Sponsored

2020 Died suddenly won't restart???

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
but I just can't see why letting it warm up for a couple minutes at most until the fast idle drops would be a bad thing. We have stoplights around here that last longer than that.......
Yeah, and dont get stuck by a train. :crackup:
Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Stezlaki. Ive always let my vehicles warm up. Never had a problem from doing that. Don't let that comment scare you.

OP
OP
Stezlaki

Stezlaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Well, the dealer called today and said from what they can tell "the PCM went haywire" and they have ordered another but did not have and ETA. I haven't had time to talk to anybody to get any kind of details, but I'm guessing they tried to re-flash it unsuccessfully. Hopefully a new PCM will fix it and it wasn't caused by something else, like a harness or something, that they'll have to figure out.

Oh, and I'm guessing that means that the FORScan had nothing to do with anything, since the speedometer calibration changes are made in the BCM. Never messed with anything in the PCM and the speedometer was correct, so got the intended results.

I'll update as I know more. Hopefully it won't take forever to get it back. I only reached for the shifter in the Camry once today...:facepalm:

Last edited:

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Well, the dealer called today and said from what they can tell "the PCM went haywire" and they have ordered another but did not have and ETA. I haven't had time to talk to anybody to get any kind of details, but I'm guessing they tried to re-flash it unsuccessfully. Hopefully a new PCM will fix it and it wasn't caused by something else, like a harness or something, that they'll have to figure out.

Oh, and I'm guessing (and hoping) that means that the FORScan had nothing to do with anything, since the speedometer calibration changes are made in the BCM. Never messed with anything in the PCM (unless there is some sort of indirect consequence that altering the BCM affects the PCM).

I'll update as I know more. Hopefully it won't take forever to get it back. I only reached for the shifter in the Camry once today...:facepalm:
look at the bright side, you are getting your automatic practice!!!:giggle:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
For the people who don't warm up their cars before driving them, You're the people posting on forums "I don't know why my motor blew".

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Oh, and I'm guessing (and hoping) that means that the FORScan had nothing to do with anything, since the speedometer calibration changes are made in the BCM. Never messed with anything in the PCM (unless there is some sort of indirect consequence that altering the BCM affects the PCM).

Not GT350, but this S550 GT owner found burned up coils and the issue was tied back to a faulty PCM - he wasn’t the first to have a failed PCM or burned coils either...
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/dtc-code-p0354.145419/

This M6G member had a non-start failure and after much diagnosis, it was found the cause was due to a wiring harness. The harness that was eventually found was under his S550 and it rubbed on the chassis enough that the wear chafed through the outer protective conduit and rubbed through the wire casings causing a short, which kept blowing a fuse. See post #34 of the below thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-stalled-and-it-doesnt-start-or-crank.154984/

So hopefully, your present issue is just something along those lines and nothing catastrophic with the engine.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
To each his own but idling your car for minutes on end was for back in the day when carburetors were a thing. You don't have to idle these cars to warm them up. Driving responsibly while your oil gets to operating temp is fine.

(Driving responsibly does not mean red-lining it out of your driveway)

OP
OP
Stezlaki

Stezlaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Yes. Took 3.....maybe 4 months (I can't remember now) to get one, but that fixed the problem and no problems since (has about 15k miles on it now). The PCM's were not available at the time (was when Ford had factory parking lots full of unfinished F-150's waiting on PCM's due to the "chip shortage") so it took forever. Ford was very nice about the whole thing and did offer buy back but I really like the car so waited.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Yes. Took 3.....maybe 4 months (I can't remember now) to get one, but that fixed the problem and no problems since (has about 15k miles on it now). The PCM's were not available at the time (was when Ford had factory parking lots full of unfinished F-150's waiting on PCM's due to the "chip shortage") so it took forever. Ford was very nice about the whole thing and did offer buy back but I really like the car so waited.
you should at least have asked for some extended warranty or something

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For the people who don't warm up their cars before driving them, You're the people posting on forums "I don't know why my motor blew".
I warmed up the engine by driving away as gently as I could make myself (meaning not always that gently). And that includes several times in below zero weather. Never had a problem. Didn't burn oil. Ran it for over 30K miles prior to selling.

I fear that some people who have engines that use oil are those that idle and baby the engines too much.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Had this happen to my old 300zx when it was fairly new. Fusible link went out. Car just died in the middle of the road.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
My old 300zx died like that on the road in traffic one time. Turned out it was just a fusible link.
I feel old age has set in. I replied to this same thread over a year ago with the same response, and no memory of it. At least i'm sure that i have the same memory of what happened 25 years ago. Dementia setting in already? lol
Sponsored