2020 Bullitt - Tick with happy ending

Kewlbreeze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Hey everyone. So after a long cruise yesterday, when i arrived at my destination i was parked up against a house. Windows were down and I noticed a ticking sound and recorded it. It doesn't quite sound like some of the more serious typewriter ticks out there however there was definitely some ticking. Video doesn't really do it justice. It's a 2020 Bullitt with less than 2k miles and i have already changed the oil and put in synthetic 5W-30. Feedback/insight would be appreciated.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That's the tick right there, unfortunately. Open the hood and see if it's not the throttle body, by any chance, but doesn't sound like it. Put your ear next to the TB, and you'd know right away. Otherwise, the only fix is reportedly using an additive called 'Ceratec'. Oh, another supposed fix is to top off oil level all the way to the top, which is the upper little hole in the dip stick. Try that too. Good luck, and report back.

OP
OP
Kewlbreeze

Kewlbreeze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
That's the tick right there, unfortunately.
Thanks. I appreciate the insight. I will check the TB but I doubt it’s that as well. I did order some Ceratec yesterday and will give it a shot. Will upload video after application confirming success or failure.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Congratulations, you are now a member of the........

upload_2020-8-12_9-12-18.jpeg

Not to worry, the Ceratec will calm it down.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
sounds like my tick. My tick has only been that loud on about 3-4 occasions, usually not audible, so I consider myself lucky.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
both my gt's ticket, just meant it needed an italian tune up... drive it hard and it will not tick.

OP
OP
Kewlbreeze

Kewlbreeze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Ok so Ceratec was total success. I went by the book and the results are great. Over time we will see if the tick comes back however for at least a day, I am happy.

I edited a few clips together that document my journey from tick discovery to resolution.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Ok so Ceratec was total success. I went by the book and the results are great. Over time we will see if the tick comes back however for at least a day, I am happy.

I edited a few clips together that document my journey from tick discovery to resolution.
You wasted 30 bucks for nothing.