OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Looking good man, what is the car lowered with? The reason I ask is mine sits about 1.8 inches lowered on Tein springs and I clear everything but large speed bumps but it is LOW. Yours seem to sit a little lower than mine but if the car is not lowered I don't think you will have an issue. If you have a 1.5 inch drop or more I'd recommend moving them up some, from personal experience. If I had to redo mine I would go with a 45* instead of the 90 to keep the turbos a little higher.

Sorry for excessive use of the word low, lol
Car is stock height and I have no plans to lower it. They might be ok, but it’s eating at me a bit. I have to work all week so it will be next weekend before I have time to mess with it again. It will give me time to think about it .
Sponsored

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Car is stock height and I have no plans to lower it. They might be ok, but it’s eating at me a bit. I have to work all week so it will be next weekend before I have time to mess with it again. It will give me time to think about it .
Yep, I went through the exact same thing and it's actually scary how close my piping is to the ground. If you want I can measure my lowest point so you can compare with yours when the cars on the ground

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yep, I went through the exact same thing and it's actually scary how close my piping is to the ground. If you want I can measure my lowest point so you can compare with yours when the cars on the ground
I was looking at your thread and your turbos are definitely tucked up into the engine bay more. I think where I may have gone wrong was welding a short bend to the manifold to try to make the turbos more parallel to the ground. I was concerned that with to much of a rake oil would pool in the center section and perhaps be more prone to smoking. I see with yours that you welded the flange directly to the manifold. I may try to go this route to see if I can get more clearance. Let me know what you think. I’m definitely open to suggestions at this point

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was looking at your thread and your turbos are definitely tucked up into the engine bay more. I think where I may have gone wrong was welding a short bend to the manifold to try to make the turbos more parallel to the ground. I was concerned that with to much of a rake oil would pool in the center section and perhaps be more prone to smoking. I see with yours that you welded the flange directly to the manifold. I may try to go this route to see if I can get more clearance. Let me know what you think. I’m definitely open to suggestions at this point
Yep if I did it over I would keep the flang welded directly to the manifold and angle it up more, doing so you can keep them almost flat and have plenty of clearance on all sides. I will eventually do this to mine once I pull it all apart again as I have a slight smoking issue on startup other than that its fine.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yep if I did it over I would keep the flang welded directly to the manifold and angle it up more, doing so you can keep them almost flat and have plenty of clearance on all sides. I will eventually do this to mine once I pull it all apart again as I have a slight smoking issue on startup other than that its fine.
Good to know. I really appreciate your input. I’m also really thinking that at least the driver side s550 manifold is not going to work out so I guess I’m in the market for s197 manifolds or some sort of shorty header for an s197

Sponsored

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good to know. I really appreciate your input. I’m also really thinking that at least the driver side s550 manifold is not going to work out so I guess I’m in the market for s197 manifolds or some sort of shorty header for an s197
is that the s550 manifold on the driver side? I was wondering why it was so much smaller than the vband that might explain why, when I used the 11-14 manifold it was just slightly smaller than the 3 inch vband.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
is that the s550 manifold on the driver side? I was wondering why it was so much smaller than the vband that might explain why, when I used the 11-14 manifold it was just slightly smaller than the 3 inch vband.
Yeah. I think also due to the design of the s550 driver side manifold it’s not possible to put the turbo any further up into the engine bay. I may just pull the trigger on a set of eBay shortys for an s197 and build off of those

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
11-14 drivers manifold is cheap also... around $100 if I remember right

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
11-14 drivers manifold is cheap also... around $100 if I remember right
I haven’t had any luck finding one. I like the manifolds you have, but it doesn’t look like cx will sell just the manifolds

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I haven’t had any luck finding one. I like the manifolds you have, but it doesn’t look like cx will sell just the manifolds
Trying giving LKQ a call they found one in Canada for me it was like $125

Sponsored
OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Trying giving LKQ a call they found one in Canada for me it was like $125
I may have found one but if not I’ll hit them up. Thanks

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Looking at all the photos of hellion kits and some of the other kits has led me to believe that most of them are using a t3 hot side. Now I’m just hoping I can make these t4’s fit

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looking at all the photos of hellion kits and some of the other kits has led me to believe that most of them are using a t3 hot side. Now I’m just hoping I can make these t4’s fit
There is plenty of room to make them fit but you will have to remove that elbow you added or bring it up higher. If I did it again I'd not use the 90 cast elbows but use a 45 bend and weld flanges to that, just like how the helliom sleeper kit is.
Sponsored