Sponsored

2020 5.0 Mustang Engine Whine (What is this?!)

SeanPons96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang 5.0
Hey everyone, so I’m new to this forum but I heard it’s the place to take any hard to answer questions or concerns.

I have a 2020 5.0 mustang that makes this annoying whining sound whenever I’m idle, which pitches higher when I’m revving up/accelerating. I can hear it best if place my ear next my front tires, so I feel like it’s low in the engine bag.

I took it to the dealership and they say nothing is wrong with it. But I mean... this car sounds like it has a supercharger on it. It’d be different I did lol. So I’m curious to know what’s wrong.

I can send a video to anyone who thinks they can help via text or something.
Thanks !
Sponsored

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Hey everyone, so I’m new to this forum but I heard it’s the place to take any hard to answer questions or concerns.

I have a 2020 5.0 mustang that makes this annoying whining sound whenever I’m idle, which pitches higher when I’m revving up/accelerating. I can hear it best if place my ear next my front tires, so I feel like it’s low in the engine bag.

I took it to the dealership and they say nothing is wrong with it. But I mean... this car sounds like it has a supercharger on it. It’d be different I did lol. So I’m curious to know what’s wrong.

I can send a video to anyone who thinks they can help via text or something.
Thanks !
Yeah I have the same issue with this 2021, nothing bad yet...

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
.. my '21 doesn't have this... ?

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
.. my '21 doesn't have this... ?
Well now I'm worried... I wonder if the alt is going, brand new and it did this lol

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Well now I'm worried... I wonder if the alt is going, brand new and it did this lol
I too have been
I hear you but... you have warranty... give 'er and enjoy the car and less worry. Easier said than done. :)

Sponsored

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Do you guys all have autos? The 10R80 with the straight cut gears in the newly designed oil pump whines like a som' bitch at low speeds.
Ah yes I do, that makes more sense now thanks!

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
I have this in my 2022 auto, if it was some old banger I’d bought out of a car auction I’d be looking for a dry belt, pulley or tensioner but it’s coming from further back in the engine bay, it’s spoiling my enjoyment of the car
Sponsored