ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 White w/ Blue Stripes
What tires and sizes do you have there?

I was quoted $10,300 installed for Phase 1 at a local dealer - I laughed out loud.

Would rather put that money towards a whipple & install it myself.

EDIT - For comparison purposes I ran 12.5 at the drag strip stock GT MT82
unnamed (3).jpg
Sponsored

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What tires and sizes do you have there?
19x10 s350 wheels from LMR, tires are Firestone Indy 500 - 285/35 all the way around.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 18 with the Roush with the latest tune, installed last week, and I can stomp it with Toyo r888r’s 285’s in drag mode with some spin. Otherwise not much in other modes and none after a dig, if the temp is above 70 out. So stickier tires. I also have coil overs so that helps.

As far as heat, Roush just released a 40% bigger lower temp heat exchanger. About $400. Call them and they’ll Give you info on it. Btw, I’ve experienced no reduction In power and I’ve done many wot pulls. But I haven’t had temps over 88 here.

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
What size r888r’s are you running? Mine will spin 1st and 2nd easily until tires are hot then it calms down a bit but still spins in 1st at WOT throttle and 2nd if I want it to. Even with the supercharger this car still wants high RPM’s to really get moving, but when you let it eat the pull is awesome. I’m thinking my perceived large power drop was the tires heating up and not as much power drop off as I thought. I finally got a chance to hammer it on some on ramps and I was way impressed lol. How are the R888R’s in the rain?

Sponsored

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
Sorry, meant to say what size wheels are you running for the 285’s?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
What size r888r’s are you running? Mine will spin 1st and 2nd easily until tires are hot then it calms down a bit but still spins in 1st at WOT throttle and 2nd if I want it to. Even with the supercharger this car still wants high RPM’s to really get moving, but when you let it eat the pull is awesome. I’m thinking my perceived large power drop was the tires heating up and not as much power drop off as I thought. I finally got a chance to hammer it on some on ramps and I was way impressed lol. How are the R888R’s in the rain?
285/35/20" and they're really sticky. I couldn't be more pleased. It will grab and take off at any speed and launch you. I have an A10 though. Only time I lose grip is when it's chili out (60's or below) or I hammer it from a dig. In Drag mode It gives a very beefy squeal out but gains grip quickly. Might be hop related. I need to lock down my IRS. I've driven in the rain but you don't want to be going over 70 or driving aggressively and if it gets too hard I just pull over. Basically I drive it like its a Harley. Theres so much power you can lose grip so quickly. My buddy totaled his Camaro just passing someone when the road was wet. I dont chance it. I kept my Continental Extreme's up front so that helps a little.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My buddy went 11.1@126 in the heat at Englishtown last yr, +1600 DA
In a loaded up GT

MrDuckBootz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sorry to revive a dead thread but I figured I might as well instead of make another post on the same topic. I’m debating the roush phase 2 or the whipple gen 5 3liter. They are relatively the same price so I was hoping some one here knows the quarter mile times for both equipped with the 10 speed. I want to know how much faster the whipple is. I was also hoping people that have had these blowers for a while could tell me how reliable they have been, I don’t want to void my warrenty and have parts start to break on me. It’s my daily so having it in the shop would be less then ideal.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a Roush phase 2. When I had a problem with the S/C, I took the car back to the dealer that installed it. It took about a week and a half to get it fixed but the dealer gave me a loaner.
Sponsored