Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I'm finally taking the dive as well. Ordered a Stage I Procharger, for my 2015 GT convertible, it should be in in a couple weeks. Being a mechanical illiterate, I'm having my "performance artist" install and tune it. Looking forward to some long cruises in the mountains and plains (I live in Loveland, CO).
You f@cked up now. Once that horsepower bug bites you your hooked. Before you know it you will be mainlining e85
Sponsored

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Oh, do you have an hour? Look, I have owned a few sports cars (like a delightful 1986 Mazda RX-7 - jeez, that was a beautiful machine!), but I finally decided to get serious, and picked up a great 2015 GT convertible with only 2500 miles on it! Convertibles are wonderful for the Colorado Front Range: surprised there are so few! But of course, 440 HP was not enough. I have done some other mods - cat-back exhaust, better rear gear, aluminum drive shaft, dropping it by an inch - but finally decided to save up for this move. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should have about the fastest four-seat convertible for under $250K that one could find...

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Oh, do you have an hour? Look, I have owned a few sports cars (like a delightful 1986 Mazda RX-7 - jeez, that was a beautiful machine!), but I finally decided to get serious, and picked up a great 2015 GT convertible with only 2500 miles on it! Convertibles are wonderful for the Colorado Front Range: surprised there are so few! But of course, 440 HP was not enough. I have done some other mods - cat-back exhaust, better rear gear, aluminum drive shaft, dropping it by an inch - but finally decided to save up for this move. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should have about the fastest four-seat convertible for under $250K that one could find...
You will now for sure

Sponsored

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Colleagues, I FINALLY installed a Procharger Stage I supercharger on my 2015 GT convertible, and it is extraordinary! I thank those of you who egged me on, and gave me advice. I wisely had professionals install and tune it. Total cost with tuning was $9K, but the best money I ever spent on anything - and I have not yet really given her a full workout: gotta be careful. She came in at 600 WHP, versus the 420 as purchased a few years ago. Of course, living in mile-high Colorado, I had to do SOMETHING to compensate for the thinner air. But yes, the journey never ends: now I am contemplating a rear tire upgrade once I have burnt out the current ones...

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Colleagues, I FINALLY installed a Procharger Stage I supercharger on my 2015 GT convertible, and it is extraordinary! I thank those of you who egged me on, and gave me advice. I wisely had professionals install and tune it. Total cost with tuning was $9K, but the best money I ever spent on anything - and I have not yet really given her a full workout: gotta be careful. She came in at 600 WHP, versus the 420 as purchased a few years ago. Of course, living in mile-high Colorado, I had to do SOMETHING to compensate for the thinner air. But yes, the journey never ends: now I am contemplating a rear tire upgrade once I have burnt out the current ones...
Welcome to the club!

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Definitely upgrade the tire to get the best out of it. If it’s not a daily, get a nitto 555r for sure.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Yeah pretty much anything north of 450 whp requires a tire. Good luck…

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I have found on my Mustangs a progression to FI over time. I no longer look at stuff like E85 and the hassle finding that stuff or headers. Just keep stock and when the HP bug hits, go FI immediately and save money on loud, mostly worthless, expensive exhaust mods.

When you go FI, the exhaust automatically gets louder because you have lots more exhaust pushing though the system.

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Epona,

I'm 64 years old (but that 18 year old car nut is still lurking inside me) so I relate.

Congrats on the Procharger. I did the Stage II with ID1050X injectors (per my tuner) and run the R&D Thermal axle back that is just so super sweet, I still can't believe how subtle it is around town, but rips once you hammer down. Remote tuned mine with fantastic results.

Love my Stage II. Mid-range is superb, which transitions into a crazy top-end rush. -0- problems approaching 2K miles with the Procharger.

Welcome to the club.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Yeah pretty much anything north of 450 whp requires a tire. Good luck…
I needed a tire on my 18 with just an E85 tune. It would spin 325/30/19 Nitto Invos through 3 gears in warm weather. Put NT555RII's on it, and wheel spin is very minimal. That will change again, as my car is in for Procharger/fuel system install as I type this.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I needed a tire on my 18 with just an E85 tune. It would spin 325/30/19 Nitto Invos through 3 gears in warm weather. Put NT555RII's on it, and wheel spin is very minimal. That will change again, as my car is in for Procharger/fuel system install as I type this.
Yeah 80 degree plus temps help.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0