that won’t touch it if it has a catback on it. As I’ve said above i think dodge is way worse for the world than Ford will ever be. But honestly i would find a local dealer that you could trust and go like the wind. A lot of the issue I’ve seen are when guys buy a dealer out of state and the local dealer gets salty about it. Then doesn’t want to work in there stuff, I’ve seen it first hand with my buddy, local dealer refused to fix his splitter after it was installed incorrectly. He had to take it back to him home dealer over the state line. It was a huge mess with Ford getting involved and making art hill pay for the bill

ya know a lot of this crap wouldn’t happen if Ford got on dealer for selling over list

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Just curious, did you mean you put a deposit down at a dealership (holding a spot for you) or did you actually place your order? I’m asking because I’m interested in the C8 Z also, but I wasn’t aware they were actually available for order at this time.

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Just curious, did you mean you put a deposit down at a dealership (holding a spot for you) or did you actually place your order? I’m asking because I’m interested in the C8 Z also, but I wasn’t aware they were actually available for order at this time.
he put a deposit down lol they’re not taking orders on a car that isn’t even unveiled yet. And if he did he’s getting scammed because they might just take that money and run. It’s happened many of times before when they don’t get an allocation

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Chevy dealers are famous for taking “orders aka deposits on allocations” it’s not a bad thing but you do see maybe 1/10 guys getting screwed over when the times comes for allocations to be made

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Just to hold a spot, details and order banks are not open yet on the c8 z06. I’m number 8 now but have a connection that can help get me to the top when the order is placed.

Chevy will honor warranties for track use, they get my business for track cars.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im just curious, have you heard of a single instance where a 2020 350 or any gt500 has been denied a warranty claim due to a HPDE day?

Also, what kind of response are you hoping to get from FP?
If you read later in my thread here, you will see my Ford friends and family rep threatened me about not coving my transmission due to my use on track.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...r-clutch-in-pieces.148866/page-8#post-3095871

There is no hiding it, I’ve done 5 front tire changes there last year, so it’s not like I go in there talking about this, they see the car history.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2016 so I don't have a dog in this hunt, but it occurs to me that we should keep in mind that warranties are there to fix manufacturing defects in the parts that were on the car when it was made. While you can argue that a manufacturing defect that reveals itself on a highway isn't different than one that reveals itself on a race track, the manufacturer is within their rights to draw a line and exclude certain situations. It sounds like that's what Ford has done.
Ford then should not advertise the Gt350 or gt500 as a track capable car, since they are saying when it breaks they won’t cover it with the warranty. Deceptive trade practice.

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
If you read later in my thread here, you will see my Ford friends and family rep threatened me about not coving my transmission due to my use on track.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...r-clutch-in-pieces.148866/page-8#post-3095871

There is no hiding it, I’ve done 5 front tire changes there last year, so it’s not like I go in there talking about this, they see the car history.
I hear what your you’re saying. I just haven’t heard of a single person being denied a warranty claim thus far, personally or through the forums.

As for Chevy.... I know 3 personally with C7 Z’s that were denied warranty claims due to the overheating issue. Ford could be accused of the same thing with early 350s overheating without the optional coolers. At the end of the day I’m not sure one manufacturer is better than another.

So far, I’ve been treated fairly by Chevy and Ford dealers as it relates to track related warranty issues.

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
I know this is an old thread but... what a disappointing conclusion. Everyone got worked up about warranty language, some people said "the written word is all that matters," and then one smooth-talking marketing manager from Ford promised the written word didn't matter in an unrecorded phone call, and suddenly it's all a non-issue?

The written warranty is all that matters.
The lawyers and policy-makers wrote what they wrote intentionally.
There are 89K Ford employees and 170K Ford dealership employees. They don't know what some guy named Jim said was his intent. They will use the written language to justify the decisions they want to make. Ford dealership service managers, Ford corporate regional managers and others up the chain are not clued into the internal thoughts and intentions of senior policy-makers.

It would be nice to see a written clarification from Ford on this issue. Without that, the language is the language.

Last edited:

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice to see a written clarification from Ford on this issue. Without that, the language is the language.
There is no exclusion on the warrantee for "track use".

The bigger issue is wrecking the car which is not covered in an insurance policy. If you can afford wrecking the car, what is your big deal on a warrantee issue?

I've raced my car with no issues: I kept the car on the pavement:
wkNG3wm.png

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
There is no exclusion on the warrantee for "track use".

The bigger issue is wrecking the car which is not covered in an insurance policy. If you can afford wrecking the car, what is your big deal on a warrantee issue?

I've raced my car with no issues: I kept the car on the pavement:
wkNG3wm.png
- For 2020’s there is an exclusion.

- That’s why god made track Insurance!

- If you don’t occasionally go agro, you’re not trying hard enough :)
Sponsored