Sponsored

2020 Bullitt: Wheel Spacer size for flush look?

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019, MagnaRide, Recaro's etc...2016 Land Rover Discovery 4 Landmark Edition, 2012 Mini Cooper

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019, MagnaRide, Recaro's etc...2016 Land Rover Discovery 4 Landmark Edition, 2012 Mini Cooper
Totally agree. There are some nice subtle ones out there......avoid the ones from ZL1, they drop off at her first jet wash......

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Spacers......
IMG_3119.JPG

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
My 2016 had a square 285-35-19 set-up with Project 6GR 7-spoke wheels and the look was flush and literally had a perfect stance but yeah I'd get dirty water kicked up the side of the car whenever I got stuck in a rainstorm. I ended up getting ZL1 Addon's mud guards.

Remember, flush at the top of the wheel arch is not flush down the side - take a look.
I had the ZL1's on my 2017 GT with PP1 and 22mm wheel spacers. The 3M blocks ZL1 use, kept failing and it was a pain in the butt. RokBlokx have worked way better for me, as they use a well thought out system that utilises existing holes and don't require sticky 3M pads.

Sponsored

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Love the European front reflector in white, looks so much better than the US standard amber. I smoked mine out.
DSC00819-min[1].JPG
Looks way better with-out a plate. I would love to get black with silver letters but it's illegal in UK, unless you have a car older than '79. It's illegal to have tinted or smoked also......:-(

VMBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt w/Magnaride
Vehicle Showcase
Looks way better with-out a plate. I would love to get black with silver letters but it's illegal in UK, unless you have a car older than '79. It's illegal to have tinted or smoked also......:-(
I know, when I moved it was so nice not to put the plate on the front, particularly as the UK are so long. Texas have changed the rules a few times on having a front plate, but a lot of people still don't have them. I've never been pulled for it, I think you've got to get a cop in a really bad mood for ticket.

I got caught speeding and the two Sheriff's where more interested in talking about the car! I got a $305 ticket for 117mph, no points!! :whew: Needless to say I use Waze now...no more speeding :crackup:

VMBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt w/Magnaride
Vehicle Showcase
And spacers. I painted and lacquered them before installation, so you can't see 'em through the wheel. Be careful not to paint the faces as they will heat bond over time. Also, best to use copper grease when fitting for the same reason.
Did you say that you lowered yours? The back end looks perfect!

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
I had the ZL1's on my 2017 GT with PP1 and 22mm wheel spacers. The 3M blocks ZL1 use, kept failing and it was a pain in the butt. RokBlokx have worked way better for me, as they use a well thought out system that utilises existing holes and don't require sticky 3M pads.
I have Rokblokz too. They are very sturdy and I love the attachment... No tape!

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I know, when I moved it was so nice not to put the plate on the front, particularly as the UK are so long. Texas have changed the rules a few times on having a front plate, but a lot of people still don't have them. I've never been pulled for it, I think you've got to get a cop in a really bad mood for ticket.

I got caught speeding and the two Sheriff's where more interested in talking about the car! I got a $305 ticket for 117mph, no points!! :whew: Needless to say I use Waze now...no more speeding :crackup:
Lol. I'd trade 305 any day for points!

Sponsored

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Did you say that you lowered yours? The back end looks perfect!
Not lowered. When you put spacers on, the wheel fills the 'black space'. Many people have asked if it's lowered. Was thinking about putting the Ford Racing springs, but doubt I'll bother tbh.....She rides so nice.....I have also installed a tuning chip which adds around 30bhp and increased torque and better fuel consumption. I did a motorway trip the other day cruising around 75 mph and she returned 35mpg. I was amazed: 500bhp, 302ci and 35mpg. WTF! It's better than my previous Mini Cooper S

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
Not lowered. When you put spacers on, the wheel fills the 'black space'. Many people have asked if it's lowered. Was thinking about putting the Ford Racing springs, but doubt I'll bother tbh.....She rides so nice.....I have also installed a tuning chip which adds around 30bhp and increased torque and better fuel consumption. I did a motorway trip the other day cruising around 75 mph and she returned 35mpg. I was amazed: 500bhp, 302ci and 35mpg. WTF! It's better than my previous Mini Cooper S
Which tune? Lund?

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Tunit. UK based.
Have one on the Land Rover too, brings her up to 300bhp and enough torque to shift the Earth on it's axis......

VMBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt w/Magnaride
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know, I read similar so it's good to see it. As you know the ride in these things is great, so don't feel the need to lower for any other reason than aesthetics. What's the chip you've got? US and UK HP/BHP are different, in the US the Bullitt is already 480.

Do you feel the difference?

I find that the lower end torque could be sharper. I had a Golf R back in the UK and that went like a rocket, very different car though. I drove my Bullitt back from Detroit 1700 miles to Austin I was achieving 26mpg, I don't think I've got better than 21 since! Still at $2 a gallon it's less of an issue :rockon:. How much is it costing you in the UK to fill it up?
Sponsored