rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
yes, if 'zero' miles you should be able to get 650-800 for the set.
The PP1 tires are summer tires so re-use depends on your average temps. Are you reliably above 50F every time you drive? Otherwise you'll be buying a different set of tires anyway. You can re-cycle the 255 but you could just as well toss them at the guys with an Ecoboost and fit 275 all around.

SVE has had periodic sales that reprice their $1000/set for $600. That's the time to buy.
That's good to know. Any tips on good places to find buyers? Also, I found a rim I really like at carid.com, made buy Forgestar...have no idea what kind of rep they have, but I think they might look nice on a Magnetic 5.0 with the Steeda lowering springs I'm putting on
Sponsored

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
That's good to know. Any tips on good places to find buyers? Also, I found a rim I really like at carid.com, made buy Forgestar...have no idea what kind of rep they have, but I think they might look nice on a Magnetic 5.0 with the Steeda lowering springs I'm putting on
cf5-gloss-black_6.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Any tips on good places to find buyers?
you're on the largest Mustang site in the world... There's Facebook market and craigslist too.

Also, I found a rim I really like at carid.com, made buy Forgestar...have no idea what kind of rep they have
I prefer these wheels myself but they haven't been on sale for a while now. If you like the basic 5-spoke design then try VMR V705. However the cited prices are INSANE!! I bought my set for $120/wheel a year ago when they were on sale. Call up VMR and see what kind of deal you can get dealing direct.

If you haven't looked at wheel collection site you need to.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Chances are the aftermarket 10" wheels will have more aggressive offsets and won't need the extra spacers.

If you have the specs on the spacers (how thick are they exactly?) and which aftermarket wheel you're considering, one of us can run the math and let you know if the aftermarket wheels w/o spacer will be as flush as your current PP1 wheels with the additional spacer.
Given he referenced the CJs video, I’m assuming he bought the 25mm set. I have those with my factory 8.5 inch wheels. They would be too much for most 10 inch or larger wheels with the “standard” offsets discussed in this thread, unless you really like poke.

@rain6460 in general most standard offset aftermarket wheels shouldn’t need spacers to function or look good (aside from very wide track/autoX front setups w/extended studs etc)

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
you're on the largest Mustang site in the world... There's Facebook market and craigslist too.

I prefer these wheels myself but they haven't been on sale for a while now. If you like the basic 5-spoke design then try VMR V705. However the cited prices are INSANE!! I bought my set for $120/wheel a year ago when they were on sale. Call up VMR and see what kind of deal you can get dealing direct.

If you haven't looked at wheel collection site you need to.
I think I’ll do that thanks for the advice. I reeeally like those 5 spoke VMR’s. Much better than the Forgestar. Wonder if I can find those in 19 X 9.5 gloss black?

Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
yes, if 'zero' miles you should be able to get 650-800 for the set.
People really don't respect the used PP1 wheels/tires with "new car" low mileage on the used market. Feels wrong since the tires are so expensive but it is what it is.

SVE has had periodic sales that reprice their $1000/set for $600. That's the time to buy.
Yes, Black Friday should be the next sale period, if previous year trends follow.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if I can find those in 19 X 9.5 gloss black?
Sure, but you'll have to custom order them ($100/wheel upcharge),
https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmrwheels/albums/72157627001100117

or find your own powder-coat outfit, or rattle-can them yourself. With a Magnetic car I'd suggest the GunMetal myself or a FAR more interesting/contrast color than black (barf)

The only weight they show is 25.5lbs for 19x8.5 so extrapolating from the other 19x9.5 examples it should be around 26lbs which is a far cry from the Ford's 37 lbs.

7369974858_8085e58e3f_c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Given he referenced the CJs video, I’m assuming he bought the 25mm set. I have those with my factory 8.5 inch wheels. They would be too much for most 10 inch or larger wheels with the “standard” offsets discussed in this thread, unless you really like poke.

@rain6460 in general most standard offset aftermarket wheels shouldn’t need spacers to function or look good (aside from very wide track/autoX front setups w/extended studs etc)
Lol I just saw the comment about being on the biggest Mustang site in the world. That’s funny. I thought I saw a buying and selling area! Oh well I’m new here and not the most observant bulb in the bunch! Btw, those hub spacers are 25mm. I think I may go with a 19 X 9.5” all the way around. That way I may still be able to use the spacers. I wonder if the VMR’s have the recesses between the the lugs that are required to accommodate the spacers. The PP1 factory rims do, and some aftermarket but not all.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
People really don't respect the used PP1 wheels/tires with "new car" low mileage on the used market. Feels wrong since the tires are so expensive but it is what it is.

Yes, Black Friday should be the next sale period, if previous year trends follow.
Yeah it kind of like driving a new car off the lot. Soon as it hits the street you’re already down 20-30%

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I think I’ll do that thanks for the advice. I reeeally like those 5 spoke VMR’s. Much better than the Forgestar. Wonder if I can find those in 19 X 9.5 gloss black?
Those are cast wheels, by the way. Same as OEM, meaning they will still be heavy. Their site doesn't show a gloss black option.

Wheel brands such as Forgestar, and most SVE wheels (along with many other aftermarket brands) are Flow Formed (you'll also see rotary forged, and other similar variations of naming used). Flow Formed wheels are lighter and stronger than cast wheels, while being only marginally more expensive, generally speaking. These are the best value point for most people, and generally what you'll see recommended on this forum.

Lastly, there are True/Fully Forged wheels - these are very light and strong, but very expensive ($1000/ wheel starting typically).

Now, you can buy whatever you want for style/price/etc - it's your car after all :) just want to give you information since you said you aren't familiar. Shedding weight from the wheels helps the cars dynamics in every way. The PP1 wheels are notoriously heavy, and using a lighter aftermarket wheel allows you to get more tire under the car for less total wheel/tire weight in most cases.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Lol I just saw the comment about being on the biggest Mustang site in the world. That’s funny. I thought I saw a buying and selling area! Oh well I’m new here and not the most observant bulb in the bunch! Btw, those hub spacers are 25mm. I think I may go with a 19 X 9.5” all the way around. That way I may still be able to use the spacers. I wonder if the VMR’s have the recesses between the the lugs that are required to accommodate the spacers. The PP1 factory rims do, and some aftermarket but not all.
You don't need spacers if you get the right wheel offset for a given width. The right way to do it is buy a wheel with the correct offset so you don't need spacers.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Btw, those hub spacers are 25mm. I think I may go with a 19 X 9.5” all the way around. That way I may still be able to use the spacers. I wonder if the VMR’s have the recesses between the the lugs that are required to accommodate the spacers. The PP1 factory rims do, and some aftermarket but not all.
@shogun32 might know since he has them it sounds like. You could also search around and see if anyone else has used that brand on the forum.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Those are cast wheels, by the way. Same as OEM, meaning they will still be heavy. Their site doesn't show a gloss black option.

Wheel brands such as Forgestar, and most SVE wheels (along with many other aftermarket brands) are Flow Formed (you'll also see rotary forged, and other similar variations of naming used). Flow Formed wheels are lighter and stronger than cast wheels, while being only marginally more expensive, generally speaking. These are the best value point for most people, and generally what you'll see recommended on this forum.

Lastly, there are True/Fully Forged wheels - these are very light and strong, but very expensive ($1000/ wheel starting typically).

Now, you can buy whatever you want for style/price/etc - it's your car after all :) just want to give you information since you said you aren't familiar. Shedding weight from the wheels helps the cars dynamics in every way. The PP1 wheels are notoriously heavy, and using a lighter aftermarket wheel allows you to get more tire under the car for less total wheel/tire weight in most cases.
Thanks for that advice spaz I’m getting a real education here! If I go with a 19 X 9.5” I wonder if I’d be ok with the spacers and no poke?

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You don't need spacers if you get the right wheel offset for a given width. The right way to do it is buy a wheel with the correct offset so you don't need spacers.
Ok got it. I didn’t see this until after my last post. Well I guess I’d need to know more about what offset I’d need. I already know I don’t want to move up to 10”. Instead I think I’d like to go with 9.5 all the way around. I’d like the tire and wheel to come out to the very edge of the fender well with no poke.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thanks for that advice spaz I’m getting a real education here! If I go with a 19 X 9.5” I wonder if I’d be ok with the spacers and no poke?
The bay link from earlier shows an offset of +33. I'll have to pass to someone else, I haven't actually checked that out before, and I'm more familiar with 10 inch wheels to know off hand. @NightmareMoon ??

Also, looking at the eBay link, those VMRs are steep at $999 in my opinion for a cast wheel. Unless you get the kind of discount @shogun32 mentioned, seems hard to justify given the other choices available.

Here is a very similar SVE wheel, in 19x10, they also have gloss black. - https://lmr.com/products/mustang-sve-r355-wheels-15-19

And here is an owners thread on that wheel - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-lmr-sve-r355-wheels-so-heres-a-bunch.135713/

EDIT - just saw you want 9.5. Either way, the more you know I guess lol
Sponsored