2020 GT Recall waiting for part...

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium - PP1, 401a, A10, AE
Anyone else having the A10 brake pedal recall effect their sale? I'm literally waiting for the brake pedal to ship to the dealership so I can purchase the car the paper is signed off and everything... Anyone else going through the same situation? Thanks
Sponsored

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Yep. The spec I wanted is such that I had to choose an affected car. Part is expected soon apparently (early next week they said).
What has your dealer told you? Which city? (Edit: just noticed you're in Austin too)

OP
OP
atticuskid35

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
Dealership is in Stafford TX. I signed a purchase order on Oct 19 and they ordered the brake pedal that day. My sales guy said the part was shipped but who knows. It’s killing me haha

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Sucks to be stuck on hold, but on the bright side. You save a trip back to the dealer.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealership is in Stafford TX. I signed a purchase order on Oct 19 and they ordered the brake pedal that day. My sales guy said the part was shipped but who knows. It’s killing me haha
Mine's in Dallas. Stay in contact daily with them. Talk to the manager too, so that the parts/service director stays accountable. They've been good at following up with me, calling me daily.
I even asked about the possibility of swapping parts with an unaffected car in their lot, to speed up delivery: no go, for legal reasons.
What spec/color have you ordered?

Sucks to be stuck on hold, but on the bright side. You save a trip back to the dealer.
I'm getting a Rapid Red too. It's probably the most gorgeous red they've had on a Mustang in recent memory.

Sponsored

OP
OP
atticuskid35

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
I settled on a Race Red A10 401a PP1 with active exhaust. It's literally my dream car.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I settled on a Race Red A10 401a PP1 with active exhaust. It's literally my dream car.
Mine's the same color, 401A PP1 without active exhaust. No B&O. With Magneride.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Psssshhhh. Waiting a week for a pedal. Ain't a patch on waiting 2 months for a steering wheel. ;)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
After 3 and a half weeks the bracket came into the dealership and was replaced. Pick up this past Friday!
95D3CDE4-4044-43E3-801D-6C7024090040.jpeg

Congrats, drive her in good health and shiny side up!!

Sponsored

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Anyone else having the A10 brake pedal recall effect their sale? I'm literally waiting for the brake pedal to ship to the dealership so I can purchase the car the paper is signed off and everything... Anyone else going through the same situation? Thanks

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I find it interesting the different stories being told by dealers concerning the Brake part. I took my GT in two weeks ago to set appointment to get new braket and other warranty work done. I purchased my car one week before the annocement came out concerning the recall?
Here is what I was told:
1. First person checked with parts? and came back saying part not in yet, but they would order it when available after I brought the car back in for the repair? I questioned this as it means leaving the car for parts to come in?
2. The second person said based on what he saw on computer concerning recall the part would not be available un til first part of 2021? I questioned this because it is a safety issue and he confirmed?
3. Last week I brought in for several warranty issues and again checked on brake part- Was told same as week before- no part until first of year? Dealer fixed 1.5 issues in keeping the car 8hours. They installed new door threashold and tucked the headliner back into its gasket and "reprogramed" mirror.

I am hopeful that Ford has improved customer service through its dealers? but first experience was not good. This is my 3rd Mustang and all have had issues? Based on this forum it sounds like a lot of BS going on concerning delivery of parts for a safety recall.

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Was told at two separate dealerships (Conroe and Huntsville TX) it will be 4-6 weeks before they will have the needed parts to complete the recall work (brake pedal).
Sponsored