2020 GT with Roush stage 1 installed 1 year ago- tune update

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I have a 1500 mile 2020 GT with stage 1 Roush kit. My car has been in storage for a few months while I had some other cars at the house. I am getting it out again soon and want to know about a tune update for my car. My car runs awesome with the tune installed 10/20. I wish to know how to get the tune updated and what the benefit is of having it done? Will the dealer charge me? Will they need the car for an extended time period? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Contact Roush and provide your VIN and ask if there is a tune update for your vehicle. There should be no charge.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
You might want to consider upgrading to the latest phase 2 tune. That probably will not be free but the P2 tune is very good. Otherwise, tune updates are free and only take a few minutes.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
You definitely want the phase 2

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I hear you all about the Phase 2, except I have the better LTR, my car is a manual and I don’t track or race it…I just like having plenty of power on tap at all times and I am beyond happy with the Phase 1. Is there still a reason for the a guy like me to get the Phase 2? Thanks.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I hear you all about the Phase 2, except I have the better LTR, my car is a manual and I don’t track or race it…I just like having plenty of power on tap at all times and I am beyond happy with the Phase 1. Is there still a reason for the a guy like me to get the Phase 2? Thanks.
The latest Phase 2 calibration allows more heat without pulling as much timing. The calibration increases voltage to the fuel pump to help with potential fuel pressure issues. There have been several cases of catalytic converter issues with phase 1. The latest Phase 2 cal addressed that, according to Roush.

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Copy…thanks I might just go that route

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Copy…thanks I might just go that route
There have been several updates to phase 2. The current one is much better than the original in terms of drivability and performance. Guys that go from phase 1 to the current phase 2 say it is a pretty big upgrade.
Sponsored