CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Could be worse ................ One could own a new C8 Corvette. :cwl:
One 2019 C7 was bad enough. What a hunk of junk that was and had to lemon law it.
Sponsored

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
We didn't. We had Mercury, Gemini, and the early Apollo missions. We even went to the moon and came back without attempting to land, and another that came very close, descending and then coming back without landing. There were several major failures, including the loss of the Apollo 1 crew, and the near loss of the Gemini crew that Neil Armstrong was on when one of their reaction thrusters started and didn't turn off. We also had Apollo 13 where the planned landing didn't happed due to equipment failure. The entire space program though...from Mercury through Apollo...was focused on getting to the moon. It wasn't the first try, it took a lot of effort and many missions leading up the Apollo 11 to get us there, and everyone involved contributed. From the floor sweepers, to the personnel doing the flight patch computations, to the engineers and controllers.
That was a good time to be alive. Most everyone loved this country no so today a gd shame.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
had an accident just found about that recall can i claim the company can that reason for loosing control of the car
Aside from the recall - and before blame is placed on Ford in THIS particular instance - it’s up to every driver to maintain control of their vehicle - even IF there is a manufacturer part failure.

If you claim the accident was a result of the recall (ie: not fixed), there will be an investigation. The investigation will determine if the accident was the result of the failed part and how. Depending on the outcome of that investigation, would determine who was at fault and what damages would be recovered.

It’s not an easy claim if you’re saying the cause is due to a recall that was not fixed.

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
Yup, and the women were all excellent secretaries, and weren't uppity about "being treated equally". The blacks were there to sweep the floors. And the gays...you wouldn't even see them out after dark. We definitely weren't involved in any pointless foreign conflicts either. Exactly what do you mean "how far we've come" what the hell does that mean? What are you WOKE ?
Yup, and the women were all excellent secretaries, and weren't uppity about "being treated equally". The blacks were there to sweep the floors. And the gays...you wouldn't even see them out after dark. We definitely weren't involved in any pointless foreign conflicts either. Yup, good times :facepalm:.

It's all well and good to wax nostalgic about past accomplishments. We also need to remember how far we've come since.
We didn't. We had Mercury, Gemini, and the early Apollo missions. We even went to the moon and came back without attempting to land, and another that came very close, descending and then coming back without landing. There were several major failures, including the loss of the Apollo 1 crew, and the near loss of the Gemini crew that Neil Armstrong was on when one of their reaction thrusters started and didn't turn off. We also had Apollo 13 where the planned landing didn't happed due to equipment failure. The entire space program though...from Mercury through Apollo...was focused on getting to the moon. It wasn't the first try, it took a lot of effort and many missions leading up the Apollo 11 to get us there, and everyone involved contributed. From the floor sweepers, to the personnel doing the flight patch computations, to the engineers and controllers.

Read this two more times. You must be too young to understand or being schooled the new WOKE crap. And, what the heck does "how far we've come since" mean, seems to me it's worse than ever.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Read this two more times. You must be too young to understand or being schooled the new WOKE crap. And, what the heck does "how far we've come since" mean, seems to me it's worse than ever.
Well I’m 68 and I can tell you that anytime is a good time to be alive. Sure beats the alternative. I also think you would really be surprised at just how many people love this country. It’s kind of like cars forums, you only read the complaints. There were a lot of things wrong in the sixties, Vietnam for one, but without the constant drone of social media a lot of folks never really understood what was happening.

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
Well I’m 68 and I can tell you that anytime is a good time to be alive. Sure beats the alternative. I also think you would really be surprised at just how many people love this country. It’s kind of like cars forums, you only read the complaints. There were a lot of things wrong in the sixties, Vietnam for one, but without the constant drone of social media a lot of folks never really understood what was happening.
Agreed. I'm 68 also, many guy's I knew from a small town called Walton NY died there gosh darn waste of blood and treasure. We were adolsents at the time and I was lucky that I drew a high lottery number when I was eighteen so I didn't have to serve. My number was 216. Thank God. MY Brother had a choice of two years in Nam or four in the Navy he took the Navy gig and loved it.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Agreed. I'm 68 also, many guy's I knew from a small town called Walton NY died there gosh darn waste of blood and treasure. We were adolsents at the time and I was lucky that I drew a high lottery number when I was eighteen so I didn't have to serve. My number was 216. Thank God. MY Brother had a choice of two years in Nam or four in the Navy he took the Navy gig and loved it.
Man, I hear you loud and clear. I was 18 in the summer of 1970. Was at my girlfriends bungalow colony in Monticello, NY. I remember on lottery day, August 5, 1971 driving to the candy store in town to get the newspaper. I was dropped off before the store opened but I couldn't wait. Opened the stack, grabbed a paper and found the page. All of us from this era knows exactly what this felt like. I scrolled down until I found March 15, 1952. #319. Off to college I go.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This is inexcusable on Ford's part. Yes, all the manufacturers constantly look for ways to shave fractions of a penny here and there (because it adds up to whole pennies), but cutting corners on brake components goes too far.

This is a safety item. You'd think something that lives literally depend on wouldn't be a place to look for cost savings. How about maybe giving a little extra margin for something as critical as brakes? Make the damn bracket out of metal.

Part of this is the 'product management' life cycle. After a car has been on the market for a while, they try to improve profitability by squeezing costs wherever they can. All the obvious cost savings have probably been squeezed on the Mustang, so somewhere, some bean counter has gotten to brake components.

Ford has taken cost-cutting to new levels, trying to out-do even GM. Seems to be a legacy from the Hackett days. His marching orders from the Ford family were to pump up the stock price, as much as possible, as fast as possible. He cut costs wherever he could, including discontinuing passenger cars (except for the Mustang) in the U.S. It didn't work, which is why he was shown the Ford CEO revolving door and Farley was slotted in.

Companies do this because it pays. One class action lawsuit from someone's family who died in an accident because of cheaping out on brake components will cost Ford much more than whatever they saved by making plastic parts. But for every time that happens, they get away with it 100 other times, so they come out ahead.

Welcome to corporate America, where anything to make a few extra pennies is fair game.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just adding more info found already published online.
Sponsored

Attachments