Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
What's worse is that when you set line lock you really have to press on the brake pedal really hard for it to engage. Ford fucked up on this one.
Sponsored

Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Well it looks like a lot of us with the new GT500's are going to get a recall, that really sucks. :thumbsdown:

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Those guys need to push their chair back and go out on a manufacturing floor once in a while and visit some suppliers to learn how things are made.
As an Engineer, I 100 percent agree with you. Now only manufacturing, but service. Too many times have I seen an engineer develop an "elegant solution" that is a pain in the butt to work on once it's gone from the factory, requiring 6 hours of labor to service for what used to take 45 minutes, or put in a part that will reduce vibration, but that part isn't robust enough to be able to withstand continual use and will fail in spectacular ways if not caught before failure (say, dropping the drive shaft)

Finally, too many companies think that checking designs with a thorough peer review is a waste of time and resources. In fact, ensuring that your designs are peer reviewed and checked helps eliminate errors. We all make at least 3-4 mistakes an hour, and the best people make the most serious mistakes because they are assigned the most difficult problems.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
And they say we got to the moon and back on the first try. lol

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
And they say we got to the moon and back on the first try. lol
We didn't. We had Mercury, Gemini, and the early Apollo missions. We even went to the moon and came back without attempting to land, and another that came very close, descending and then coming back without landing. There were several major failures, including the loss of the Apollo 1 crew, and the near loss of the Gemini crew that Neil Armstrong was on when one of their reaction thrusters started and didn't turn off. We also had Apollo 13 where the planned landing didn't happed due to equipment failure. The entire space program though...from Mercury through Apollo...was focused on getting to the moon. It wasn't the first try, it took a lot of effort and many missions leading up the Apollo 11 to get us there, and everyone involved contributed. From the floor sweepers, to the personnel doing the flight patch computations, to the engineers and controllers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
The March 2019 to August 2020 dates affect model years 2019 AND 2020. The news headlines are misleading.
Mine is a June 2019 build date.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Ira, right below where you copy/paste leaves off...

----------------------------------
Vehicle 1 : 2020-2020 Ford Mustang
Vehicle Type : LIGHT VEHICLES
Body Style :
Power Train : NR
Descriptive Information : Affected vehicles are equipped with automatic transmissions.

The brake pedal bracket assembly was introduced into production on 03/04/2019 and was taken out of production on 08/13/2020.
----------------------------------

In March of 2019, the factory was producing the model year 2019.
The model year 2020 production startup was 08/26/2019

Source: https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.html

I am confused. The summary indicates one model year, the details indicate two model years.
I will wait to see if I get a recall letter.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
Well it looks like a lot of us with the new GT500's are going to get a recall, that really sucks. :thumbsdown:

I called my dealer today. He checked my GT500 vin against the vin list he had. Mine wasn’t on it. Was built in Feb. My sons GT automatic was on the list along with 8 other cars on the lot. He was going by the last 6 digits of the vin and said that all the numbers began with the number 1 not 5 like our 500s have. Not sure if he had access to the whole list or just what his dealer has, but he has sold 4 other 500s.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra