2020/2021 GT500 color palate and color example links

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
I started with black because it’s my favorite color on a vehicle but I feel like it just looks flat with this car and I want to be different. The black on the gt350 looks better in my opinion. So I’m currently with rapid red metallic but after finding out that will be available on regular mustangs then I think you will see this quite often it will be a popular color. I believe I’m going to change to the ford performance blue it is only available to ford performance vehicles like the Shelby and raptor etc. I’ve yet to see a mustang in this color other than picture but I did go and look at a raptor in the color and really did like it. I’m the end I don’t think you can go with a wrong color. Maybe a compromise is magnetic metallic. My wife likes the magnetic but I’ve seen at least 3 different mustangs around here with it. At the end of the day it’s your choice and you may go back and forth like I am. I’m supposed to make my final decision in the morning and let my dealer know lol.
Same story different color. I have an order for a base GT500 and originally had the performance blue chosen, but the more I saw some renderings of the white, I thought it looked great. Then I saw the shadow black from the Jay Leno Garage photo shoot and fell in love. (Photos below) Locked in the Shadow Black last month.
41A337B6-8C7A-4DC8-9103-30A7C1B1E234.png
D401344F-7E15-46F5-B46F-683A4E44ABB7.png

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m in the process of placing my order on a gt500 and very torn on what color to choose. This is a base model with no track pack. My favorite color has always been black and I’m bummed there are no other options for stripes except white or kona. What are some of the thoughts on the shadow black? My other color I’m considering is the rapid red metallic with black stripes. Thanks!
I was in the same boat. I went back and forth on several colors (particularly Grabber Lime and white) but finally ordered a base GT500 in Shadow Black with no stripes. Pictures never do Shadow Black justice. Too many reflections and odd lighting. In person, Shadow Black will be the most menacing and sinister color. The other colors with stripes may be more “classic Shelby”, but for me, I want an intimidating beast. In music terms: I want Slipknot, not Scorpions.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I didn't order this color combo but I truly do love it after seeing all the color combos. It is the Kona Blue with the Black Stripes. Its really awesome but Iam going to stick with my Rapid Red with the Black Stripes.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I was in the same boat. I went back and forth on several colors (particularly Grabber Lime and white) but finally ordered a base GT500 in Shadow Black with no stripes. Pictures never do Shadow Black justice. Too many reflections and odd lighting. In person, Shadow Black will be the most menacing and sinister color. The other colors with stripes may be more “classic Shelby”, but for me, I want an intimidating beast. In music terms: I want Slipknot, not Scorpions.
I have still been going back and forth on colors. I do like a lot of the other colors but was very indecisive. I just changed mine to shadow black with no stripes. Hopefully I don’t change my mind again but I agree with you it does look sinister and later down the road black is still classical. We may be the only two with shadow black it will just make our cars more the rare.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vince
Vehicle(s)
2008 SHELBY GT500 - COMPOUND BOOST - TWIN TURBONETICS CHARGERS - 777 RWHP - 2016 AUDI S6 - STAGE II TUNED TO 588 HP AWD.
I have still been going back and forth on colors. I do like a lot of the other colors but was very indecisive. I just changed mine to shadow black with no stripes. Hopefully I don’t change my mind again but I agree with you it does look sinister and later down the road black is still classical. We may be the only two with shadow black it will just make our cars more the rare.
I'm #3...shadow black with CF Track Package...no stripes. maybe ghost stripes later.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm #3...shadow black with CF Track Package...no stripes. maybe ghost stripes later.
There won't be a lot of Shadow Blacks, but this will be a monster of a car. Black never shows well in photos. In person it will be the most sinister color. The ghost stripes is a great idea.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
There won't be a lot of Shadow Blacks, but this will be a monster of a car. Black never shows well in photos. In person it will be the most sinister color. The ghost stripes is a great idea.
I think I saw a post where you didn’t like the Recaros? I’ve ordered mine with them.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I saw a post where you didn’t like the Recaros? I’ve ordered mine with them.
I like the option of the heated cooled seats and something that is a little less aggressively bolstered. Those Recaros look beautiful though.

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Seen this past Friday near Flatrock,car is bad to the bone in person,even going down the road.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
I think kona might be the least ordered color on the 500
Grabber lime also may be in low numbers (I ordered one) and Kona would have been my next choice. Does anyone have a list of orders by colors or combos. I know its early but I would really like to see a chart.