Sponsored

2019 ZL1 is 3,883 pounds--I was surprised today..........

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
"all of a sudden" ? The GT350 was compared to Porsches four years ago.
you must understand his plight. The troll species has a short attention span and tendency to move goal posts. Next thing you know, he will say he wasn’t talking about the chassis, but was instead referring to the interior or something,.. oh wait!
Sponsored

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
All you have right now is a bunch of promises. People are buying on HYPE. When is the next puzzle being released?
Personal finances have absolutely zero to do with this discussion other than only a fool would be inline for a car that one doesnt even know what its capable of.

You remind me of Pelosi..... We have to pass the bill before you can know whats in it....

ROFL! You have to buy the car before you know what it does........

Seriously seems quite foolish!
You mean the reviews comparing the C8s to Porsches now? LOL....
Not really when you consider one of those pre-production C8's just beat the brand new 2020 Porsche 911 in Motortrend's comparison.
Im a bit bored, so curious about your guys comments/feedback now?

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Im a bit bored, so curious about your guys comments/feedback now?
Well I'm sure all the current hype will no doubt help the ADM cause (for the dealers that is). Numbers are good. Weight is still a concern and I still don't like the DCT only. Other than that it is a nice car. I hope all that have one on order are happy with the result.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Not impressed until I see what happens once Lund or PBD get ahold of one.

The biggest thing thats irritated me about this car is Ford being its own worst enemy. And turning this into mess IMO.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

The biggest thing thats irritated me about this car is Ford being its own worst enemy. And turning this into mess IMO.
lol, just cant say it can you...

PBD will have their hands on mine as soon as i get it

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Not impressed with a car that does the quarter mile in 10.6 or better on stock tires.

Not impressed with a car that will beat like every American car on the street except for a 2019 ZR1.

Ok.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500

Not impressed with one of, if not THE ONLY, sub $100k production car that can trap 133 MPH in the 1/4 mile?! :crazy:

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Not impressed with one of, if not THE ONLY, sub $100k production car that can trap 133 MPH in the 1/4 mile?! :crazy:
A base GT with a Whipple traps that, and has for a couple years now...for $40k. Juss sayin' be careful when adding in price per hp or doing a cost analysis on power, although I cede to you the point its a production car doing it, but for nearly 100k which isn't necessarily in the "every man's budget" as I see things. Now you can thrash me about for my criticism, but I'll also add, I'm a former Shelby owner too.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
A base GT with a Whipple traps that, and has for a couple years now...for $40k. Juss sayin' be careful when adding in price per hp or doing a cost analysis on power, although I cede to you the point its a production car doing it, but for nearly 100k which isn't necessarily in the "every man's budget" as I see things. Now you can thrash me about for my criticism, but I'll also add, I'm a former Shelby owner too.
base isnt 100k.

whippled cars are not doing it on street tires and pump gas warrantied tunes, and likely not in full street attire.

just keep the comparisons equal

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
base isnt 100k.

whippled cars are not doing it on street tires and pump gas warrantied tunes, and likely not in full street attire.

just keep the comparisons equal
Lebanon Ford. Warranted and on pump 93. And in full street atire, they trap 140 with drag radials and suspension in otherwise stock form...and that's with Whipple's tuning, which wouldn't hold a candle to other known names in the game. For $40k. About as valid a comparison I anyone on this forum could ever make.

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
But don't get me wrong, I get the new car game and the appeal of the new GT500. I've bought 3 new Ford's in the past 2 years, and have been to its free Octane Academy in Utah now twice in a little over a year. And I'm a former Shelby owner...
drift stick trophy.jpg
11-28-15 Cobra selfie.JPG

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Lebanon Ford. Warranted and on pump 93. And in full street atire, they trap 140 with drag radials and suspension in otherwise stock form...and that's with Whipple's tuning, which wouldn't hold a candle to other known names in the game. For $40k. About as valid a comparison I anyone on this forum could ever make.
40k above base or total for the car? Just wondering plus suspension and drag radials are a huge mod for track. Without that suspension mod It’s unknown what trap and time are the suspension most likely made the 60 feet time and speed impressive. No one argues You can’t mod a pony to be great many have

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
40k above base or total for the car? Just wondering plus suspension and drag radials are a huge mod for track. Without that suspension mod It’s unknown what trap and time are the suspension most likely made the 60 feet time and speed impressive. No one argues You can’t mod a pony to be great many have
Check out Lebanon Ford. Yeah, $40k total for a Whipple on a base GT. Warrantied. Now if you want OPG's, stuff like that, its extra...and quite frankly, I wouldn't set up a blown coyote without billet OPG's because I've seen too many people make that mistake since last summer.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
But don't get me wrong, I get the new car game and the appeal of the new GT500. I've bought 3 new Ford's in the past 2 years, and have been to its free Octane Academy in Utah now twice in a little over a year. And I'm a former Shelby owner...
drift stick trophy.jpg
11-28-15 Cobra selfie.JPG
i hear you, but again, keep them equal. see what happens when just a tire is thrown on the car. you have to admit, and see, this is just the starting point. bump from 12 to 18psi, e85, 18" drag radial, the cars are going to flyyyyy. Just like a GT would, but in a much different car, as you can see. its NOT JUST about the 1/4 mile

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
i hear you, but again, keep them equal. see what happens when just a tire is thrown on the car. you have to admit, and see, this is just the starting point. bump from 12 to 18psi, e85, 18" drag radial, the cars are going to flyyyyy. Just like a GT would, but in a much different car, as you can see. its NOT JUST about the 1/4 mile
Oh the cars gonna be a friggin' rocketship with a proper tire and E85 tuning...maybe even a Demon slayer. I have no issues at all with the driveline and what I know its capable of, especially with what's already off the shelf stuff we all already know about. Mid 9's with tune and tire? Probably. In the right hands.
Sponsored