Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Some of you guys posted a pic of the date off of your window sticker. I was told that it was the invoice date, not the build date. Wait for the letter before you get all worried about it.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Some of you guys posted a pic of the date off of your window sticker. I was told that it was the invoice date, not the build date. Wait for the letter before you get all worried about it.
Just open your door. Thank you GT Pony

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 6.55.56 PM.png

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Dumb. Why compromise a part directly related to safety? It should be designed well robust enough to never ever break. Reminds me of the aluminum shift fork. They try to design to narrow margins and it bites them in the rear. Heck, there is even stress analysis software that can show failure points. I know, cheaper, lighter, blah blah but there are limits. You should be able to stomp the he** out of a brake pedal.
Ford: 5 cents is 5 cents.

Chevy is Rolls Royce compared to Ford.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Ford: 5 cents is 5 cents.

Chevy is Rolls Royce compared to Ford.
They did not do so out of malice. They merely thought that by switching to a different material, they could save money and/or weight. (probably money). Based on what I read, the engineers didn't put in a big enough safety factor to account for variations in manufacturing, and there wasn't enough of a review of that design to catch it. Had the review taken place, it probably would have been caught and corrected. Had manufacturing been done to tighter tolerances, it would have been fine. Unfortunately, it took both issues to cause this...

As for the transmission issue....I know that once a part has been made and accepted, it's REALLY hard to get a refund out of a Chinese manufacturing plant. Even if it wasn't up to spec, you are stuck with it. If you designed it wrong, that's on you. If the manufacturing plant cut corners and you didn't catch it, that's on you. Unfortunately, I've heard that local inspectors are not as...thorough...as they should be when it comes to those types of issues, for many reasons. The only way to be sure is to have your own people on-site to watchdog the factory. For instance, if you order a cotton shirt with a logo embroidered on it (say 1000 of them), and they put cotton/poly blend shirts in the shipment instead...if you don't catch it before it leaves the factory, you are paying for that batch of shirts. The local inspector might just see the word cotton on both and that's good enough...or they might be encouraged to look the other way (it happened - or still happens - in US factories too). But once the inspector signs off and it's shipped to you, it's yours, no refunds.

Sponsored

Changes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
Build date 12 03 19, and A10, guess I'm going to the dealership too....

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I went to Galpin yesterday for an oil change and for the C-pillar rattle. The recall shows up but there won’t be a fix until November.

Last edited:

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
If they started using them starting in March of 2019, thru August 13, 2020, that would mean that some 2019's should be included... Or was 2019 a short year? Or maybe it was supposed to be March 4, 2020?

Sponsored

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
This recall is going to be slow. The official notifications will not go out to the consumers until November and if my Edge break system flex hose recall is any indication, it will be at least six months after that. I have had a message on my Ford app for months on the Edge and I just received the official notification yesterday, They letter states Q1 2021 for a fix.

FrankieFigs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Kona Blue
I am very skeptical about this only affecting 2020 models with the part being in use since March 2019. My 2019 was built 06/2019 so I'm sure it has the new brake pedal. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Won't stop me from driving it.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
If you want to see if your mustang is part of the recall just enter your vin here instead of guessing via invoice/manufacturing date:

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html
I tracked my VIN down
Order date: December 30th 2019
Production date: June 22nd 2020

and it HAS a recall notice due to the brake pedal bracket fracture

Guess I'll be using the handbrake and slide sideways untill it has been replaced :crackup:
Sponsored