2019 Ford Edge ST, 2020 GT500
And they say we got to the moon and back on the first try. lol

Advertisement

Stonehauler

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
And they say we got to the moon and back on the first try. lol
We didn't. We had Mercury, Gemini, and the early Apollo missions. We even went to the moon and came back without attempting to land, and another that came very close, descending and then coming back without landing. There were several major failures, including the loss of the Apollo 1 crew, and the near loss of the Gemini crew that Neil Armstrong was on when one of their reaction thrusters started and didn't turn off. We also had Apollo 13 where the planned landing didn't happed due to equipment failure. The entire space program though...from Mercury through Apollo...was focused on getting to the moon. It wasn't the first try, it took a lot of effort and many missions leading up the Apollo 11 to get us there, and everyone involved contributed. From the floor sweepers, to the personnel doing the flight patch computations, to the engineers and controllers.

Last edited:

Järn

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
The March 2019 to August 2020 dates affect model years 2019 AND 2020. The news headlines are misleading.
Mine is a June 2019 build date.

Järn

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Ira, right below where you copy/paste leaves off...

----------------------------------
Vehicle 1 : 2020-2020 Ford Mustang
Vehicle Type : LIGHT VEHICLES
Body Style :
Power Train : NR
Descriptive Information : Affected vehicles are equipped with automatic transmissions.

The brake pedal bracket assembly was introduced into production on 03/04/2019 and was taken out of production on 08/13/2020.
----------------------------------

In March of 2019, the factory was producing the model year 2019.
The model year 2020 production startup was 08/26/2019

Source: https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.html

I am confused. The summary indicates one model year, the details indicate two model years.
I will wait to see if I get a recall letter.

Venomous Pony

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2020 Explorer ST
Well it looks like a lot of us with the new GT500's are going to get a recall, that really sucks. :thumbsdown:

I called my dealer today. He checked my GT500 vin against the vin list he had. Mine wasn’t on it. Was built in Feb. My sons GT automatic was on the list along with 8 other cars on the lot. He was going by the last 6 digits of the vin and said that all the numbers began with the number 1 not 5 like our 500s have. Not sure if he had access to the whole list or just what his dealer has, but he has sold 4 other 500s.

Cobra Jet

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

BimmerDriver

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
BMW, S550 GT magnetic
Some of you guys posted a pic of the date off of your window sticker. I was told that it was the invoice date, not the build date. Wait for the letter before you get all worried about it.

Thegipper

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Dumb. Why compromise a part directly related to safety? It should be designed well robust enough to never ever break. Reminds me of the aluminum shift fork. They try to design to narrow margins and it bites them in the rear. Heck, there is even stress analysis software that can show failure points. I know, cheaper, lighter, blah blah but there are limits. You should be able to stomp the he** out of a brake pedal.
Ford: 5 cents is 5 cents.

Chevy is Rolls Royce compared to Ford.

Stonehauler

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Ford: 5 cents is 5 cents.

Chevy is Rolls Royce compared to Ford.
They did not do so out of malice. They merely thought that by switching to a different material, they could save money and/or weight. (probably money). Based on what I read, the engineers didn't put in a big enough safety factor to account for variations in manufacturing, and there wasn't enough of a review of that design to catch it. Had the review taken place, it probably would have been caught and corrected. Had manufacturing been done to tighter tolerances, it would have been fine. Unfortunately, it took both issues to cause this...

As for the transmission issue....I know that once a part has been made and accepted, it's REALLY hard to get a refund out of a Chinese manufacturing plant. Even if it wasn't up to spec, you are stuck with it. If you designed it wrong, that's on you. If the manufacturing plant cut corners and you didn't catch it, that's on you. Unfortunately, I've heard that local inspectors are not as...thorough...as they should be when it comes to those types of issues, for many reasons. The only way to be sure is to have your own people on-site to watchdog the factory. For instance, if you order a cotton shirt with a logo embroidered on it (say 1000 of them), and they put cotton/poly blend shirts in the shipment instead...if you don't catch it before it leaves the factory, you are paying for that batch of shirts. The local inspector might just see the word cotton on both and that's good enough...or they might be encouraged to look the other way (it happened - or still happens - in US factories too). But once the inspector signs off and it's shipped to you, it's yours, no refunds.

Changes

Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
Build date 12 03 19, and A10, guess I'm going to the dealership too....

5.Oh Crush

Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST, 2020 GT500
I guess this applies to GT500 as well.

Advertisement

28 - Boomba Racing - 1

Advertisement