2020 GT complete brake failure, failed HCU

2A_guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
A few of months back. we bought a new 2020 GT with a manual transmission. it just turned 6.000 miles on the odometer. this week my wife was taking our daughter to her Ballet class when she noticed the brake pedal felt spongy. it didn't take long and there was no brake pedal at all. she had total brake failure. my wife was able to downshift and with use of the parking brake she successfully avoided causing any accidents. we got the car to our local dealer. my local dealer was quick to get the car checked out. they diagnosed a failed HCU unit. we do no abuse this car, it is driven as a daily driver. Has anyone else seen or heard of this problem? like a typical woman she has trust issues and now she doesn't have any confidence in her car. having unexpected total brake failure can cause a bit of a traumatic experience. We like our GT and hope that our purchase was a good choice. As of 2-18-21 I am reading Ford seems to have some brake pedal issues not related to this case. how i see this car, its all go and no stop.....
Sponsored