2019 Mustang GT 350

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
Wow - this is something where NY is actually very reasonable! Vehicle reg is based on weight but ~$65 every 2 years and the only tax is sale tax at purchase. There are nominal fees for title and plates, but also only at purchase. I didn't realize that other states had it so bad!

We do have an annual inspection which limits what mods you can do, but not in any ways that bother me (largely just keep your cats and limit tint - both good things to do anyways, though the tint limit may be a bit excessive). the inspection do help keep completely unsafe cars off the road - brakes are a good thing to have!
Sponsored

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Just to be clear, no Property Tax here in FL on Automobiles like many states have. We still have property tax on a house if you own a house.....

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
When I lived in NJ, I paid almost $15K a year just in House Property taxes and you get nothing for it in NJ other than a school to send your children which yes that is important. Here in FL, for same priced house, the house property taxes are about $5K - $6K annual.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Just to be clear, no Property Tax here in FL on Automobiles like many states have. We still have property tax on a house if you own a house.....

Gotcha, that makes a difference. Delaware has 4.2% tax at purchase registration. Nothing after.

Sponsored

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
1) wait until sheā€™s 10 years old
2) open a Montana LLC
3) register car thru said LLC
4) pay ONCE for a permanent tag
5) enjoy
I was not aware there was a 10 year old rule in place. I just assumed one could do the LLC and register any year.

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Not the case at all here in FL. It is dramatically cheaper to live here, i pay no income tax and house property taxes are very cheap, electric is cheaper etc. Florida derives its revenue base through tourism taxes which I do not pay as a resident here as I don't go on vacation in FL. The sales tax rate here is 6% which is fair and also less than some other states like NJ. All you have to do is do the math and compare to other states, there is no catch here in FL.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Not the case at all here in FL. It is dramatically cheaper to live here, i pay no income tax and house property taxes are very cheap, electric is cheaper etc. Florida derives its revenue base through tourism taxes which I do not pay as a resident here as I don't go on vacation in FL. The sales tax rate here is 6% which is fair and also less than some other states like NJ. All you have to do is do the math and compare to other states, there is no catch here in FL.
Absolutely true. Why do you think the rich move out of states like California?
Iā€˜m not what I would consider rich but very comfortable. Retiring soon and may leave myself. Iā€™ll get an instant 2K per month increase just by moving. Something to think about for sure.
Pretty tough as Iā€™ve been here 58 of my 62 years. Family, friends, church etc is hard to walk away from and start over. The only thing California has going for it is the weather and the politicians know it.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Absolutely true. Why do you think the rich move out of states like California?
Iā€˜m not what I would consider rich but very comfortable. Retiring soon and may leave myself. Iā€™ll get an instant 2K per month increase just by moving. Something to think about for sure.
Pretty tough as Iā€™ve been here 58 of my 62 years. Family, friends, church etc is hard to walk away from and start over. The only thing California has going for it is the weather and the politicians know it.
Looks like lots of people are leaving California, I think last year was either the first time the population has gone down or the most in a long time. Problem is it looks like they run but take their voting agenda with them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
1) wait until sheā€™s 10 years old
2) open a Montana LLC
3) register car thru said LLC
4) pay ONCE for a permanent tag
5) enjoy
This did once work. It's just today that you better own land with a cabin in Montana to prove you live there. You better have a Montana Driver or Hunting License.

Most State tax laws require that you pay the tax in the County of the State where you live and where you keep the car.

A Montana tag is just asking for a State Patrolman to pull you over. Everyone knows that it is a scam to avoid paying taxes.

---Back on topic:
I think my 2019 Shelby is the best new Ford that I've owned. It runs well when traveling around the local roads at 3000 Rpm. It can explode in horsepower to 8200 Rpm when I hit the throttle. It has a lot of grip in the turns.

2019GT350a.jpg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I think my 2019 Shelby is the best new Ford that I've owned. It runs well when traveling around the local roads at 3000 Rpm. It can explode in horsepower to 8200 Rpm when I hit the throttle. It has a lot of grip in the turns.
I agree Doc... your Shelby just needs two things: 1. white stripes and, 2. Ford Performance Blue paint and WHAA-LAAH............. perfection!

How many miles of enjoyment do you now have?
I'm at 25,500 in just 21 months.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I agree Doc... your Shelby just needs two things: 1. white stripes and, 2. Ford Performance Blue paint and WHAA-LAAH............. perfection!

How many miles of enjoyment do you now have?
I'm at 25,500 in just 21 months.
Dave,
Your 25K miles are awesome for many reasons. I have been with you in the north GA mountains with your car. You understood the late-brake with fast out driving.

I appreciate your comments. I had a bad slip/fall that broke three rear ribs 2 months ago. I am almost back to 90% . I went almost two months without driving the GT350 or the other car.

992-GT350a.jpg

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hope you get back to 100% soon, your fellow Magnetic Gray friend.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hello comrade! Between the registration and gas itā€™s insane
Even Ethanol is up to $3 gallon
Sponsored