Sponsored

2020 Ford Senior Master Coin

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yup, the "ole handshake" always had one in the hand.
Very true. Could never imagine someone purchasing one. The (intrinsic) value comes from how it was received. Troops often view them as one step below having received an award. Appears that the civilian versions are going to become baseball card-like.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Cab: I suppose it was inevitable that the concept would tranistion to the civilian world but I have yet to see a photo of one that has the quality enameling of so many units and commands in Uncle Sam's military...at least the military I knew. I wonder about the next generation of soldiers and sailors.

And yes, as you said, they were special and their "worth" was in the occasion of the exchange, not on FleaBay.

That said, the $$$ THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY "2020" coin is pretty darn cool but heck, my shelves are full of all those things. <smile> It WAS fun waiting for the "special box," Track Attack and the Golden Caliper though but that stuff has really never been my thing.

Good to see ya, dude.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Cab: I suppose it was inevitable that the concept would tranistion to the civilian world but I have yet to see a photo of one that has the quality enameling of so many units and commands in Uncle Sam's military...at least the military I knew. I wonder about the next generation of soldiers and sailors.

And yes, as you said, they were special and their "worth" was in the occasion of the exchange, not on FleaBay.

That said, the $$$ THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY "2020" coin is pretty darn cool but heck, my shelves are full of all those things. <smile> It WAS fun waiting for the "special box," Track Attack and the Golden Caliper though but that stuff has really never been my thing.

Good to see ya, dude.
You as well, KB. Hope all is well.

Within the ranks, I think the trend will continue without much change by future generations. As you know, the tradition is many generations old, but became more widespread in the 90s and has only increased in popularity since then. Now, as before, it's common to have a ton of unit coins and plaques made when on deployment to Korea, Philippines, etc--cheap, good quality and custom ordered.

As civilians add "horse trading" to the custom, counterfeits will be coming soon--according to my crystal ball. I can already hear the whir of the coin presses... As that happens, a picture of the person receiving the coin from a principal will be needed to prove its worth. Again, just a crystal ball forecast. Will watch in respectful amusement and hope that those who partake thoroughly enjoy themselves.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Coin came very quick, much larger than I thought from the picture.

2021-03-31 23.14.04.jpg

2021-03-31 23.13.46.jpg

Sponsored

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
We’re these included with the purchase, I do not recall seeing one in the owners kit.

This is my second GT500, I think I’ve earned a coin 😂 Although, I am hoping to pay my current one off soon and pick up a second (CFTP) after I move and have more garage space.

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Took the wife's car to the dealership about 6 months ago and notice this award/coin on the techs workstation and I asked him about it. He said Ford gives them to techs as some kind of certification award.
He then asked me if I wanted it and tossed it to me.

IMG_7520.jpeg

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
lol...never got on the challenge coin bandwagon, even after 5 years in the Army and 6 years in the Air Force. in the middle of all that, I NEVER got challenged at any of the hundreds of Army/Air Force/Marine bars I found myself in.

I did exactly what @Saratoga87 mechanic did, gave them away as fast as I got them. I learned early on they were more of a reflection of WHO saw you do it, more than WHAT you did...and for that reason, I was out 😉

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
lol...never got on the challenge coin bandwagon, even after 5 years in the Army and 6 years in the Air Force. in the middle of all that, I NEVER got challenged at any of the hundreds of Army/Air Force/Marine bars I found myself in.

I did exactly what @Saratoga87 mechanic did, gave them away as fast as I got them. I learned early on they were more of a reflection of WHO saw you do it, more than WHAT you did...and for that reason, I was out 😉
If it wasn't for the fact that I owned a '20 gt500, it would be of little value to me.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Congrats to the marketing person that thought up this new way to get into people’s pockets.
Sponsored