2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Blows Engine While Racing on Public Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
His channel used to be good when he first got his 2018 GT. In fact he was one of the first on Youtube to get one and we have basically identical cars. Seems like a good dude but he definitely got more click-baity as time went on. Sucks that happened to him though. He mentioned he got laid off from his real job because of COVID, so I don't blame him for trying to maximize his YT earnings.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Really? I would have assumed it's a decent paying job.
The ones with subscribers in the millions can make a partial living off of the YouTube ad revenue (although I believe it has dropped of late). The real money is when you have enough subs (again >1,000,000) that you start getting sponsorship offers and can sell channel merchandise.

In my daughter's case, she parlayed it into a networking opportunity at various YouTube/Google functions, made a lot of science industry contacts, tossed in a PhD in Genetics from Stanford, and now makes a very nice living doing video production for science based companies (and occasionally companies such as Red Bull). She still does her YouTube stuff and has a Patreon account, but it's a small fraction of her income.

Last edited:

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
His channel used to be good when he first got his 2018 GT. In fact he was one of the first on Youtube to get one and we have basically identical cars. Seems like a good dude but he definitely got more click-baity as time went on. Sucks that happened to him though. He mentioned he got laid off from his real job because of COVID, so I don't blame him for trying to maximize his YT earnings.
That.

I used to watch his channel back in 18 when he first got his. It was rather entertaining watching him go from an Eco to a fully loaded 18 GT.

Sadly, his channel went downhill (imho) when he started getting too click-baity. Lost a subscriber...

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
That.

I used to watch his channel back in 18 when he first got his. It was rather entertaining watching him go from an Eco to a fully loaded 18 GT.

Sadly, his channel went downhill (imho) when he started getting too click-baity. Lost a subscriber...
He used to genuinely love his eco boost and was very humble. Time and pseudo fame changes people.

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
I think we are being a little harsh on him. He really came along way from a Stock Ecoboost to the 18 and then the Shelby. He earned his sponserships and I appreciate some of the insider reviews he did on the GT PP 2, the Shelby and other Ford products before they hit the street.

He knows what he is doing when he did all those mods, posted the drag races and disclosed his mods and beat just about all the competition. Hell, even his wife ran 10’s in that green beast.

I like the idea that after it broke, he had it towed to his speed shop guy and did not do any whining about what Ford did or didn’t do, etc.

I sorry to see his ride blow but I been there before.Some guys use the car for what it’s meant for, some show it and others daily drive.

Personally I hope Ford Racing increases his advertising revenue to offset his new engine.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
It makes him some good money when his engine blows. It will probably be one of his most viewed videos and it just gives him some more content. I don't think he is as gutted as you or I would be.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I think we are being a little harsh on him. He really came along way from a Stock Ecoboost to the 18 and then the Shelby. He earned his sponserships and I appreciate some of the insider reviews he did on the GT PP 2, the Shelby and other Ford products before they hit the street.

He knows what he is doing when he did all those mods, posted the drag races and disclosed his mods and beat just about all the competition. Hell, even his wife ran 10’s in that green beast.

I like the idea that after it broke, he had it towed to his speed shop guy and did not do any whining about what Ford did or didn’t do, etc.

I sorry to see his ride blow but I been there before.Some guys use the car for what it’s meant for, some show it and others daily drive.

Personally I hope Ford Racing increases his advertising revenue to offset his new engine.
You're right. Well said.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
You're right. Well said.
Yep, he's not getting rich from you tube. Their is a money calculator which you put your Daily views in and it calculates your monthly and yearly profits. Now when you get into the Million views Daily margin and above you are now making some $$$. Plus the guy is funny and having fun while breaking stuff. Like me when I was young and dumb

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
He has 100k+ Subs.. you realize how much money he makes right?
I cant tell if you are joking or not but I'm pretty sure you don't make a whole lot from YouTube alone everyone always complains about getting demonetized and the crap ad revenue.

It seems like to make good money you basically need to get sponsored and just become a shill or start your own company or something like that.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I would never do it for the money. I thing the big you tubers have sponsors for sure
I cant tell if you are joking or not but I'm pretty sure you don't make a whole lot from YouTube alone everyone always complains about getting demonetized and the crap ad revenue.

It seems like to make good money you basically need to get sponsored and just become a shill or start your own company or something like that.
I agree. At a million views you total income is $40k but I am sure you have to pay something to do it. I would never try to make a living off of a media site.

IMG_20201203_103911198_HDR.jpg

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I would never do it for the money. I thing the big you tubers have sponsors for sure

I agree. At a million views you total income is $40k but I am sure you have to pay something to do it. I would never try to make a living off of a media site.

IMG_20201203_103911198_HDR.jpg
If you look again, it's 10,000,000 views for $40,000, not 1,000,000.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The ones with subscribers in the millions can make a partial living off of the YouTube ad revenue (although I believe it has dropped of late). The real money is when you have enough subs (again >1,000,000) that you start getting sponsorship offers and can sell channel merchandise.

In my daughter's case, she parlayed it into a networking opportunity at various YouTube/Google functions, made a lot of science industry contacts, tossed in a PhD in Genetics from Stanford, and now makes a very nice living doing video production for science based companies (and occasionally companies such as Red Bull). She still does her YouTube stuff and has a Patreon account, but it's a small fraction of her income.
yeah, like pewdiepie (who got famous making video game videos mostly), he makes ~11million a year; roughly 21k per video. Of course hes at like 102 million subscribers, so he is a very extreme case; but you can definitely make a living from it with way less subscribers

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
His n/a 18 running high 10’s low 11’s was honestly the best deal he had going. A bolt on gen3 is a proven great value proposition. Most guys that follow the path of more power/money find out many years later that the simpler and slower stuff was actually less stressful (financially) and more fun in the end...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.