Sponsored

2020 Bullitt: Wheel Spacer size for flush look?

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
Hello:

I'm looking to aesthetically make my Bullitt look more aggressive in its stance. What size wheel spacers for essentially a PP1 with MagneRide Mustang?

1. Will wheel spacers affect the MagneRide performance?
2. I hear its hard to fit MagneRide vehicles for spacers? Stud length.
3. Will I have to cut the studs? I'm looking for the least bit of work. No cutting.
4. I had the Ford Performance pack done: sway bars and lowering springs at 20 mm (3/4"). Will this be a problem?

Any suggestion of brand, style, and material would be much appreciated. Oh, if you have pics this would be great too. I plan on doing my modification in August.

Thank you for your time,
Brady
Sponsored

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019, MagnaRide, Recaro's etc...2016 Land Rover Discovery 4 Landmark Edition, 2012 Mini Cooper
Hello:

I'm looking to aesthetically make my Bullitt look more aggressive in its stance. What size wheel spacers for essentially a PP1 with MagneRide Mustang?

1. Will wheel spacers affect the MagneRide performance?
2. I hear its hard to fit MagneRide vehicles for spacers? Stud length.
3. Will I have to cut the studs? I'm looking for the least bit of work. No cutting.
4. I had the Ford Performance pack done: sway bars and lowering springs at 20 mm (3/4"). Will this be a problem?

Any suggestion of brand, style, and material would be much appreciated. Oh, if you have pics this would be great too. I plan on doing my modification in August.

Thank you for your time,
Brady
Hi Brady,

I spent a fair bit if time on this topic. All the spacers I viewed from the likes of American Muscle etc...were either too big (25mm will make them stand proud of body, of which I am not a fan) or too small at 20mm. So here's what I discovered whilst using hub centric spacers on my 2017 GT, 23mm meant rear wheel was flush, but I did not allow for tyre bulge, so the rears were still a little proud. I put 22mm on front and they were perfect! I had the spacers custom made here in UK (not expensive, in fact cheaper than the Steeda items and way better billet aluminium) and the quality of the product was (is) amazing! In conclusion, I now have 22mm spacers all round on my Bullitt and they are perfect! Note: I can not stress enough how important it is to go for hub centric spacers if you want confidence in safety and engineering.

There is no way that the spacers interfere with the performance of the MagneRide; no difference at all.

You said you've dropped her by 20mm. Putting spacers on with-out dropping the ride height has the effect of making the car look lower as well, because it reduces the black space between the tyre and the arches (fenders). So, I expect this will merely be enhanced on your lowered car.

Cutting studs: If you're running the stock Torq Thrust copies, they are engineered by the good chaps at FoMoCo to have recesses at the rear of the wheel face and can accommodate the stock studs at up to 25mm. Anything beyond this and you might need to replace the studs.

I have before and after pics if you want them.

Also, you'll find your paintwork will need a little more protection once you've increased the track. I have tried stone guards form ZL1 in US and they looked good but were terrible quality. That was on my GT. On the Bullitt I have RokBlokx and they are really good quality and very sturdy and very subtle, look like OEM factory fits.

Happy to elaborate on any more detail....

Best,
Matt

VMBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt w/Magnaride
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Brady,

I spent a fair bit if time on this topic. All the spacers I viewed from the likes of American Muscle etc...were either too big (25mm will make them stand proud of body, of which I am not a fan) or too small at 20mm. So here's what I discovered whilst using hub centric spacers on my 2017 GT, 23mm meant rear wheel was flush, but I did not allow for tyre bulge, so the rears were still a little proud. I put 22mm on front and they were perfect! I had the spacers custom made here in UK (not expensive, in fact cheaper than the Steeda items and way better billet aluminium) and the quality of the product was (is) amazing! In conclusion, I now have 22mm spacers all round on my Bullitt and they are perfect! Note: I can not stress enough how important it is to go for hub centric spacers if you want confidence in safety and engineering.

There is no way that the spacers interfere with the performance of the MagneRide; no difference at all.

You said you've dropped her by 20mm. Putting spacers on with-out dropping the ride height has the effect of making the car look lower as well, because it reduces the black space between the tyre and the arches (fenders). So, I expect this will merely be enhanced on your lowered car.

Cutting studs: If you're running the stock Torq Thrust copies, they are engineered by the good chaps at FoMoCo to have recesses at the rear of the wheel face and can accommodate the stock studs at up to 25mm. Anything beyond this and you might need to replace the studs.

I have before and after pics if you want them.

Also, you'll find your paintwork will need a little more protection once you've increased the track. I have tried stone guards form ZL1 in US and they looked good but were terrible quality. That was on my GT. On the Bullitt I have RokBlokx and they are really good quality and very sturdy and very subtle, look like OEM factory fits.

Happy to elaborate on any more detail....

Best,
Matt

Hey Matt,

You said, I had the spacers custom made here in UK (not expensive, in fact cheaper than the Steeda items and way better billet aluminium) and the quality of the product was (is) amazing! In conclusion, I now have 22mm spacers all round on my Bullitt and they are perfect!

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, could you share the link or company name that made these? I'm actually a Brit living in Texas, where are they based in the UK?

Thanks in advance,

Vince

VMBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt w/Magnaride
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Matt,

You said, I had the spacers custom made here in UK (not expensive, in fact cheaper than the Steeda items and way better billet aluminium) and the quality of the product was (is) amazing! In conclusion, I now have 22mm spacers all round on my Bullitt and they are perfect!

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, could you share the link or company name that made these? I'm actually a Brit living in Texas, where are they based in the UK?

Thanks in advance,

Vince
Also do you have any pictures i'd love to see what they look like. 1" is far to wide for me, was looking at 20mm, but after seeing your post I've started looking around and there's no where i can find that does 22mm.
Cheers
Vince

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Be aware that you'll need mud flaps if you don't want your sides beat up with stone chips.

Sponsored

VMBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt w/Magnaride
Vehicle Showcase
Be aware that you'll need mud flaps if you don't want your sides beat up with stone chips.
Surely if the wheels/tires are flush then it shouldn't be a problem? Hence the reason I'm looking for less than 25 mm as they stick out.

Do you have any spacers on?

I cculd also get Xpel paint protection film on the sides and rear fender, do you think that would work?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
My 2016 had a square 285-35-19 set-up with Project 6GR 7-spoke wheels and the look was flush and literally had a perfect stance but yeah I'd get dirty water kicked up the side of the car whenever I got stuck in a rainstorm. I ended up getting ZL1 Addon's mud guards.

Remember, flush at the top of the wheel arch is not flush down the side - take a look.

VMBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt w/Magnaride
Vehicle Showcase
My 2016 had a square 285-35-19 set-up with Project 6GR 7-spoke wheels and the look was flush and literally had a perfect stance but yeah I'd get dirty water kicked up the side of the car whenever I got stuck in a rainstorm. I ended up getting ZL1 Addon's mud guards.

Remember, flush at the top of the wheel arch is not flush down the side - take a look.
Thanks for the insight. I’m not sure I’ll be able to do anyway, I have magneride and I’m reading a lot about the challenges with spacers as the front wheel studs are much longer..

Do you have Magneride and did you have any issues?

Last edited:

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019, MagnaRide, Recaro's etc...2016 Land Rover Discovery 4 Landmark Edition, 2012 Mini Cooper
Hey Matt,

Thanks in advance,

Vince

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Superforma LTD
Stadson Grange
Brandis Corner
Holsworthy
Devon
EX22 7YB

tel. 01237 431929
web. www.superforma.co.uk

At 22mm, you should find the rears are dead flush and the front will still be slightly recessed. I know some would want these flush too, but for the sake of paint preservation and keeping the respective Ford track on both axles, I went with 22mm front too. Added some pics so you'll know what to expect and you'll gauge how yours will look.
Also do you have any pictures i'd love to see what they look like. 1" is far to wide for me, was looking at 20mm, but after seeing your post I've started looking around and there's no where i can find that does 22mm.
Cheers
Vince
That's exactly why I went for custom; all the off the shelf stuff is too wide or too narrow. Also, I've seen a comment about not needing stone guards if they are flush. Front wheels turn guys! And for the sake a few quid, you'll potentially save a fortune in a few years. They don't have to look like Subaru Impreza mud guards either. Pic attached......
IMG_3123.JPG

Sponsored

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Superforma LTD
Stadson Grange
Brandis Corner
Holsworthy
Devon
EX22 7YB

tel. 01237 431929
web. www.superforma.co.uk

At 22mm, you should find the rears are dead flush and the front will still be slightly recessed. I know some would want these flush too, but for the sake of paint preservation and keeping the respective Ford track on both axles, I went with 22mm front too. Added some pics so you'll know what to expect and you'll gauge how yours will look.

That's exactly why I went for custom; all the off the shelf stuff is too wide or too narrow. Also, I've seen a comment about not needing stone guards if they are flush. Front wheels turn guys! And for the sake a few quid, you'll potentially save a fortune in a few years. They don't have to look like Subaru Impreza mud guards either. Pic attached......
IMG_3123.JPG

Before........
IMG_3103.JPG

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
After......
IMG_3124.JPG
IMG_3206.JPG
IMG_3292.JPG
And spacers. I painted and lacquered them before installation, so you can't see 'em through the wheel. Be careful not to paint the faces as they will heat bond over time. Also, best to use copper grease when fitting for the same reason.

VMBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt w/Magnaride
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Matt, I hope they can ship to the US. Looks fantastic! I agree on the mud guard point, they're subtle and worth in the long run.

Did you have any issues with the front wheel studs...I'm reading a lot about them being too long for 20mm, specifically with magneride cars. Some people saying you can grind them down, which is not what I'm looking to do!

Thanks again for the details and additional photo.
Vince

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Matt, I hope they can ship to the US. Looks fantastic! I agree on the mud guard point, they're subtle and worth in the long run.

Did you have any issues with the front wheel studs...I'm reading a lot about them being too long for 20mm, specifically with magneride cars. Some people saying you can grind them down, which is not what I'm looking to do!

Thanks again for the details and additional photo.
Vince
I am sure they will ship to US. If not, buy them, send them to me and I'll ship them.

Ignore the grinding down nonsense, you'll have no issues at 22mm and there is no way it can possibly effect MagneRide. There's no difference between putting spacers on and wider rims. Net effect is still a wider track either way you look at it.
Sponsored