2019 Mustang GT350 vs. 2020 Mustang GT350

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Changes: We increased strength in the block and heads. We went to longer head bolts and deeper columns. We also added a fourth active layer to the head gasket and additional casting structure in the head. In the interest of commonality and efficiency, we’re rolling those changes into Voodoo

For standard application and my use, no. But if you have any thoughts of boost then absolutely.

They did this to save money lol
Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
2020 GT350 will likely bring no changes except for colors. The 2019 is already using the new GT500 block and improvements.

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
According to Ford Performance the only change in the 2020 GT350 is the addition of a couple of new colors and the use of the heavier GT500 engine block. Ashame as they now have the current engine worked out. Hope there aren"t any startup issues with the 2020.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
If the new engine is heavier, isn't that bad for performance ? I mean this car is heavy already... R or not.

My BMW is almost exact weight as the GT350, and that is an AWD with transfer case, 2 diffs , etc etc.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Will it weigh more? probably but nobody knows for sure. For 99.8 percent of the people who buy these cars the 5 or so extra pounds they added to beef up the deck and head fasteners will never be noticed on their way to Starbucks.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I thought the GT500 block appears on the GT350 beginning 2020.
I've heard two versions: That the GT500 blocks moved into the 2019 GT350's mid-year AND the 2020 GT350 would share a block with the 2020 GT500. I'm thinking Snopes won't help on this one...

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Will it weigh more? probably but nobody knows for sure. For 99.8 percent of the people who buy these cars the 5 or so extra pounds they added to beef up the deck and head fasteners will never be noticed on their way to Starbucks.
I strongly disagree. :beer:

I believe 75% of the buyers have raced a car or have done a HPDE (high performance driver education) event.. I'd say that the rest plan to do a track event.

These are not guys that wait in line to buy a $10 cappuccino at Starbucks.They grew up with car posters on their wall and wanted a fast car. They are mostly alpha males and have a beautiful girl-friend.

This isn't a place for clients of a Suburu:
Subaru.jpg

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat

I believe 75% of the buyers have raced a car or have done a HPDE (high performance driver education) event.. I'd say that the rest plan to do a track event.

These are not guys that wait in line to buy a $10 cappuccino at Starbucks.They grew up with car posters on their wall and wanted a fast car. They are mostly alpha males and have a beautiful girl-friend.
Disagree all you want. I have seat time at Riverside, Willow Springs, Laguna, Sears Point, Hallet. Heartland, and other. I want to go as fast as I can and having 5 to 10 pounds more engine weight unless you are Billy Johnson is not going to make any difference.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Disagree all you want. I have seat time at Riverside, Willow Springs, Laguna, Sears Point, Hallet. Heartland, and other. I want to go as fast as I can and having 5 to 10 pounds more engine weight unless you are Billy Johnson is not going to make any difference.
Billy Johnson is done. They had five teams at Le Mans and Johnson wasn't racing (he got a ride before). He had a great relationship with Roush Fenway Racing but didn't make the cut.

I mean no negatives to your great driving abilities, but a driver must have a large significant amount of sponsors to survive in the big leagues.

The rest of us race in vintage or SCCA (or NASA) since we like it. I have a license in all three with a budget in one of them.

I got a podium and an interview from the podium at Watkins Glen:
GlenWin.jpg

I am on the right. It did cost me $100 per lap to get a $10 trophy. It's all for fun and the memorizes.

Kado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H4866

This isn't a place for clients of a Suburu:
Subaru.jpg

<--- Works for Subaru. Loves Starbucks. One of these kids is not like the other...

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
2020 GT350 will likely bring no changes except for colors. The 2019 is already using the new GT500 block and improvements.
One model GT350 will receive changes

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Billy Johnson is done. They had five teams at Le Mans and Johnson wasn't racing (he got a ride before). He had a great relationship with Roush Fenway Racing but didn't make the cut.

I mean no negatives to your great driving abilities, but a driver must have a large significant amount of sponsors to survive in the big leagues.

The rest of us race in vintage or SCCA (or NASA) since we like it. I have a license in all three with a budget in one of them.

I got a podium and an interview from the podium at Watkins Glen:
GlenWin.jpg

I am on the right. It did cost me $100 per lap to get a $10 trophy. It's all for fun and the memorizes.
Billy did run Lemans. Not done in my book
Sponsored