2019 mustang gt Emblem removal

Caleb_Moreles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (AUTO)
Hello, I have a 2019 mustang gt with the black accent package and I was wondering if I can remove my GT emblem on my deck lid without any holes or do I need to buy a new plain deck lid ?
Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure that would leave holes, you need a blank one.. they are like $110.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Metallic
There are holes behind the gt. You would need a blank decklid.
That's why I put a matte black GT logo off eBay when I pulled off the cheap looks-like-carbon-fiber thing the previous owner put over the decklid.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hello, I have a 2019 mustang gt with the black accent package and I was wondering if I can remove my GT emblem on my deck lid without any holes or do I need to buy a new plain deck lid ?
Unfortunately on every single S550 deck lid regardless of the model, the factory emblem is plastic welded through the panel, leaving holes in the panel.

One could fill the holes and have the panel wrapped or painted.

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
Yes - holes. And, yes you can drill the plastic weld. If you use fairly thick wrap, filling the holes is not necessary - won't show. But, that big, long concave arch is a pure PITA to get covered properly. Way easier to just purchase a blank panel.

I bought the cheapest blank panel I could find. Fitment wasn't perfect, but passable. I threw on some cheap fleabay decals -
Coyote.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes - holes. And, yes you can drill the plastic weld. If you use fairly thick wrap, filling the holes is not necessary - won't show. But, that big, long concave arch is a pure PITA to get covered properly. Way easier to just purchase a blank panel.

I bought the cheapest blank panel I could find. Fitment wasn't perfect, but passable. I threw on some cheap fleabay decals -
Coyote.jpg
What panel did you go with? Also seeing you have a 2018+ S550, how susceptible is the aftermarket piece with surface scratches compared to the original?

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
What panel did you go with? Also seeing you have a 2018+ S550, how susceptible is the aftermarket piece with surface scratches compared to the original?
MP Concepts from American Muscle.
It might be a little softer than OEM. If it is, it's not much. Probably 5 to 7 hundred miles on it and it looks fine. For $105 I consider it a consumable. Scratch it up - get another. I'm guessing every 2 to 3 years.

The pain with any of the aftermarket panels is that you have to transfer clips and all the cork and foam seal/anti rattle strips from old to new. Not difficult, just time consuming to get them off without destroying them, and back on correctly.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
It might be a little softer than OEM. If it is, it's not much. Probably 5 to 7 hundred miles on it and it looks fine. For $105 I consider it a consumable. Scratch it up - get another. I'm guessing every 2 to 3 years.

The pain with any of the aftermarket panels is that you have to transfer clips and all the cork and foam seal/anti rattle strips from old to new. Not difficult, just time consuming to get them off without destroying them, and back on correctly.
Wonder if having the panel cleared with a high quality clear , say 5 coats ( one coat will get wet sanded and cut and buffed off )before installed would make it once and done.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for the info!

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
i also was wondering about having it cleared
surely it would be better than the fragile finish on it now ???

i was pondering extending my stripes across it never seen one that has done that???

anyone put stripes on there ???
Sponsored

Last edited: