OP

Rhinomike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020, Ford Mustang GT
I am going to go against all the others on here and say you want to think hard about it before you do it. The supercharger will stress the rest of the parts on the car including the transmission, axles and engine. If you don't have it tuned right or get a bad tank of gas it could cost you an engine. If you don't enjoy wrenching or tinkering with the car I think it is a bad idea.

On the plus side the car will be more fun to drive but a supercharged coyote is more power than you can use on the street. Good luck with the build.
Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. I only have 4K mikes on it. I have a 36k mile warranty. I will play with a few years and then trade it in for a new one when the warranty expires. Would that solve that issue? Or will I be taking it to shop all the time for warranty work. I don’t want the hassles.
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. I only have 4K mikes on it. I have a 36k mile warranty. I will play with a few years and then trade it in for a new one when the warranty expires. Would that solve that issue? Or will I be taking it to shop all the time for warranty work. I don’t want the hassles.
If you are sure they will cover everything under warranty that will make it better. The cars can actually be very reliable with a mild supercharger setup and a good tune. If ou take it to the track or launch the car and get wheel hop bad you are more likely to break things. The auto is more dependable than the stick.

My car is a twin turbo 2015 that started life as a manual performance pack car. I swapped in a 6r80 auto and put a paxton supercharger on it. I beat the heck out of it with the stock converter and transmission for about a year. I wanted more power so I swapped in a hellion sleep twin turbo setup and converter the trans to a 4r200 setup. Last year I blew head gaskets and killed the trans twice. The car has ran a best of 8.9 at 153 though so it is a bit beyond a mild car. Just be honest with yourself and your goals when you pull the trigger. Even though you get a warranty I would steer away from the Roush supercharger. It does not have near the potential of something like a gen 5 whipple.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
like having super car power for a fraction of the price. Total blast. Get a tire so you don’t end up on YouTube hitting spectators or in a ditch.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I would say on stock rubber, the stock engine is about as much fun. Traction becomes such a scarcity you can barely enjoy it.

The stock 5.0 and 10r80 are such an awesome and well-sorted combination it’s almost a shame to tamper with it.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I would say on stock rubber, the stock engine is about as much fun. Traction becomes such a scarcity you can barely enjoy it.

The stock 5.0 and 10r80 are such an awesome and well-sorted combination it’s almost a shame to tamper with it.
This is actually very true. On my car I can't even go half throttle on drag radials. Sometimes I think it was more fun on the street stock because I was not as concerned with going to jail or putting it in a ditch LOL. It also depends on where you live. I live too close to the city and it is far too much traffic to enjoy the power. It is fun at the track though.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
If you live in an area of wide open spaces where you can really use the power, it is great fun. Likewise, if you are planning on going to the track, it is also fun but you will need supporting mods if you do that. That would also put your warranty....if you have one....at risk.

I really enjoyed the flex fuel tune that I had prior to supercharging. It was much more responsive than stock but still very streetable. After going supercharged, I quickly discovered that stickier tires like drag radials were a MUST to put the power down. I also quickly realized that about 3-4 seconds of WOT was all that was practical on the street without risk from other traffic or law enforcement.

I am not sure I would go SC again unless I planned on going to the track or strip often. Again, that requires supporting mods in addition to the supercharger.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I have a 2020 GT Premium. I have had it three months. Love it. I had the dealer add the cold air intake performance package. It included the throttle body and tuner. Not much difference. I like the idea of keeping the warranty and letting Ford do the work. I am thinking about having my dealership install the Supercharger package. Any thoughts? I still want it reliable and turn key. I’m not into working on it just having fun in it. Any drawbacks? Thoughts? Thanks guys.
Do it! I can't imagine life without boost. Puts a smile on my face everytime. We sell all kinds of superchargers here at www.lethalperofrmance.com. We sell Whipple, Procharger, Vortech, Paxton, VMP, and Edelbrock. Give me a shout if you have any questions about either kit!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I am going to get the Ford factory supercharger kit installed by my local dealership.
If going through the dealership make sure its the Roush p2 and not the Ford Performance one, which is basically the Roush p1 smaller ltr and milder tune and runs hotter. Also keep in mind the warranty is from original purchase date/mileage of the vehicle and not of the kit, so if warranty is the deciding factor you're better getting it on sooner than later. If warranty becomes becomes less of a concern then that opens up to many more options.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If going through the dealership make sure its the Roush p2 and not the Ford Performance one, which is basically the Roush p1 smaller ltr and milder tune and runs hotter. Also keep in mind the warranty is from original purchase date/mileage of the vehicle and not of the kit, so if warranty is the deciding factor you're better getting it on sooner than later. If warranty becomes becomes less of a concern then that opens up to many more options.
they've (ford) finally gone to the phase 2

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I think you guys sold me. Lol. A couple more hundred horsepower sounds fun.

Any drawbacks or negatives?
Yes... You are going to run into the problem that all of us with superchargers run into :

Enough is never enough :). once you see what this will do power wise you’re going to keep wanting more and more and more . Just do it if you have the money. And rest assured knowing that you’ll have a full factory warranty behind you so you won’t be scared to drive it like you stole it !

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think you guys sold me. Lol. A couple more hundred horsepower sounds fun.

Any drawbacks or negatives?
The drawback is racking up more mileage because you’ll drive it a lot more!

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you live in an area of wide open spaces where you can really use the power, it is great fun. Likewise, if you are planning on going to the track, it is also fun but you will need supporting mods if you do that. That would also put your warranty....if you have one....at risk.

I really enjoyed the flex fuel tune that I had prior to supercharging. It was much more responsive than stock but still very streetable. After going supercharged, I quickly discovered that stickier tires like drag radials were a MUST to put the power down. I also quickly realized that about 3-4 seconds of WOT was all that was practical on the street without risk from other traffic or law enforcement.

I am not sure I would go SC again unless I planned on going to the track or strip often. Again, that requires supporting mods in addition to the supercharger.
The flex fuel tune also voids warranty’s. If the car is under warranty and anyone wants it to stay that way. Check with your dealership on everything and get it in writing.
traction is not as much of a problem with centrifugals. This is something that needs to be considered when purchasing boost.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
We need more information before giving advice. What transmission do you have, the A10 or the Manual? Gear ratio? The gear ratio code in on the door jamb. It is a 2 letter code. From there we can give more precise information. SC is good, but more info first would be helpful.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
procharger or whipple if your dealer will work with you. Otherwise the roush blower has come a long way and its actually not a bad blower to keep a warranty with.
Sponsored