Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I got some new informations for the european Mustang guys here. Source are reliable documents from Ford europe, I guess the officiall announcement of these things will follow soon. The most important change will be that all models beside GT MT will lose power thanks to new homologation laws.

On a sidenote: Power is measured in european PS which is not 1:1 to american HP.

Here are the most important changes for MY2020:

Power:
GT Automatic down to 440 PS from 450 PS
GT Manual stays at 450 PS
Ecoboost Automatic is completely gone
Ecoboost MT down to 270 PS from 290 PS (270 PS = 266 hp, which is significantly 310 hp of the US ecoboost...)

Packages:
Premium Package I is gone. Premium Package 3 & 4 are nwo only available on the GT models.
New Package "Mustang 55 Years" which includes black badges, black roof, black stripes, the same wheels as the 50Y Mustang, Navigation, B&O Sound, exclusive dashboard and door panels, alcantara seats and a few other things

Ecoboost:
The active valve exhaust is now standard equipment on all ecoboosts.
Every ecoboost now comes with a new exterior styling which is similiar to the high performance ecoboost: Mirror, Stripes, Spoiler and Grille are now in Magnetic Grey, independent from your exterior color. But you can opt-out of the magnetic grey elements and get everything in exterior color if you want.

Bullitt:
The european bullitt is sold out, so if you want find you have to try to find an already submitted order of a dealer. There is no way to order new european Bullitts anymore.

Production start:
Ecoboost 30.09.2019
GT 19.08.2019

Magne Ride:
If you order an european MY2020 with Magne Ride your car will have an additional delivery delay of 12 - 15 weeks.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good info......one of our UK dealers let slip about the 55 Years edition on Facebook this week. The loss of the Ecoboost auto is an odd one though......and the decrease in power is a shame (especially on the EB, that some difference between EU & US models!)

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah, it's really a shame where the Ecoboost is going. The pre-refresh EU Ecoboost got 317 PS, now it's down to 270 PS. Especially since the High Performance Ecoboost gets 334 PS.

But I guess we can be happy that the Mustang overall is here to stay.

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
I'm so happy I didn't wait 1-2 years like my common sense told me to. I had that feeling deep down that I should get Mustang now or it will not be the same later. It will hurt me a little bit financially (that is why I wanted to wait), but what you do for a happiness.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Factory power is declining due to the GPF. You have seen it on other cars in Europe as well take a 10-20hp hit. Nothing an aftermarket tune and/or an aftermarket downpipe or midpipe won't fix (wherever the GPF is located). It's a much easier job swapping the downpipes/midpipes on the Ecoboost for MOTs than the headers on a GT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Factory power is declining due to the GPF. You have seen it on other cars in Europe as well take a 10-20hp hit. Nothing an aftermarket tune and/or an aftermarket downpipe or midpipe won't fix (wherever the GPF is located). It's a much easier job swapping the downpipes/midpipes on the Ecoboost for MOTs than the headers on a GT.
But the 18 models already had the GPF, that's why the power dropped from pre-refresh 317 PS to 2018 290 PS in the Ecobost. The new homologations Euro 6D TEMP EVAP, ISC, etc have even more crazy regulations that cause the next power loss. But I'm not really sure why only the automatic GT is getting the power loss and the manual transmission seem to fit the regulations without problems

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
The thing is, all new MY18 GTs in Europe already come with the GPF and are rated 450PS so this reduction (for whatever reason) is something else (especially as its only the autos that are being reduced, not the manual).

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
I think it is emissions related. Having to adjust the tune to make the car run cleaner and meet the new regs.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The GPF filter sucks(not for the environment) but for everything else.

Lower HP/NM and also the exhaust noise....
I guess the only way to get rid of it are new headers with a tune. Even going with catted headers(and no tune) not having the sensors for the GPF filter plugged will throw some sort of CEL.

It sucks that the power is cut even more for 2020, however maybe the depreciation of the 18-19s won't be as bad.

Also in Sweden the road tax will increase from around 1700EUR/year for the first three years to 2000EUR/year for the frist 3 years i 2020 for a Mustang. I registered mine before the new regulations that currently is in play and I pay 370EUR/year(forever)

Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
It's why we don't get the GT350 or the new GT500. Stuff like that wouldn't have a hope in hell of passing emissions.

In the UK the Mustang 5.0 is about 8th highest CO2 emissions car for sale right now, excluding some exotics. So, imagine a motor revving to 8500 RPM or a supercharged GT500. No way in hell it would produce an equivalent amount of CO2. Sucks, but at the same time I'm not mad about it because we are all close together over here and couldn't deal with any more pollution. Walking through London is bad enough. I mean, it's nowhere near as bad as Los Angeles but it's still pretty bad.

Willow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willow
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I’ve ordered one Black Convertible GT customPack2 with BO, automatic and MagneRide and it shows MY2020 with 450 CV. Still waiting VIN. Ordered on June 19th, in Spain
A747406F-E9F6-4C73-9BFE-2BFCEC783339.jpeg

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Also in Sweden the road tax will increase from around 1700EUR/year for the first three years to 2000EUR/year for the frist 3 years i 2020 for a Mustang. I registered mine before the new regulations that currently is in play and I pay 370EUR/year(forever)
Wow, that's insane. As we know the environment can only be saved if normal people pay thousands of more euros to the government, which are really good in handling the money. :facepalm:
But I'm pretty sure Germany will have the last years before such crazy laws come to us too, thanks to the green hype that the regular car is the devil (who cares about planes, vessels, factories, etc).

And the dumbest part is, when you import an US car by yourself, you can skip most of the emission regulations...

@Willow: I'm pretty sure your order will be updated soon. :lipssealed:

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Wow, that's insane. As we know the environment can only be saved if normal people pay thousands of more euros to the government, which are really good in handling the money. :facepalm:
But I'm pretty sure Germany will have the last years before such crazy laws come to us too, thanks to the green hype that the regular car is the devil (who cares about planes, vessels, factories, etc).

And the dumbest part is, when you import an US car by yourself, you can skip most of the emission regulations...

@Willow: I'm pretty sure your order will be updated soon. :lipssealed:
A lot of the environmental stuff can be achieved by less use of plastic and cardboard. Think about how Amazon over-packs a freaking toothbrush you order on their site and puts it into a massive box with package protection air pillows. Also, the focus is currently on the consumer car because there is technology to drive change towards lower fuel consumption. I agree that planes, ships, trains and factories are the largest polluters and regulations are changing (for example, ships from 2020 have to use much lower sulphur fuel), but the fact is there isn't the tech available to move a massive cargo ship across the ocean on batteries or solar power only.

What I wish European governments would do is not tax a car by CO2 emissions alone, but also take into account mileage covered per year. For example, someone driving around in a BMW 120d that does 20,000 miles per year is polluting far more than I am in my 2019+ Mustang 5.0 doing 3,000 miles per year. So, why is it that their car costs virtually nothing in tax when they are using the roads far more than I am and polluting far more than I am? However, that would make the tax system dynamic and open to a lot of dispute.

Ok, back on topic. At least we get the opportunity to buy Mustangs in Europe. I'm thankful for that.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Can't wait to see the first Twister Orange GT 55 Edition......I'll even happily take the 10PS drop to take the 10-speed auto!

I can sense another trip to the dealers once the new colours arrive in the showrooms :)
Sponsored