Sponsored

2020 GT350/R Backup Camera Recall

rdrarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord Coupe V6, 2020 GT350R
I have a 2020 GT350R and my backup camera has a recall. Has anyone with a 2020 GT350/R gotten this recall fixed yet by the dealer, and how much work is involved with this recall? Do they have to remove the rear bumper or anything of that nature? My camera has not had any issues whatsoever and would prefer not to take it to the dealer if it involves that much work simply because I’d hate for them not to put things back together appropriately. Thanks!
Sponsored

GAGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1983 S10 Sport Pickup
I have a 2020 GT350R and my backup camera has a recall. Has anyone with a 2020 GT350/R gotten this recall fixed yet by the dealer, and how much work is involved with this recall? Do they have to remove the rear bumper or anything of that nature? My camera has not had any issues whatsoever and would prefer not to take it to the dealer if it involves that much work simply because I’d hate for them not to put things back together appropriately. Thanks!
Only have to remove the decklid panel. The reason I know is I changed my panel and had to move the camera. They might break the panel and have to replace it because the clips are pretty tight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rdrarmy

rdrarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord Coupe V6, 2020 GT350R
@Schwerin, the recall is for 2020 Ford’s to include our GT350/R’s Backup cameras.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Before I leave my car at a dealer for stupid webcam, I'll likely pay for it and install myself.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The point of a recall is to fix it BEFORE it brakes.
My F150 has a few TSB's that aren't to be initiated unless there's a problem.

@Schwerin, the recall is for 2020 Ford’s to include our GT350/R’s Backup cameras.
So was the camera in 2020 models different from previous years?

Sponsored

Jeffsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2008
I got the same recall notice. Apparently the image from the camera may be blank or distorted. Really don’t want to bring it back based on prior experiences with other recalls. They scratched up the front console pretty good in my 08 gt for the passenger airbag recall. Think I’ll sit this one out until it fails.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The OP is referring to a Recall that was issued last year. The initial reporting of it began Sept 2020, official Recall begin date was November 17, 2020 with a remedy available starting February 1, 2021.

I have attached all associated docs for this recall if anyone needs the docs.

It was not a SSM or TSB, it was a definitive Recall (NHTSA # 20V575000 / Ford Recall #20C19).

Attachments

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP - back up cam is located in the rear decklid panel (ABS center black panel between tail lights). The Service Center Tech will remove only that panel, unplug cam from harness, remove cam from back of panel and replace if necessary. They will also have to reprogram the cam per IDS instructions.

It's not a big deal. if you're concerned:
Take pics of the rear of your car and that panel before dropping it off so IF there are any issues with the panel being damaged during repair, you have pics to prove it's condition before repair.

Last edited:

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Mine worked fine but under the recall they replaced the camera. Had my car back in 2 hours
Sponsored