Sponsored

robot3201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I've heard that dealerships won't even be getting replacement parts until Nov. Any validity to this from insiders?

Edit: I read the nhtsa recall link in the OP. They aren't even sending iut notices to owners until Nov 16 so seems to be the case.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
As a vet myself you trying to quote some jargon BS to beat your chest is embarrassing. I called you a Boomer because you're trying to act like your human body shifts faster than the 10R80. "Training wheels." That in and of itself is hilarious. Secondly, you came onto a thread where we're discussing the bummers and implications of a recall on a brake peddle assembly with a chip on your shoulder thinking you were funny.

Since this entire thread is now veering into "against the board rules" territory i'll steer it back into the right lane by saying that with only two incidents state side the likelihood of you being affected in the real world is very minimal. That's less than 1%. Just get it swapped when you can, and don't donkey kick your brakes.
I don't like identity politics. Guessing there are some here that are unable to take the normal banter that goes on . With car guys, as a vet so you say. I'd think you might recognize, that difference. It's the same shit that goes on, on every military base.

Might consider ones own BS, I still say a car with auto trans, reminds me of a bike with training wheels.

And yes that is hilarious as it was intended. Hurt your feelings did I, here is a dime go call the Chaplin .

Toughen up that vet skin you say your walking around in.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I've heard that dealerships won't even be getting replacement parts until Nov. Any validity to this from insiders?

Edit: I read the nhtsa recall link in the OP. They aren't even sending iut notices to owners until Nov 16 so seems to be the case.
On thursday I called Ford's customer relations for another issue I'm having and after they rep was able to get me the answer I wanted she informed me that there's a recall on my car, and that at this time the letters havent been sent out but that the dealer should be able to get the part if they request it. So maybe the full recall wont be active until these letters are sent out but doesnt mean the dealer cant get the part if they request it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Simple solution ................... Drag your feet on the pavement to slow down .............. :cwl: :rockon:

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
Chances are this is a manufacturing issue with a specific "lot" of parts. A lot is a manufacturing run produced at a specific point in time. Lots are a manufacturing control method of mitigating issues such as these. Instead of recalling ALL these parts, a subset produced can be recalled.

Keep in mind this is the exact same part design used for the previous 2 years...and no recalls on this part up until now. Unless there was a re-design on this part for 2020 (not likely if it worked before because any re-design effort costs $$$$$$), then the scenario above is more likely.

I'd suspect this defect was uncovered during reliability testing done at Ford (or even the supplier) and the automotive maker leaning forward with a recall before an actual failure occurs on the street.
If you read carefully, you will note that there was a material change from nylon to another type of plastic. I doubt that it was only one lot involved, unless they make 40,000 of them at a time.

Sponsored

Fenrir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
I'm just going to reach out to the dealer tomorrow and I'll have it handled when I can go in and wait with it. The failure rate is so low and I wasn't planning to track mine until spring anyways.

Sponsored

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
On thursday I called Ford's customer relations for another issue I'm having and after they rep was able to get me the answer I wanted she informed me that there's a recall on my car, and that at this time the letters havent been sent out but that the dealer should be able to get the part if they request it. So maybe the full recall wont be active until these letters are sent out but doesnt mean the dealer cant get the part if they request it.

Wow, that's unusual. Normally when you call Ford customer service their answer is; There's no problem. It's working as designed.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
This could be a situation that involves all automatics manufactured between March 19 to August 20 or it may be a manufacture LOT situation. The brake system was designed with a specific material in mind and they changed that leading to a failure. Whether the failure is from the application of the new material or the fact that it was not sufficient for the application is the problem and may not involve every car. The point is that it involves a base safety system of the car and can’t be ignored. Six out of 38000 possible is not the end of the world and if I read the recall correctly, they were early in the changeover from nylon. Time will tell, just don't slam on your brakes and get it fixed when you can.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Didn't know about the C8 recall, but not surprised. And probably far from the only one. Ha ha. What was it all about? And about the Mustangs, a freaking PLASTIC bracket for the brakes? Geez. But apparently our manual cars also have one, albeit more rubust (hope so). Plastic parts are okay for some things, but brakes? Oh well. Thank you for the heads up.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase