2019 passenger rattle noise

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Well that sucks, maybe I'll just sacrifice a goat and hope the sound magically stops.
I have a temporary solution for you. Put a small box or decently thick book in that pocket and it will stop that rattle. I found when I applied pressure to the back of the seat with someone in it the rattle would go away entirely. So I stuck the box my AirPods came in in there and no more rattle. Fords.
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I've found one creaking noise today coming from the passenger side ac vent above the glovebox. All these days i thought it was either the glove box or passenger door :headbang:

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I have a 2019 mustang gt has about 1500 miles just notice every morning I have a rattle sound coming from passenger side. Once car sits in the Sun it goes away. Need help getting pretty annoying.

Late to this, but nearly exactly the same noise (but quieter) in my '21. I'll check the battery tray, thanks all.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Late to this, but nearly exactly the same noise (but quieter) in my '21. I'll check the battery tray, thanks all.
I have the same noise and found the culprit to be passenger seat rail.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I noticed when I took my pass seat out that it went away. I wonder if it's the harness for the electronics banging around.
You might think that, but when I was tracking down a rattle from this area I noticed there's very little under my premium heated/cooled seats to bang around, and things are generally put up pretty neatly. From the noises I was hearing I expected a rats nest of wires. :p

My rattle/clicking ended up being the passenger seat bolts not being torqued properly or something. I just undid and redid the corner I tracked the clicking to, and that solved my issue. There ended up being a TSB I saw at one point about some Mustangs that left the factory with the issue. (don't ask me to cite that, I saw it forever ago)

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
How was is resolved? New seat/rail, or tightened it down?
resolved by itself over the winter 😂 If it returns again this summer, I'm planning on removing the bolt and retightening it down

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
You might think that, but when I was tracking down a rattle from this area I noticed there's very little under my premium heated/cooled seats to bang around, and things are generally put up pretty neatly. From the noises I was hearing I expected a rats nest of wires. :p

My rattle/clicking ended up being the passenger seat bolts not being torqued properly or something. I just undid and redid the corner I tracked the clicking to, and that solved my issue. There ended up being a TSB I saw at one point about some Mustangs that left the factory with the issue. (don't ask me to cite that, I saw it forever ago)
... thanks both for the info. Silly question, how did you get to the bolts? Looks like there is a plastic rectangular cutout that comes out of a larger plastic surrounding piece... I tried prying with a trim tool and stopped when it wasn't moving much....

EDIT, went out and got the clips off. My bolts ('21) are not T50... odd... will see dealer for a snug down.

Last edited:

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Interesting. Mine did do that from the factory and after I put the seat back in. I'll try to snug it all up.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
... thanks both for the info. Silly question, how did you get to the bolts? Looks like there is a plastic rectangular cutout that comes out of a larger plastic surrounding piece... I tried prying with a trim tool and stopped when it wasn't moving much....

EDIT, went out and got the clips off. My bolts ('21) are not T50... odd... will see dealer for a snug down.
I think I had to get T55? I don't remember.

Glad you got the covers off, they just pop right off for sure.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I think I had to get T55? I don't remember.

Glad you got the covers off, they just pop right off for sure.
For sure not a T50, T55 was too loose, didn't even try and T60 too large. Dealer must have a specific size. I'll make an appointment for them to snug them down.

Hurley711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt 2010 Shelby GT500
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here and this is my first post ever but I'm a brand new Bullitt owner who has this dreaded noise coming from the passenger side of the car which like other sounds like it's coming from the glove box but from what I'm reading it may not be? Has anyone come up with a proper solution for this annoyance? The dealer is baffled. They tried blaming it on the lug nuts being in the glove box which is complete nonsense because I've driven it without them in there. They took the easy way out. The only time that it seems to lessen is like others when I have the seat adjusted a little more forward than normal, but even that's not a permanent solution. Between this and the rear end, making a clunk clunk, clunk clunk noise even after having the rear shocks and the rear subframe connector replaced, I'm ready to drive this thing into the river.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here and this is my first post ever but I'm a brand new Bullitt owner who has this dreaded noise coming from the passenger side of the car which like other sounds like it's coming from the glove box but from what I'm reading it may not be? Has anyone come up with a proper solution for this annoyance? The dealer is baffled. They tried blaming it on the lug nuts being in the glove box which is complete nonsense because I've driven it without them in there. They took the easy way out. The only time that it seems to lessen is like others when I have the seat adjusted a little more forward than normal, but even that's not a permanent solution. Between this and the rear end, making a clunk clunk, clunk clunk noise even after having the rear shocks and the rear subframe connector replaced, I'm ready to drive this thing into the river.
I added thicker window weather stripping around the glove box so when it closes it has that padding.

So many rattles.

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
These vehicles have incessant and numerous rattles. It is a function of poor design and assembly quality. Until Ford invests more than $2 in additional effort to upgrade their interiors, we might as well just resign ourselves to riding inside a toy box.

Recognize that we purchased a low cost muscle car relatively speaking. We did not buy refined sports machines.
Sponsored