1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Iconic Silver (no stripes)
Painted Black Roof
Technology Package
Leather Seats
Carbon Fiber Dash
Car cover
Chassis Number L0696

My love for Mustangs and a Shelby in particular started over 25 years ago when my father and I purchased a 1968 Mustang coupe. It was a good solid car but needed restored. We worked together on it for over a year doing a complete disassembly and restoration (except for rebuilding the motor). During that time I fell in love with the 65/66 Shelby GT350….i just dreamed that my 68 coupe was a Shelby fastback. Over the years I’ve stayed focused on that dream. When the GT350 came back a few years ago with the focus on what I feel like was the original focus of a drivers car that handles like it should and enough power to enjoy the drive but not so much that it isn’t drivable ---I knew I needed to make my dream a reality. The DNA from those 1st generation models that Ford has incorporated is just awesome…some are subtle and some are not. When you see a 1st generation next to a new one it is pretty amazing. I’m a details matter type guy and Ford Performance has paid full attention to the details.

I’ve had this car over a month now – the experience is unbelievable. The fast revving 5.2, the roar of the exhaust, and then the even louder deeper roar and pops when you open the exhaust valves, the 6-speed manual that just begs you to shift harder and at higher RPMs, and on and on……

If you are on the fence about getting one of these machines……do it! They are amazing. If you have one, you understand what I’m trying to say! I can’t drive it without smiling ear to ear and I grin just talking about driving it.

Sponsored

Last edited:

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
We can’t see the pics, you have them locked.

OP
OP
68Stang

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Still not showing.
hmmmm...can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. I checked the posting on another computer where i am not logged in and the photos show up.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Great pics!

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Thats a nice silver. All I see in the DC region are black and white ones.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Thanks for sharing your story and pictures, you have a really nice specd car.
I feel the same way about mine. I have had it since November and I think I love the car even more than the day I first got it.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I am not a fan of silver at all, in fact I think it's one of the most bland colors. I also like black very much. However on the GT350, the black just hides all the beautiful body lines.

However seeing the GT350 in silver: Holy shit. It looks absolutely phenomenal! I think the GT350 needs stripes for a lot of the colors, but not silver. It looks perfect the way it is with the black wheels and trim/spoilers. Great color!!

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Love it in Iconic, although I'm partial. Mine is the 4th silver car I've owned. The earlier ones were just because it was so much easier to keep looking clean than dark color cars. Ford's Iconic (and Ingot) silver is so deep (like Ruby and Kona) that it really accentuates the curves and body lines. I also sought out a no-stripe car because in my opinion the GT350 looks distinctive enough that it doesn't need the stripes to look racy. In many colors the stripes look fantastic, such as red/white or blue/white or magnetic/black.

Congrats on your car. Take it to a track day and you'll discover it's an all-together different car, and even better.
Sponsored