Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Motor 1 being trolled by Ford reps. I love it.

I won't say there is no chance of the SVO moniker being revived for this car, I'll say it's highly unlikely. Personally, I don't care what they call it, as long as Ford keeps upping the performance abilities, they could call it the "Strawberry Shortcake" edition.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Motor 1 being trolled by Ford reps. I love it.

I won't say there is no chance of the SVO moniker being revived for this car, I'll say it's highly unlikely. Personally, I don't care what they call it, as long as Ford keeps upping the performance abilities, they could call it the "Strawberry Shortcake" edition.
We can't take that one as Cheby already has this edition...Camara "SS"

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Not tryin' to be a hater...but "mid 4's to 60" just makes me giggle...maybe with 500 lbs removed from the car. flat 5 to 5.2 is more realistic if you do the weight vs. power math. And that's on a perfect day, good DA, and certainly not with the Pirelli's which are absolutely trash with spin and hop....in my humble opinion.

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Not tryin' to be a hater...but "mid 4's to 60" just makes me giggle...maybe with 500 lbs removed from the car. flat 5 to 5.2 is more realistic if you do the weight vs. power math. And that's on a perfect day, good DA, and certainly not with the Pirelli's which are absolutely trash with spin and hop....in my humble opinion.
I'm with you on this one - until I see mid-4's from multiple sources, I'm calling BS. My car is built just like the HP minus the engine upgrades, and using the track apps I see 6.1's every time I run to 60. I'm not exactly impressed with that performance, but there's no way a handful of HP is going to shave 1.5 seconds to 60. My car has never known anything but 93, so I figure it's as healthy as a fully stock car can be.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
We should not have to wait long before a magazine gives us the actual zero to 60 times.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. It's like me saying GTs routinely run 9 with a few mods. Im going to say the car we are talking about will be a low to mid 13 second car. Ny bet is mid. And should outhandle a base GT.
With that optional handling pack (9.5" wheels all around + 265s + big rear bar) it'll easily outhandle a GT PP1. Faster than on a road course? Nah. Autocross? Yup.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
We should not have to wait long before a magazine gives us the actual zero to 60 times.
I've been at this for over 35 years now, and I've yet to see any magazine or manufacturer ever give us accurate numbers. Unless by accurate you mean, with professional driver, on a perfect DA day, suspension tuned perfectly, the best fuel possible, etc etc. Most published numbers end up being unicorns that in the real world almost nobody ever achieves with quite a bit of tinkering and work.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Will be 4's. C&D got 5.1 with the S197 2011 V6 3.55 6M on Pirellis.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That's like comparing an apple to a grape....sure they are both fruit, but that's where the real life comparisons end.
You're right. Pretty much everyone thinks the S197 was better and the Eco is a performance downgrade from the V6. :rolleyes:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
With that optional handling pack (9.5" wheels all around + 265s + big rear bar) it'll easily outhandle a GT PP1. Faster than on a road course? Nah. Autocross? Yup.
Yep totally agree. That's why I originally said. I don't see a huge market for this. When it comes to racing. Most people drag race. And it wont keep up. Road course it wont keep up. Dodge cones it'll shine. Maybe I'm underestimating the market for this type of car. But I doubt it.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I've been at this for over 35 years now, and I've yet to see any magazine or manufacturer ever give us accurate numbers. Unless by accurate you mean, with professional driver, on a perfect DA day, suspension tuned perfectly, the best fuel possible, etc etc. Most published numbers end up being unicorns that in the real world almost nobody ever achieves with quite a bit of tinkering and work.
Will be 4's. C&D got 5.1 with the S197 2011 V6 3.55 6M on Pirellis.
They may not give accurate numbers, but usually the methodology is consistent and I think that might be more valuable. I know I never ran their numbers stock, but that could also be because I'm not interested in repeatedly launching my car hard to figure out the perfect launch and because I'm not on a prepped area to test it like they probably are.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yep totally agree. That's why I originally said. I don't see a huge market for this. When it comes to racing. Most people drag race. And it wont keep up. Road course it wont keep up. Dodge cones it'll shine. Maybe I'm underestimating the market for this type of car. But I doubt it.
I think it's bigger than you'd expect. They'll obviously charge a nice premium for that package, similar to the PP Level 2.
Sponsored