Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
In my best jealous voice while I wait delivery... "How about a video clip of the exhaust from that 32-valve orchestra?"

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Doc:
Since we are practically neighboors, heres the deal:
If we both get our '19's, the person who gets theirs first buys the other lunch!
I'll be happy to lose this bet, but even happier if we BOTH get our 2019's....!!!
Deal?
Deal.

I like Slope's BBQ in Sandy Springs as well as Pig-N-Chik BBQ in Sandy Springs.
I seem to remember a conversation we had a short while ago.... hmmmm, what's that noise?
Oh, I'ts my stomach growling.
I know, I know... I did say "If we both get our '19's" and am still expecting.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
That is a great photoshop of Slope's menu. :)

The car has been great. I have been working to 8000 Rpm in small steps. It says a 100-mile break-in is good, but it also says take it to 1,000 miles before track use which translates to me as heavy-duty mountain driving. I am also being slow of bedding the big rotors to the brake pads.

The engine, clutch (dual plate), transmission, and rear diff are the best that I have ever driven.

Here it is at Lake Lanier:
Voodoo10.JPG

I bought a set of blocking things to place in the rails that run behind front wheels. It collects a lot of gravel and small rocks in everyday driving (remove them before sessions at Road Atlanta).

Here:
Voodoo1868.JPG

Sorry, but no audio yet. My old Nikon went dark on me last week, and I got a new Nikon D3500 which is great but with a lot more tech.

One more from the D3500:
Voodoo8.JPG

Sponsored

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
Congratulations on your GT350. I just picked up my Magnetic Grey GT350 on July 5th. Stripe delete, handling package, electronics package, leather sports seats. Took delivery in Glendale Arizona, drove through Winslow, Flagstaff and Kingman. Then on to California. Just rolled over 1700 miles. Mine will also a driver. I haven't hit 8k rpm and will also get there, eventually. Bedded the brakes and did the engine break in to 100 miles and varied the mountain speed and interstate speeds to 1000 miles. I replaced the factory stick shift knob with a black Ford Performance stick shift knob as a tribute to a 1966, A code, factory GT Fastback I once owned and lost to someone I used to call a friend. I've ordered a Stow-n-Show license plate bracket for the front and Redline hood struts from CJ Pony. This pony runs like a top! I agree with you about how awesome this vehicle is. It truly is amazing!! Congratulations!
IMG_1442.jpg
IMG_1284.jpg
IMG_1936.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_9840.jpg

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I drove into the north Georgia mountains early today.
Voodoo3d.JPG

Brasstown Bald mountain is the highest peak in GA. The problem came next when a heavy rain hit me 2 minutes later. I had to go carefully downhill on a slippery surface on summer tires (no guardrails, so no room for error).

I am also having a problem getting a correct feel on the computer-wire steering. I'll sort it out next time in dry conditions.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I drove into the north Georgia mountains early today.
Voodoo3d.JPG

Brasstown Bald mountain is the highest peak in GA. The problem came next when a heavy rain hit me 2 minutes later. I had to go carefully downhill on a slippery surface on summer tires (no guardrails, so no room for error).

I am also having a problem getting a correct feel on the computer-wire steering. I'll sort it out next time in dry conditions.
Did you try weather mode?

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try weather mode?
Yes, I tried it. Here is a description of the road from Hwy 129 via State route 180:

SR 180 traverses some of the most difficult terrain in Georgia, traveling the gaps of the highest mountains in the state. The route has two sections known as Bald Mountain Road and Wolfpen Gap Road, which are joined by the concurrency with US 19/US 129/SR 11. Most of the highway is in the Chattahoochee National Forest.
It's a great 11-mile narrow road when dry. It is much different when one mistake on a wet road can send you down 500' of mountain (it may take a week to find me upside down and previously on fire).

This ain't no party or no fooling around.

Sponsored
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
This 2019 GT350 is much better than I thought when ordering it.

Voodoo3b.JPG

The brakes are really good. The engine is the best one offered in a car that isn't a $200K Porsche GT3.

I did install the JLP Rock blockers today. My previous first drive collected a pound of gravel in the rockers behind the front tires.

The stock steering wheel setting is too loose. I always start with steering in the 'sport' mode.

I think the 'shock' settings are not aggressive enough. I can not feel much difference in 'normal' and 'aggressive'. We have smooth roads here so give us a more aggressive setting.

It's still the best ever car that I have ever owned in this price range. It is really good, and the engine is perfect.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
You're not helping my wait Doc... I still have a month to wait & your glowing reviews describing orgasmic automotive euphoria while simply being in the presence of the new Shelby is NOT helping my wait (insert linguistical satirical sarcasm).
Thanks for the feedback...!

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
... I still have a month to wait & your glowing reviews describing orgasmic automotive euphoria while simply being in the presence of the new Shelby is NOT helping my wait....
I agree about the waiting as it's like waiting for a slow train to GA. I ordered in January (almost 6 months to delivery).

I am still not good at finding the settings with the buttons. Yea, I know it's easier to sit in the garage and memorize them but what fun is that? I do recommend JLP rock blocker things. The standard tires are sticky so when cruising in the mountains, you can hear the rocks picked up hitting the car.

I will also clean the chassis of the car which will also pick up and keep a bunch of rocks and debris on the suspension parts. I will use air pressure (it also runs tools) to clean the underside of the car at least every oil change.

BTW, the engineers wanted a lot of oil pressure when first starting the car and getting it up to temp. My dash gauge showed 122 Psi today. That number would blow off hoses on some of the older cars that I have owned.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
And you bought the car from Jacky
Sponsored