Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost Handling Package Wheel Specs

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No complaints, as of yet. It's a completely different animal than my previous '17 base EB. That really doesn't come as much of a shock. It really does keep pulling and pulling on a long empty road, but haven't put it through too many cornering tests yet.

Eagerly awaiting some RE-71R's and new wheels to compare apples to apples with the old car
You’re replacing the wheels already? Selling or keeping

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
Could one of you with a Ecoboost with the handling package tell me what color the wheels are?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very surprised Ford went that high up the track tire totem pole. I wonder what kind of discount they get buying in quantity.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised they put a 80tw tire on it and not one of the popular 200tw competition street tires.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Those 80TW PZeros would be legal for regional A/X events (I have no idea how fast they are tho). The 200TW limit is only for nationals, you can run lower TW tires if they’re the factory equipped option at local and regional events.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chisel05

Chisel05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP, Handling Pkg
Those 80TW PZeros would be legal for regional A/X events (I have no idea how fast they are tho). The 200TW limit is only for nationals, you can run lower TW tires if they’re the factory equipped option at local and regional events.
That is how I understand it, as well. Daily street driving makes it hard to compare to the RE-71R's, although I doubt they compare despite the lower TW rating. However, I really wanted to maximize the additional width of the wheel

Tjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang 50 anniversary
No complaints, as of yet. It's a completely different animal than my previous '17 base EB. That really doesn't come as much of a shock. It really does keep pulling and pulling on a long empty road, but haven't put it through too many cornering tests yet.

Eagerly awaiting some RE-71R's and new wheels to compare apples to apples with the old car
How many miles do you have on the original tires. I just picked mine up this weekend and wondering how long the 80 tread wear tires would last.

OP
OP
Chisel05

Chisel05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP, Handling Pkg
How many miles do you have on the original tires. I just picked mine up this weekend and wondering how long the 80 tread wear tires would last.
Because of COVID, my EB only has around 5K miles, and because I switch out to autocross tires a lot, they've probably been rotated about 16 times, give or take. I think a lot will depend upon your driving style on the street, but the Pirelli 80 TW tires feel a lot harder than my 200 TW autocross tires, and some people can get a fair amount of street driving out of those. Other people can wear out a regular set of street tires in a year. I guess that's the long version of....I don't know how long they'll last, but I have no noticeable wear on mine at 5K (although I haven't done anything other than an eyeball measurement.) Check with BlueHPP, too. I think he likely has more street miles on his 2020.

Tjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang 50 anniversary
Ok thanks. I did 8 runs this weekend at autox on concrete and didn’t get as much wear as I thought I would. Definitely going to get better tires. I think these will be ok for everything else.
Sponsored