Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
And you bought the car from Jacky
Yes,
I bought it from Jacky. I have known him since 1980 when we meet at the Atlanta drag-strip in Commerce, GA (it was a 1/4 mile track then). We were in the street car class.

Jacky Jones is a fabulous guy to work with. He has trained his staff to do it his way. Here is the Jacky Jones tag on the car:
Voodoo2a.jpg
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I don't hear it being picked up but when I wash my car I hose out the wheel wells and always get a bunch of sand from behind the rear wheels inside the fenders when I stick a hose end up there. Some of it even seems to end up in the rear facia vents and openings around the exhaust pipes.

You're lucky to have smooth roads. Ours are not as bad as up north but not really smooth. I usually run with the steering in the soft position since it reduces steering kickback from trammeling a little bit. The bumpy roads will definitely let you know the difference in the shock settings.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I don't hear it being picked up but when I wash my car I hose out the wheel wells and always get a bunch of sand from behind the rear wheels inside the fenders when I stick a hose end up there...
I don't have pictures on the mountain roads. The roads are smooth. It is the big RV's towed by F-250 or F-350 trucks that drag the rear unit that hits the gravel. The gravel ends up on the road which soft compound tires throw up and into my car.

It is behind the front wheels in that plastic opening (which was made for the track) that picks up and accumulates trash and gravel. This will help keep a street car clean:
RockBloker.jpg

If you are full throttle at Road Atlanta into T-11 and T12, the stock structure will provide good down-force.The downhill T-12 turn is when you need every bit of down force available.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Yes,
I bought it from Jacky. I have known him since 1980 when we meet at the Atlanta drag-strip in Commerce, GA (it was a 1/4 mile track then). We were in the street car class.

Jacky Jones is a fabulous guy to work with. He has trained his staff to do it his way. Here is the Jacky Jones tag on the car:
Voodoo2a.jpg
And hes a car guy. Has some of the nicest stuff in the world

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
I don't have pictures on the mountain roads. The roads are smooth. It is the big RV's towed by F-250 or F-350 trucks that drag the rear unit that hits the gravel. The gravel ends up on the road which soft compound tires throw up and into my car.

It is behind the front wheels in that plastic opening (which was made for the track) that picks up and accumulates trash and gravel. This will help keep a street car clean:
RockBloker.jpg
FWIW only, I highly recommend the Jaeger Brothers front splash guards for exactly what you are describing. They keep rocks from piling up, plus they help keep the rear fender from getting as many rock chips from the front wheels. They look almost identical to the factory rear guard, and can be removed easily if you want (or put a couple drops of weatherstrip adhesive to help lock them in position). There are several threads on this site that talk about them as well, and I will be happy to upload pictures of mine if you want - just let me know.

http://jaegerbrothersauto.com/auto-... Splash Guards, 2 pc set, Front Only_654.html

Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
The jaegerbrother splash guards are a well made item, stay on securely, easy to remove for cleaning and look almost factory.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
And he's a car guy. Has some of the nicest stuff in the world
I got a tour of one warehouse a few years ago. I'd say just his family has seen the other two.

His entire staff is great.
Voodoo5 001.JPG

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I am now well over 1,000 miles. The car is awesome and the best $60K that I have ever spent on anything.

I finally got over 1K on the odometer which got me to take it past 7000 Rpm+. I was able to test the entire drivetrain (with the Torsen rear diff).

I was able to enter into a mountain turn with slow speed to the apex, and just blast out with nominal wheel spin (in sport mode). [Slow in, fast out]

I could get addicted to this. It's faster than the 2005-2006 Ford GT with it's truck motor that cut off fuel at 6500 Rpm (it had 25 more Hp).

I heard the K1800's were especially fast.
Voodoo6a.JPG

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Well Doc, looks like Slopes is calling!
We are supposed to have about 8 - 10 days of dry weather.
Here is an idea:
We both go through the drive-thru and each get a full rack of ribs, onion rings, cole slaw and the largest soda they have... They we take a spirited drive through the N. GA mountains while eating ALL of our food during the drive... No napkins allowed. Each person must finish ALL of the ordered food. The person with the cleanest interior wins!
Here is a better idea:
Let's meet for lunch and eat inside!
Since there are other Atlanta area folks here, who else wants to join us?

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I think it will be too crowded from the end of this week through all of next week due to the holiday week. There are a bunch of weekend homes which bring more slow people. JMO. There will be a window from 9-9-19 until the leaves start turning in mid-October.

Are you interested in an early drive? I haven't tried it but think it may provide the clearest traffic conditions.

I'll ask Tom the name, but we had great BBQ at a place near Dahlonega @ Hwy 129 (much better than Slopes). We could hit it.

How are you liking your car? I still give mine a A+ (tons of fun for the money). I am still working with on the go screen adjustments. The trip 1 and 2 is fun. I am trying to put together a spare tire. I have one from a S197 but not sure it will clear the bigger brakes on the GT350. I'd hate to have a flat tire issue in the middle of nowhere in the mountains.
Cheers

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
An early drive is prefered, so yeah.... Let's try to make that happen.
I have 400 miles on the car already... this thing is addictive!!!
The handling is totally amazing. It is closer to the handling of the 718 than I ever thought it would be.
I test drove a new 2017 Shelby years ago and the exhaust in sport mode did not seem to be near as loud as the '19... at least from memory. I actually enjoy driving in traffic and catching red lights now, because I get to hear the exhaust as the car goes through the gears. I have received plenty of unsolicited compliments on the car and the color in traffic, gas stations, parking lots, etc.
Went out for a drive (actually 2) today and drove past Slopes BBQ on Hwy 92.

Last edited:

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
Beautiful ride. I’m biased on the color.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
An early drive is prefered, so yeah.... Let's try to make that happen.
I have 400 miles on the car already... this thing is addictive!!!.
I am glad you agree to an early drive. We will be the test guys in charge of good info on mountain conditions in the early hours. ;)

Heck. I got to the Steve sponsored show this morning @ 1135 Woodstock RD in Roswell (near the Target and close the The Avenue's location when this stuff started).

I thought your car entered just after me?
Wcar6.JPG

No, it was Chris which I mentioned this site. He also has a 2019 Shelby GT350 with around the same number of miles as mine.

I was very interested in this old Mercedes Benz:
Wcar2.JPG

We should all go to the address above on the first Sunday of next month? It also had some slow (replica) Shelby Cobra roadsters.
Wcar.JPG

ATL Golfer

Looking for an R!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 3.5 Eco / Lookin for 350 R Please
I grew up in Sandy Springs. The owner of Slopes (father) yelled at me nose to nose when I was middle school because my friend wrote something inappropriate on a street sign that happened to be near his front yard. I actually met the son earlier this summer by chance (not at Slopes) and he and his father are twinning from the time I encountered the father 25+ yrs ago. Small world. As far as BBQ in the area, Heirloom is the best!

Anyways, sharp ride. You take it to Octane this past Sunday? I just went to Hennessy Ford on Ptree Industrial and saw a Performance Blue R. Want.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I grew up in Sandy Springs. The owner of Slopes (father) yelled at me nose to nose when I was middle school because my friend wrote something inappropriate on a street sign that happened to be near his front yard. I actually met the son earlier this summer by chance (not at Slopes) and he and his father are twinning from the time I encountered the father 25+ yrs ago. Small world. As far as BBQ in the area, Heirloom is the best!

Anyways, sharp ride. You take it to Octane this past Sunday? I just went to Hennessy Ford on Ptree Industrial and saw a Performance Blue R. Want.
Heirloom is the best BBQ in the Atlanta area in my opinion we get it catered at work all the time. I have been by Hennessy Ford quite a few times and there R's are always marked up with an ADM pretty significantly (usually 10k) they did have a 19 black R the other week and it was the filthiest car I have ever seen looks like they just took delivery from Michigan and didn't clean it off once and sat it outside. Why do dealers keep the most expensive cars they sell outside while 35k cars are on the inside I will never know.
Sponsored