2019 tick and 2500+ rpm rattle

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
so my 2019 gt auto pp1 has less than 2000 miles on it and i have the typewriter tick like alot of people but i also noticed a 3000 rpm and higher rattle while in sport mode. I can reproduce it by using the paddle shifters and keeping it around 3k rpm. i also noticed it sometimes around 2500 rpms in normal mode. Driving in sport mode though it's most obvious at 3k-4k rpm. I have not gone much higher since it's less than 2k miles and original oil. due this month. thoughts? should i have the dealer take a look or send it is it "normal" like the bbq tick thing?
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I would take it in and have it documented. They may tell you it is normal but I would want paperwork showing that I had a concern and what their response was. It could come in handy if you have a more serious problem later.

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
yeah, made an appointment for oil change- first 3 free- and for the noises for next week.

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
If you did not redline at least 3 times under 500 miles you will most likely develop a tick or rattle

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Pfft....I wouldn't even waste your time like another person said. I would keep my Stang out of the dealers hands as much as possible.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I avoid dealerships as much as I would avoid a Proctologist but there is no harm in having a concern documented. The OP is having the dealership change the oil anyway (which I would not do) so he just as well get something in writing about his concern.

I once had a concern about the brakes on a car....pedal went down too far. Dealer said it was normal. After the warranty expired, the situation kept getting worse. Back to the dealer and I got a new master cylinder that was fully covered by warranty since I complained about it before the warranty expired and had the paperwork.

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
paranoia or not. i'd rather the dealer document the tick and rattle and look at the oil coming out of it rather than i doing it and telling them there are metal particles in the oil. at least this way, they can't say anything about me doing the oil change and losing the evidence, if there is any.

and after that first change, yes, i will do it myself. if it weren't ticking or rattling, i would do myself but i am just covering myself for future issues.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
paranoia or not. i'd rather the dealer document the tick and rattle and look at the oil coming out of it rather than i doing it and telling them there are metal particles in the oil. at least this way, they can't say anything about me doing the oil change and losing the evidence, if there is any.

and after that first change, yes, i will do it myself. if it weren't ticking or rattling, i would do myself but i am just covering myself for future issues.
Excellent strategy.

Sponsored

Jwh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
keep us updated when you take it in about what happened.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Drive it around for about 10 minutes to get it fully warmed up and then wind it out in the lower gears on a few freeway on ramps. Coyotes like to rev so give it some throttle! Safely, of course. :like:

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
on a serious note... get a Procharger, don't opt for the quiet gears. You will be faster than most on the street, all while the car is completely daily traffic driveable, and you won't hear a damn thing other than a whine that will mask any tick you could imagine.

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
soooooo, i am livid. i wasn't livid when they called me later today stating that the tick is "normal" and attached an ssm or whatever it's called to my paperwork stating it's normal. even though this is my first oil change. 1950 miles or so. i wasn'teven livid when they said the 3k rpm rattle is a transmission whine that is covered by another tsb that doesn't even talk about 3k rpm but idle.

no, i only became livid when i checked the oil level, 15 minutes after shutting it off in the garage, to only find out the level to the bottom hole on the stick. so they shorted me what, 1 quart? what is the amount of oil needed to raise it from the lower hole to the top hole? When i checked it in the past, before this first change, it was dead in the middle of the 2 holes.

can i put any 5w20 blend in there? synth??

i wonder how many miles my engine lost on the 15 miles trip home? and i was in sport mode.

thoughts?

i called them, got their vmail and left a nice indicating if they ruined my engine ford is going to go after them.

idiots. total idiots.

i was thinking of checking it there, but with the approaching torrential storm i didn't have the time.....

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
You were told it was normal already and chose to take it to dealer who also said normal and you are somehow surprised?? Like I said in my other post.. Your wasting your time!

When mine ticks and rattles it's reminding me to put it in track mode and hop on the parkway and have some fun so it can stretch it's legs... comes home quiet as a mouse!
Sponsored