Sponsored

2020 GT350 GT350R VIN Spreadsheet Thread

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
100% agree if they would have followed with the blue interior badging and stitching throughout - it would have made it so much better. You know why they didn't do it though. They took the stock seats from the 18's and threw that in the HEP with the 19's getting the red lining. This way they didn't have to manufacture anything new. Bit lazy if you ask me but I guess for ~280 HEP cars it wasn't worth the custom work and probably would have cost way more to produce. I still would have paid more to get it.

I thought about going to bemaro to get some blue interior overlays but to me it's all or none. Either you are going to re-do everything in the interior from red to blue or just leave it as is. (My opinion)
Appreciate your comments but suggest that the Blue stitching was not so much a situtation of being lazy as it was not being able to get the manufacturer to complete Blue stitching in time for the launch of the first 2020 HEP cars in February/March 2020 plus some other factors that came into play.

Keep in mind that the 2020 GT350 HEP launch never got final approval from Dearborn until late in 2019 and was not launched until December 2019 therefore there was really not a lot of time left in order to get the Recaro seats converted to Blue Stitching and as you mentioned the decision was then made to go with the 2018 R model seats which were just plain black.

Also, keep in mind that the 2020 HEP Package was predictated on Bill Ford having the very last 2020 R HEP model and was also subject to him having the only 2020 HEP R with painted Guardsman Blue Ott stripes, Blue seat inserts along with Blue stitching, painted Blue brake calipers and the very last 2020 HEP R chassis number.

Like you I would have paid more for not only the Guardsman Blue OTT painted stripes and also for the Blue seat inserts/stitching and the Blue painted brake califpers but there is much more to this issue than meets the eye which includes Bill Ford being guaranteed a 1 of 1 car and also the very last 2020 R model which he got with his cool 1 of 1 car sitting right beside the very first 2015 R model namely "F0001".

:like::like:
Sponsored

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Appreciate your comments but suggest that the Blue stitching was not so much a situtation of being lazy as it was not being able to get the manufacturer to complete Blue stitching in time for the launch of the first 2020 HEP cars in February/March 2020 plus some other factors that came into play.

Keep in mind that the 2020 GT350 HEP launch never got final approval from Dearborn until late in 2019 and was not launched until December 2019 therefore there was really not a lot of time left in order to get the Recaro seats converted to Blue Stitching and as you mentioned the decision was then made to go with the 2018 R model seats which were just plain black.

Also, keep in mind that the 2020 HEP Package was predictated on Bill Ford having the very last 2020 R HEP model and was also subject to him having the only 2020 HEP R with painted Guardsman Blue Ott stripes, Blue seat inserts along with Blue stitching, painted Blue brake calipers and the very last 2020 HEP R chassis number.

Like you I would have paid more for not only the Guardsman Blue OTT painted stripes and also for the Blue seat inserts/stitching and the Blue painted brake califpers but there is much more to this issue than meets the eye which includes Bill Ford being guaranteed a 1 of 1 car and also the very last 2020 R model which he got with his cool 1 of 1 car sitting right beside the very first 2015 R model namely "F0001".

:like::like:
Great Info. Thanks.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What outstanding automobiles that we are very fortunate to own along with a great deal of cool history and pedigree!

To think that Ford has ceased production of these terrific Pony Cars after 6 MY's is sad and unfortunate but then again all good things must come to an end at some point.

Hope that you are enjoying LR135 and suggest that you can't wait for Spring to come after which time hopefully all of our fellow Shelby/Mustang enthusiasts can get back to some sort of normal automotive activity. :like::like:

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
100% agree if they would have followed with the blue interior badging and stitching throughout - it would have made it so much better. You know why they didn't do it though. They took the stock seats from the 18's and threw that in the HEP with the 19's getting the red lining. This way they didn't have to manufacture anything new. Bit lazy if you ask me but I guess for ~280 HEP cars it wasn't worth the custom work and probably would have cost way more to produce. I still would have paid more to get it.

I thought about going to bemaro to get some blue interior overlays but to me it's all or none. Either you are going to re-do everything in the interior from red to blue or just leave it as is. (My opinion)

Updated the HEP PKG Thread with pics of my guardsmen blue brakes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
In case anyone cares, it looks like I was wrong about us having every HEP car on the spreadsheet. I shouldn't have made that assumption. HEP car L0534 has shown up, meaning our 528 total is an underestimate.

We won't know the true numbers until we get them from Ford

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
In case anyone cares, it looks like I was wrong about us having every HEP car on the spreadsheet. I shouldn't have made that assumption. HEP car L0534 has shown up, meaning our 528 total is an underestimate.

Well you still did pretty good considering :thumbsup: :beer:

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0

The fewer the better, but would be interesting if they tried to get to 562 to match the # of GT350s they produced in the first 1965 run.

nschramm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
It looks like the spreadsheet does an excellent job of capturing the production for the USA. Details on Canadian vehicles are hit an miss. I bought VIN 1105 and chassis LR159 from Cam Clark Ford in Airdrie, AB. There were only 10 R models allocated for production in 2020 to Canada, I know this with certainty. I believe there were about 35ish GT350's allocated to Canada.

IMG_8305.JPG

IMG_8398.JPG

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It looks like the spreadsheet does an excellent job of capturing the production for the USA. Details on Canadian vehicles are hit an miss. I bought VIN 1105 and chassis LR159 from Cam Clark Ford in Airdrie, AB. There were only 10 R models allocated for production in 2020 to Canada, I know this with certainty. I believe there were about 35ish GT350's allocated to Canada.

IMG_8305.JPG

IMG_8398.JPG
Congratulations on securing 1 of the 10 lottery GT350R models for Canada for the 2020 MY!!

As you may or may not know your car is 1 of 6 R models (Red Chassis Plate Badge) allocated to Canada on a lottery system for the 2020 MY that Oakville established early on.

The other 4 R models of course allocated by Oakville were all Blue Chassis Plate R's with Alberta getting 2 of those HEP R's and Ontario and Saskatchewan each getting the other 2 HEP R's.

It will be a while before we get the confirmed R model production numbers for the 2020 MY but suggest that there will be a total of ~710 cars but that is just a guess on my part at this time.

Great job of securing one of these very elusive 2020 R models up in the Great White North!! :like: :like:

nschramm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Congratulations on securing 1 of the 10 lottery GT350R models for Canada for the 2020 MY!!

As you may or may not know your car is 1 of 6 R models (Red Chassis Plate Badge) allocated to Canada on a lottery system for the 2020 MY that Oakville established early on.

The other 4 R models of course allocated by Oakville were all Blue Chassis Plate R's with Alberta getting 2 of those HEP R's and Ontario and Saskatchewan each getting the other 2 HEP R's.

It will be a while before we get the confirmed R model production numbers for the 2020 MY but suggest that there will be a total of ~710 cars but that is just a guess on my part at this time.

Great job of securing one of these very elusive 2020 R models up in the Great White North!! :like: :like:
Thanks, I am a very lucky guy for sure. It was a big effort to figure out which of the SVT dealers had won an R allocation so that I could order my car. I ended up building my own spreadsheet of which western Canadian dealers won allocations.

I considered changing my order to one of the HEP cars. I heard rumours about the package before Ford announced them publicly. But I just loved the velocity blue colour. I'm very surprised how few velocity blue cars were built in the end. I'm also surpised how many HEP cars were built, I had expected it to be much more limited. For those reasons, I'm glad I didn't switch to the HEP car.

My R keeps my 2014 Boss 302S company through the cold winters. Also lucky enough to get one of the 50 302S race cars built.

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Thanks, I am a very lucky guy for sure. It was a big effort to figure out which of the SVT dealers had won an R allocation so that I could order my car. I ended up building my own spreadsheet of which western Canadian dealers won allocations.

I considered changing my order to one of the HEP cars. I heard rumours about the package before Ford announced them publicly. But I just loved the velocity blue colour. I'm very surprised how few velocity blue cars were built in the end. I'm also surpised how many HEP cars were built, I had expected it to be much more limited. For those reasons, I'm glad I didn't switch to the HEP car.

My R keeps my 2014 Boss 302S company through the cold winters. Also lucky enough to get one of the 50 302S race cars built.
Congrats! I've added the car to the spreadsheet. I can see you have the CF dash. Did you get tech pack and/or cover with it? Thanks

nschramm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Congrats! I've added the car to the spreadsheet. I can see you have the CF dash. Did you get tech pack and/or cover with it? Thanks
Yes, I have the CF dash, tech package, and the car cover. I did not get the black roof.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Does anyone have an updated spreadsheet? May consider a HEP R but not finding much left from the sheet
Sponsored