Sponsored

2019 mustang gt pp1 mt82 blown motor

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have put over 10k miles on it since that video and its running great, I just add 2 bottles of ceratec every oil change. If ceratec didnt work I would have had it bought back too since that noise was not acceptable to me, but ceratec worked and it runs great.
After running 5,000mi with Ceratec, I changed my oil and the tick came right back with a vengeance immediately. So, I started adding a little at a time, and found that 1/2 bottle is enough to subdue the tick in mine.

This latest oil change I decided not to run Ceratec again, and it ticks just like before. However, based on the fact that I have been able to attribute this to mainly just a tick when the oil pressure is below 30psi, and not really rpm related, I am starting to think it's HLA related at lower oil pressures. Basically, lazy/lagging lash adjusters when the pressure is at idle. I may go back to using Ceratec, or maybe try Archoil, since it also has Boron nitride, but doesn't leave that milky appearance in the oil. A lot of diesel guys use it to subdue lifter noise, and works great.
Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
viscosity?
PUP 5w30.

My latest without Ceratec, I switched to QSUD 5w30. Tick came back, just the same. I have a feeling I may just start running 1/2 bottle Ceratec every oil change, as no oil seems to make a difference without a friction modifier.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
PUP 5w30.

My latest without Ceratec, I switched to QSUD 5w30. Tick came back, just the same. I have a feeling I may just start running 1/2 bottle Ceratec every oil change, as no oil seems to make a difference without a friction modifier.
Same result here, although when I switched to amsoil 5w30 signature series it didnt come back immediately as you can see in that video I posted above, but I still added ceratec to that oil eventually.

Then I switched to amsoil 0w30 signature series and it did come back for some reason, so I just added more ceratec again to the oil and its gone again. Im going to add 2 bottles every oil change I believe.

OP
OP
james5.0

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
If there is audible “clanking” then there’s def an internal issue. Hard to say if it would be top end or bottom at this point, but i would think it a bottom end issue from the brief description.

Did it sound like pots and pans being banged together?
The best way I Can describe it is the sound of a roller coaster when you are going up, that metal clank sound. They finally have it in the back today tearing it down. its something the neighbors can hear, it sucks because I have a 16 z06 that lives next door to me and a modified 17 scat pack charger right across the street , they are all giving me hell lol. Now im in a escape.

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The best way I Can describe it is the sound of a roller coaster when you are going up, that metal clank sound. They finally have it in the back today tearing it down. its something the neighbors can hear, it sucks because I have a 16 z06 that lives next door to me and a modified 17 scat pack charger right across the street , they are all giving me hell lol. Now im in a escape.
Getting grief from a Dodge owner. That would almost hurt more than a rolled bearing. :crying:

OP
OP
james5.0

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
ok so the tech looked at it today and the motor is gone and the problem started with cylinder 7 and went to hell from their, they are replacing the motor and im getting a 2018 f-250 diesel to drive in the mean time.

Last edited:

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
ok so the tech looked at it today and confirmed it appears to be an issue with cylinder 7 and the noise is coming from the lower part of the engine.
Come to think of it, there's been quite a few VooDoo's with rolled bearing issues as of late. When you're crank an engine 7,500-8,500rpm, one need not wonder why...

OP
OP
james5.0

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
Really wish you had a video of the sound
I should have. Honestly man it kind of sounded like your video, I have been with Ford for 13 years and I don’t really think them telling you to add an additive for that Is acceptable
Sponsored

Last edited: