Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
PP2 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

I just bought a PP2 at IAA auctions in Houston. This is my second Mustang, bought as a damage car. The first was the 2015 Black Mustang V6 from AT and rebuilt as a GT body look (separate topic). After a year, I started thinking about adding a turbo on my V6, but finally gave myself the chance to buy my first ever V8.
This red one PP2 had an accident in august 2020 in Alvin (TX)
Stang is now ready for shipment and expect that arrive during next few weeks.
I going to collect list of parts and starts to buying necessary part to rebuild that car.
Have heard that the PP2 has different parts, comparing with PP1, does he? Basically I'm not sure for cooling system (radiator) is the same or it's larger than normally? I can't find that simple answer, because in my country Ford doesn't provide the selling of this model!
Maybe you could me help to find the answer?
My car has a front collision, so... question and idea is to buying the Mach1 bumper, but this car is so fresh and you can't order spare parts. PP2 is similar to Mach1, does he?
All of this history, and story abut previous Mustang is available on instagram @yel0n_s550 - invite you!

I going to putting some story about the rebuild in correct time, so... cross fingers! :)

Regards!
Adam

spy photos:

6-P1040145.JPG

14-P1040153.JPG

32-P1040171.JPG
Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Lots of suspension is different. Wheels are different along with tires size.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Also the programming of the computer for the suspension.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to get a car shipped from Texas to Poland? Did you get the Mustang for a good price at auction?

OP
OP
Yel0n

Yel0n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
PP2 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to get a car shipped from Texas to Poland? Did you get the Mustang for a good price at auction?
Shipping is a cost about 1000 USD.

The price now are really cheep, sometimes you can buy a GT (s550) about 6-9k USD depend on millage and year.

Generaly the bidding give you opportunity to buy a car around 25-35% of regular price

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Parts that you will have to replace just looking at the pics are likely identical to PP1 - including radiator. Splitter is different but this is more cosmetic change.

Suspension has different springs / sway bars and Magneride programing (likely) and that's about it. It's not really that different than PP1 Magneride (wheels / tires are different of course but look good)

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I've got a 15 that is every available option but I have been watching auctions for another that could be built up as a track car.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Parts that you will have to replace just looking at the pics are likely identical to PP1 - including radiator. Splitter is different but this is more cosmetic change.

Suspension has different springs / sway bars and Magneride programing (likely) and that's about it. It's not really that different than PP1 Magneride (wheels / tires are different of course but look good)
The radiator is bigger. Here's a full list on top of PP1

The Performance Package 2 is available on the Mustang GT Fastback and includes:
•19-inch x 10.5-inch (F) 19-inch x 11-inch ® dark tarnish-painted aluminum wheels
•Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires (summer only)
•Brembo six piston front brake calipers with larger rotors
•Engine-spun aluminum instrument panel
•Gauge Pack (vacuum and oil pressure)
•High-performance front splitter
•K-brace
•Large radiator
•MagneRide® Damping System with track-inspired calibration
•Strut tower brace
•Unique rear spoiler

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The radiator is bigger. Here's a full list on top of PP1

The Performance Package 2 is available on the Mustang GT Fastback and includes:
•19-inch x 10.5-inch (F) 19-inch x 11-inch ® dark tarnish-painted aluminum wheels
•Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires (summer only)
•Brembo six piston front brake calipers with larger rotors
•Engine-spun aluminum instrument panel
•Gauge Pack (vacuum and oil pressure)
•High-performance front splitter
•K-brace
•Large radiator
•MagneRide® Damping System with track-inspired calibration
•Strut tower brace
•Unique rear spoiler
This list isn't over PP1 as most of these things are part of PP1 - gauges, braces, Magneride (minus calibration - if it's really different which I think is questionable). Pretty sure larger radiator just means large PP1 radiator (which is larger than base).

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This list isn't over PP1 as most of these things are part of PP1 - gauges, braces, Magneride (minus calibration - if it's really different which I think is questionable). Pretty sure larger radiator just means large PP1 radiator (which is larger than base).
hmm you may be right about the radiator. But the springs, sway bars, etc. are different even though both cars have them. Pp2 is stiffer, hence mag calibration difference

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Good luck with your project

OP
OP
Yel0n

Yel0n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
PP2 2019
Vehicle Showcase
thank you all for your activity! :fistbump:

How can I check the radiator number? In my Country we don"t have a possibility to read a part number of radiator... even dealer of ford trying :/

another question is... specification of PP2 is similar to Mach1... maybe should try to put the bumper from Mach1? what do you think? Does will be fit?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
thank you all for your activity! :fistbump:

How can I check the radiator number? In my Country we don"t have a possibility to read a part number of radiator... even dealer of ford trying :/

another question is... specification of PP2 is similar to Mach1... maybe should try to put the bumper from Mach1? what do you think? Does will be fit?
Not sure what you mean by checking - if you have the original radiator, P/N has to be marked somewhere.

Looking at any Ford Parts site (Tasca / Levittown), there are only two radiators for Mustang GTs - Performance package one is FR3Z-8005-G and I am 99.9% certain it is identical for PP1 and PP2, since it also is used for GT350....
You can always use an aftermarket one as well - Mishimoto makes them I think.

As for Mach 1 bumper cover - even if it fits, I think it will be really difficult to get it anytime soon.

Btw - mieszkalem w Warszawie (na Bielanach - wiec niedaleko od Bemowa) przez ponad 30 lat.

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
As has been indicated here you should be able to find production numbers (not necessarily actual part numbers) which will in large measure map you to Ford part numbers with dealer. I have a race red 2020 PP2 with 147 miles on it waiting for warm weather as I sit here watching it snow outside. I'm happy to help you as far as identifying stuff you'll need to get yours road worthy.

I'd stick with keeping it PP2 authentic. So I'd put the correct splitter and fascia etc.

Rest of what you might need are possibly front suspension components if damaged be sure to use the correct PP2 parts where differentiated as Ford deliberately used those component parts in calibrating handling and suspension geometry factors for this package. Not that you can't tweak what was there but to me having the stock baseline is always a good place to start any build.... and PP2 is a pretty damn solid package from my experience.

And you'll have expense in evaluating making certain the airbags are of highest quality if they can't be packed with new clocksprings etc. That's all Ford factory tech and dealer stuff in my opinion.... I Never repair and install such safety devices with third party non factory Ford people when it comes to safety standards.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Yel0n

Yel0n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
PP2 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all for your activities!

The PP2 is in EU.

Just confirmed, that cooling radiator is the same like PP1 :)

Still have a problem with order the completely bumper from new Mach1.

Right now collecting the parts.
First delivery on picture.

Stay tuned!

Regards!

20210217_114446.jpg

20210217_114628.jpg

20210217_115546.jpg

20210217_115348.jpg
Sponsored