Fenrir

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
I'm just going to reach out to the dealer tomorrow and I'll have it handled when I can go in and wait with it. The failure rate is so low and I wasn't planning to track mine until spring anyways.

Lime1GT

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
On thursday I called Ford's customer relations for another issue I'm having and after they rep was able to get me the answer I wanted she informed me that there's a recall on my car, and that at this time the letters havent been sent out but that the dealer should be able to get the part if they request it. So maybe the full recall wont be active until these letters are sent out but doesnt mean the dealer cant get the part if they request it.

Wow, that's unusual. Normally when you call Ford customer service their answer is; There's no problem. It's working as designed.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium in Rapid Red with Black Accent Package, 2018 Taurus SEL AWD
This could be a situation that involves all automatics manufactured between March 19 to August 20 or it may be a manufacture LOT situation. The brake system was designed with a specific material in mind and they changed that leading to a failure. Whether the failure is from the application of the new material or the fact that it was not sufficient for the application is the problem and may not involve every car. The point is that it involves a base safety system of the car and can’t be ignored. Six out of 38000 possible is not the end of the world and if I read the recall correctly, they were early in the changeover from nylon. Time will tell, just don't slam on your brakes and get it fixed when you can.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
COYOTE
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Elp_jc

Reaction score
First Name
JC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K7979, MR, Nav, B&O, Cover
Didn't know about the C8 recall, but not surprised. And probably far from the only one. Ha ha. What was it all about? And about the Mustangs, a freaking PLASTIC bracket for the brakes? Geez. But apparently our manual cars also have one, albeit more rubust (hope so). Plastic parts are okay for some things, but brakes? Oh well. Thank you for the heads up.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
COYOTE
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Soulja4187

Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2018 Lexus IS300 F Sport & 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
What's worse is that when you set line lock you really have to press on the brake pedal really hard for it to engage. Ford fucked up on this one.

fastergt350

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Ordering, 2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison, 2020 Shelby GT500 Traded In
Well it looks like a lot of us with the new GT500's are going to get a recall, that really sucks. :thumbsdown:

Stonehauler

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Those guys need to push their chair back and go out on a manufacturing floor once in a while and visit some suppliers to learn how things are made.
As an Engineer, I 100 percent agree with you. Now only manufacturing, but service. Too many times have I seen an engineer develop an "elegant solution" that is a pain in the butt to work on once it's gone from the factory, requiring 6 hours of labor to service for what used to take 45 minutes, or put in a part that will reduce vibration, but that part isn't robust enough to be able to withstand continual use and will fail in spectacular ways if not caught before failure (say, dropping the drive shaft)

Finally, too many companies think that checking designs with a thorough peer review is a waste of time and resources. In fact, ensuring that your designs are peer reviewed and checked helps eliminate errors. We all make at least 3-4 mistakes an hour, and the best people make the most serious mistakes because they are assigned the most difficult problems.

Advertisement

114 - J&M Products / Hotpart.com - 1

Advertisement