First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I tracked my VIN down
Order date: December 30th 2019
Production date: June 22nd 2020

and it HAS a recall notice due to the brake pedal bracket fracture

Guess I'll be using the handbrake and slide sideways untill it has been replaced :crackup:
Damn Ras, that really sucks. You’ve waited so long to get your Mustang and now this. I just hope you can the part quickly. Have you spoken to your dealer yet?
Sponsored

robot3201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I tracked my VIN down
Order date: December 30th 2019
Production date: June 22nd 2020

and it HAS a recall notice due to the brake pedal bracket fracture

Guess I'll be using the handbrake and slide sideways untill it has been replaced :crackup:
Damn Ras, that really sucks. You’ve waited so long to get your Mustang and now this. I just hope you can the part quickly. Have you spoken to your dealer yet?
I don't know how risk adversed everyone else is but the risk of failure supposedly is only there if one slams the brake. Of course you never know when you'll be in a situation that may require doing so. Chances are you'll be fine driving it until the part comes in; hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, but all signs seem to point to Mid-Nov at the earliest (from what I read and the dealer I have spoken with). If you speak to your dealer and they say otherwise, please let us know.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Even if you slam hard on the brakes, that doesn't necessarily mean that the pedal bracket will snap right there and then. The bracket might break, not will break. As I understand, there hasn't yet been any instance of this part actually snapping in real life, and I'm sure a lot of 2019-2020 owners must have slammed hard on the brakes many times to date.
So I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

I dodged this one, because mine is a manual. But apparently there's another recall just around the corner, for the back-up camera, and I will most likely be hit by that one. The link posted above doesn't show any recall pending for my VIN yet, but it probably will soon.

Frankly, if I had to choose between having the brake pedal bracket or the camera replaced, I'd pick the bracket. Removing the camera is a delicate operation, involving the removal of flimsy plastic parts held together by cheap plastic clips. The potential for having something broken by a clumsy apprentice is much higher. So I would gladly trade the camera recall for this one. :)

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I need the camera recall I will get a new blank panel and let them do the swap at their risk :like:

WD:like:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Another recall on 2020 Fords including Mustangs for back-up cameras going dark.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Screenshot (229).png

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Do we know for sure that this bracket is not common between the auto and manual cars? Could this be a "staged" recall like we saw with the Takata airbags?

Trying to chase down part numbers for these cars has already consumed a chunk of my life that I will never get back...but if I have the time, I'll see if I can find some info on that.

In the meantime, Is this bracket something that could be identified with a visual inspection? Are they different colors or visibly different in design?

It seems like I've been doing a lot of threshold breaking lately, to save the lives of "deathwish squirrels" that are seem to be so common in the autumn. For such smart, clever, problem solving critters, they sure don't get traffic safety. :( It would be nice to not have to think about snapping off the brake pedal in the process.

Actually, it has two. One is under the gift shop. The second is underneath Alamo Hall. The latter being used as a reception venue.
Minor correction: "reception venues" are now officially known as "MAGA COVID Distribution Centers."
:D

Ira, right below where you copy/paste leaves off...

----------------------------------
Vehicle 1 : 2020-2020 Ford Mustang
Vehicle Type : LIGHT VEHICLES
Body Style :
Power Train : NR
Descriptive Information : Affected vehicles are equipped with automatic transmissions.
Guys, this only affects LIGHT vehicles. S550 owners do not need to worry! ;)

Even if you slam hard on the brakes, that doesn't necessarily mean that the pedal bracket will snap right there and then. The bracket might break, not will break. As I understand, there hasn't yet been any instance of this part actually snapping in real life, and I'm sure a lot of 2019-2020 owners must have slammed hard on the brakes many times to date.
So I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.
Good point but just a thought on this...
The oldest cars affected by this build date range were all very new when they went through their first cold weather months (for northerners). I wonder if the combination of fatigue after some mileage and brittle material due to low ambient temps could be a real concern now when they weren't before.

Another recall on 2020 Fords including Mustangs for back-up cameras going dark.
Mine has this problem! I have never relied on a backup camera before my S550 but it sure would be nice to have this working when backing up in the parking lot at my son's daycare...you never know when one of those little rugrats could sprint into the parking lot, hoping for a look at the undercarriage.

I have been waiting two months so far for the camera to come in stock. My guess is that if it ever comes in, my dealership will just replace it with the same original unit and I'll have to go back for the recall one.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A recall is usually issued after a failure or a possible defect has been reported to NHTSA. Doesn’t necessarily mean it was reported by Consumer use, it could have been found during Manufacturer road testing, IIHS Crash testing, assembly or a Quality Control audit of supplier parts.

Sponsored

Changes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
Went to the dealer for normal service and was given the advanced notice of the recall. Approximately November (as mentioned earlier) before they’ll be ready to bring it in. Mine was built Dec 2019.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Mine was built in March 2019. Called Ford and they said it wasn't under the recall which confused me since it said March of 2019 was included. Guess I am going to wait and see.

robot3201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
So I guess the consensus is mid to late November is when they'll start taking cars in for the recall fix?

robot3201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Just a heads up. Dealer called and said the recall issue was fixed and the car is ready for pick up. So at lease Houston has gotten parts in.
Sponsored

Last edited: