Sponsored

2019 ZL1 is 3,883 pounds--I was surprised today..........

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
LMFAO.... Dodge stock is worth 18 times Fords current stock price.

Hmm gee maybe because Dodges Marketing Department isnt an embarassment!!
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
LOL the 2nd part was discussion about whats currently available and possible to put together.

The 1st part umm well if Fords intentions were so brilliant then explain to me why their stock is JUNK! LOL!!

The only thing to prove is that you obviously drink alot of that Ford Koolaide.
SO you want a "predator" but your budget doesnt allow it, the GT500 program marketing sucks, yet you cant buy one, and now you want to talk about stocks? Something tells me your portfolio isnt as robust as it should be.

but, again, still waiting for how the GT500 marketing is NOT working, since your obviously immensely more qualified than those doing it.. Stay on topic if you can :x

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Only read last page of this thread but I agree, the cars way late, poor marketing and at least 15k over priced when optioned up. I'd also say the market is pointing to signs of this as well, I've had 6 dealers who I previously contacted years ago reach out to see if I was interested in an allocation. When I declined two offered up MSRP, one had a golden ticket and offered 5k ADM which I also declined. Still happy with my decision to release the two allocation I had locked in for over a year.

That said I got a close look at one last week and it's a great looking car I just wish they kept the 350 side vents. The painted stripes were very nicely done and the fit and finish was much cleaner than the 350s. The c8 embargo drops tomorrow so it will be an interesting few days, I'm hoping Ford knocked the performance out of the park(Go Astros!)!

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SO you want a "predator" but your budget doesnt allow it, the GT500 program marketing sucks, yet you cant buy one, and now you want to talk about stocks? Something tells me your portfolio isnt as robust as it should be.

but, again, still waiting for how the GT500 marketing is NOT working, since your obviously immensely more qualified than those doing it.. Stay on topic if you can :x
Personal finances have absolutely zero to do with this discussion other than only a fool would be inline for a car that one doesnt even know what its capable of.

You remind me of Pelosi..... We have to pass the bill before you can know whats in it....

ROFL! You have to buy the car before you know what it does........

Seriously seems quite foolish!

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The stock price means nothing, look at GM and they are on strike

upload_2019-10-15_21-6-53.png

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

While I sort of agree GM had millions and millions of dollars set aside and allocated for the strike.

I will say that Fords current CEO has alot to do with its stock prices too in how hes steered the company.

Yes IMO Hackett is a mess too. Just an opinion before anyone has a meltdown LOL!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Only read last page of this thread but I agree, the cars way late, poor marketing and at least 15k over priced when optioned up. I'd also say the market is pointing to signs of this as well, I've had 6 dealers who I previously contacted years ago reach out to see if I was interested in an allocation. When I declined two offered up MSRP, one had a golden ticket and offered 5k ADM which I also declined. Still happy with my decision to release the two allocation I had locked in for over a year.

That said I got a close look at one last week and it's a great looking car I just wish they kept the 350 side vents. The painted stripes were very nicely done and the fit and finish was much cleaner than the 350s. The c8 embargo drops tomorrow so it will be an interesting few days, I'm hoping Ford knocked the performance out of the park(Go Astros!)!
ADM's arent as prevelent as the internet makes people think, so i dont see that as a tlking point. But if you do have knowledge of such allocations, im sure posting them here would be helpful to those that want/can (not notagain) buy it.

I do agree with the sidevents. I still love the 350, but also appreciate they are 2 distinct cars, so fans can easily differentiate them vs sharing more parts

Personal finances have absolutely zero to do with this discussion other than only a fool would be inline for a car that one doesnt even know what its capable of.

You remind me of Pelosi..... We have to pass the bill before you can know whats in it....

ROFL! You have to buy the car before you know what it does........

Seriously seems quite foolish!
wait, you attack people personally, but when you get shown to be on the poors list, its off limits? Then stock prices are indicative of GT500 marketing? you been drinking with pelosi today?

notice he only used dodge and not GM, it would have shred his point even more, he really grasping now

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I posted Dodge GM and Ford prices not just Dodge.

GM markets is doing great with the C8.
Dodge is doing great with the Hellcat RedEye and Demon treo.
Ford well umm not so good obviously!

If you like 2 distinct cars then you should really be a Dodge fanboy they have 3!! About to be 4 when the ACR version comes! LOL.

You sure seem to be Ford blind. Thats all you see but dont realize what else is going on that does indeed warrant the criticism..

The poor comment is just douchebaggy and elementary.....

That has zero impact on anything when anyone with half ass credit can sign and drive nearly anything now days. The giant difference you prolly cant decipher is if its smart or not.... Haha.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
ADM's arent as prevelent as the internet makes people think, so i dont see that as a tlking point. But if you do have knowledge of such allocations, im sure posting them here would be helpful to those that want/can (not notagain) buy it.

I do agree with the sidevents. I still love the 350, but also appreciate they are 2 distinct cars, so fans can easily differentiate them vs sharing more parts

wait, you attack people personally, but when you get shown to be on the poors list, its off limits? Then stock prices are indicative of GT500 marketing? you been drinking with pelosi today?

notice he only used dodge and not GM, it would have shred his point even more, he really grasping now
yes, I would say so....

upload_2019-10-15_21-24-2.png

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Nope, always has had that option since its relaese but the ZL1 1LE has only been out since MY 18.

You guys need to understand that the Camaro chassis took a HUGE leap forward in chassis technology and was completely redesigned. The S550 chassis and unibody was NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT an "all new chassis" as was stated in 2015. It was an evolution of the S197. Blame the bean counters on that one. The Camaro is dimensionally smaller than the Mustang too. Not by much but it is, especially in overall height. There's more use of aluminum, less material used in the unibody and body panels. The engine weighs less (perks of having only ONE cam shaft, and 16 valves. Smaller heads, camshafts in the Mustang weight 6 - 7 lbs each, less springs, less valves, less rockers, less everything and less valvetrain adds up). The Ford Evos concept was supposed to be a launching pad for Ford Global Platform but some idiot decided that joining the 21st century was a bad idea and they canned it. All body panels that were traditionally steel were aluminum or advanced composites. Parts of the unibody were aluminum. Suspension parts had more aluminum. The Evos should have been Genesis but instead Ford did what they do best and took the financial high road and the engineering low road. And their stock is still garbage.
The Alpha chassis is definitely a great chassis. However, the Mustang GT and Camaro SS are both 188" long. The Mustang is about 1/2" wider, mainly just at the rear fender haunches with a wider rear track width. The Mustang is about 1" taller, but that is mainly because the Mustang has a rounded roof profile, whereas the Camaro has a flat roof. They are essentially the same size minus the dome shape of the Mustang roofline. The base Mustang GT and base Camaro SS are within 20 lbs of each other (3,685 vs 3,705 for M6 models), however, the base SS has coolers for the rear diff. and trans and 20" wheels, whereas the GT doesn't have the coolers and comes with small 18" wheels and skinny all season tires. When spec'd equally, the Mustang is generally about 50 lbs heavier, but the coolers on the SS add some weight (probably about 30-35 lbs. give or take). So, takeaway the coolers, and the SS is around 85 lbs lighter than the Mustang when equally equipped. I agree, that weight savings is in the higher tech. chassis. GM did things like make sure there was no extra material anywhere it wasn't needed, spec'd. precisely the right length bolts so there wasn't any extra length, and other specific weight saving measures.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Chevy brought the zl1 1le to the lightning lap, ford decided to tuck tail and not enter the gt500.
Damn shame, should have been in this years LL.

Next year will have the c8 and gt500 (hopefully).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
all three could stop manufacturing today till 12/31 and they wouldn't suffer a whit. They are grotesquely overproduced with mind-boggling number of cars sitting in 'supply'. The American car industry is very, very sick.
usinventory1909a.png

Also the ticker for Dodge is Fiat (FCAU) at $13

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I posted Dodge GM and Ford prices not just Dodge.

GM markets is doing great with the C8.
Dodge is doing great with the Hellcat RedEye and Demon treo.
Ford well umm not so good obviously!

If you like 2 distinct cars then you should really be a Dodge fanboy they have 3!! About to be 4 when the ACR version comes! LOL.

You sure seem to be Ford blind. Thats all you see but dont realize what else is going on that does indeed warrant the criticism..

The poor comment is just douchebaggy and elementary.....

That has zero impact on anything when anyone with half ass credit can sign and drive nearly anything now days. The giant difference you prolly cant decipher is if its smart or not.... Haha.
so, explain how a minimally produced car, that is hard to get, has 1.a failing marketing campaign 2.explain how stock prices have to do with gt500 sales.

all three could stop manufacturing today till 12/31 and they wouldn't suffer a whit. They are grotesquely overproduced with mind-boggling number of cars sitting in 'supply'.
usinventory1909a.png

Also the ticker for Dodge is Fiat (FCAU) at $13
oh wow, he cant event even find the right ticker? Maybe thats why his portfolio only allows for a self titled "poor mans" predator build.. which i bet he didnt even do yet lololol

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
LMFAO.... Dodge stock is worth 18 times Fords current stock price.

Hmm gee maybe because Dodges Marketing Department isnt an embarassment!!
Just for the sake of clarity....Dodge & Cox has zero to do with the Dodge brand of automobiles. It is a diversified stock fund. The Dodge brand doesn’t have a separate stock. It is included in the stock of FCA.

A924355A-01CC-486A-9E4D-14D8E6043FB5.jpeg
Sponsored